autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

This is a placeholder thread for pictures and comments from the May 2015 3-day Detailing Boot Camp Class.

Pictures from the class as well as comments and feedback from this class will be posted to this thread.

Stay tuned....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Training Cars for May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class

Hello all, my name is David Ramsey and I'm attending the first 3 day boot camp. I thought I'd take extensive notes and publish a ton of pictures to document the class, but to be honest, I've been too busy. The class is very well organized, and Mike and Nick have done a great job lining things up so they flow seamlessly. The class is full of some very high caliber people, who are hard working, smart, and overall good people. I'd invite anyone here to my home for dinner. We covered production detailing today and I'm tired. It is amazing how much 15-20 people can do working at one time. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Thank you to Mike and Nick for all the work they put in to make this class happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRamsey View Post
    Hello all, my name is David Ramsey and I'm attending the first 3 day boot camp. I thought I'd take extensive notes and publish a ton of pictures to document the class, but to be honest, I've been too busy. The class is very well organized, and Mike and Nick have done a great job lining things up so they flow seamlessly. The class is full of some very high caliber people, who are hard working, smart, and overall good people. I'd invite anyone here to my home for dinner. We covered production detailing today and I'm tired. It is amazing how much 15-20 people can do working at one time. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Thank you to Mike and Nick for all the work they put in to make this class happen.
    Awesome David!

Really great to hear that. I know what you mean, I too wanted to take photos & keep everyone up to date with my trip & how Boot Camp was going but it really is pretty busy & so much to do that you just don't want to miss out doing something by pausing a moment to take pictures or even after class is finished for the day, post something here straight away.

Pleased to hear you are having fun. Enjoy the next TWO days mate!

Aaryn NZ.

Hallandale Beach, between Miami and Fort Lauderdale
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: We need a bigger garage!

It was so so great experience today!!!

Learned a lot of things!!! It's very fun to be here!!! I am so happy that I signed up for this!!! Unfortunately I had overnight flight from Europe and came without sleeping at night, and drove all way down from Miami. Arrived late and was welcomed by one of the funny Mikes jokes that we have to start over because of my late arrival)) LOL.

I couldn't stop washing and detailing the cars for half a day until my tiredness took over but it's very awesome experience, we went even to see the production and shipping department, man, it's something!!!!! It's a huge operation going on every day, had a chance to meet Bob and Nick!!! Actually Nick doing so great job that he understands Mike from just one word, tried to convince Bob that Nick needs a rise because he's everywhere!!!

I did have such a good time and laughs and most importantly learning experience never in my life!!! It's such a great place to be here!!!!

I don't even want to this class to end !!! Will going to miss everything!! Thanks God we have another 2 full days ahead of us!!!

It's just amazing to learn from pros and especially Mike!!

We are very nice group here, having fun and learning all the time!! Most of us are members of forum, so it was nice to meet them! What can I say, if the class would extended for another week, I would stayed here without any doubts !!

You guys don't even know what you are missing!!! It's so awesome to be here!!! Thank you Mike and Nick for making this happen !!!

Also thank you Bob for giving us close experience what's going on on Autogeek mixing, shipping department, I can't even describe how happy I am to be here and learn everything,and it's fun ,a lot of fun we have here

I guess I made half of the forum guys jealous,sorry about that! But we still have two amazing days more!!

If you ever doubted about signing up, don't!! This is the place to be !! What a awesome group we have here,we learning joking, and like I said I didn't have a such great experience for a long time!!!

Thank you Mike and Nick for making it happen!!!!

Sent from my Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: We need a bigger garage! - Cars for the class this weekend!

So sad, second day is gone,tomorrow the last one, (I could do over and over again what we are doing)

It's not possible to describe, you have to feel it!!!! Maybe I am repeating myself but such a cool and great atmosphere and learning altogether,it's hard to find!!!
    I am not trying to advertise something or say you got to go and take this class, no, but the feelings and people who's around you and the knowledge we getting to know, it's something unreal.

I don't remember when last time I had so much fun and laughs and learning the same time!!! And as more we start to know each other, as more fun it becomes. I think these boot camps needs to be extended for at least a week or 5 days, we start to know each other and work as a team and cars just rolling out of Mikes garage one after other. I think a few more weeks and we could make such a team that show class cars would be rolling out every half and hour Imagine what we could earn

It's little sad, as when always something good comes to end, but I just loved the time being here and for the knowledge I got, and who knows what tomorrow will brings, we all hungry for info, and everyone 's appetite has been satisfied, and I would say I am lucky to be here and do what I am doing, instead laying on my couch and scratching my ears and switching TV channels!!

I really happy for the group who came together, we're so easy going, also thanks Mike and Nick for your support and making this something special for all of us!!!
    I really suggest anyone who didn't come here yet, do it and you will know what I am talking about. It's like trying to explain how roses smell, but until you ever smell them, it's hard to understand

Happy weekend everyone !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Some pictures ,so proud meeting Bob

Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1430615411-170936-jpg

And some of our hard work which paid off, that the car was like a mirror, I think I might take it home to use for shaving!

Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1430615512-212038-jpg

Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1430615526-497539-jpg

Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1430615548-768408-jpg

There is Nick documenting our art!

Post Thanks / Like

The blue color is just amazing! You could stare at that for hours

Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1430615975-663453-jpg

Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1430616331-974902-jpg

Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1430616349-612147-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

This is Erny and we are about to start day 3 of the boot camp. I am sure many people have looked at this boot camp over and over and cogitated on whether or not it's for them, are they going to learn things, is it worth it? etc.

I can tell you this - I have never seen such a diverse group of people in such a course. From car wash owners, to enthusiasts, to aspiring detailers. You will come out of this with not only vast experience on how to use all the tools (and I mean all the tools, more to come on that) but the best techniques that allow you to maximize those tools.

Don't forget that not only are you getting a brain dump from Mike and Nick who obviously have a wealth of knowledge and experience, but you learn from those around you... what products they use, how they market in their area, experiences they have had, etc.

In regards to the tools, I was so impressed by how the products and tools are in abundance for you to use. There is no holding back on using the high end products needed to bring these cars to life, you'll have access to great product without having to make large investments to "test it out" yourself. If you weren't sure if you wanted to invest in a Rupes DA or a Flex 3401, I promise you this class will help you with that decision hands down.

Same goes for polishes, waxes, etc. I can go on and on, but make this investment in YOURSELF!! Use what you learn both in regards to product and technique and you'll get the investment back ten fold.

I'll post again after today but having a great time and meeting great people.

Thanks Mike and Nick.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

Wow had an amazing time, thank you very much it was non stop polishing, Mike had every tool in the world there to try and use, if you never been to boot camp you need to, you will love it.

So much fun learning the correct way to compound, polish, wax. Steam clean and condition leather, interior detailing tools mike just kept bringing out extractors, blow dryers and everything you would need to get the job done right.

Autogeek rocks !!!!!!

Saweeeeet

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

Awesome class this last weekend with cool cars and cool people!

Here's a few pictures of the class and some of the cars we worked on....

A huge thank you to everyone for all your focused attention throughout the 3-day class. Not only did we cover every topic from inside and out but we also had a lot of fun working with all the tools and products on some very cool cars!

More pictures later....

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast