autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Newbie Member Bryan@FiveStarShine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Training Cars for May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class

Quote Originally Posted by emezas View Post
    Don't forget that not only are you getting a brain dump from Mike and Nick who obviously have a wealth of knowledge and experience, but you learn from those around you... what products they use, how they market in their area, experiences they have had, etc.
    As Erny mentioned, I thought it was pretty cool to learn, not only from Mike and Nick, but also from other's in the class and their professional experiences. I really enjoyed being able to use all of the different tools and products and compare each of them. I was really curious about using a rotary buffer and when we got a chance to use it and be instructed on proper usage of it I was amazed at how easy it was to create awesome results. It just takes a little hands on experience and guidance from Mike and Nick.

When I initially signed up for the class I was a little worried about whether or not I would learn more than one or two things. I have been reading Mike's forum posts on Meguiar's since about 2006 and then his articles over here at Autogeek. He has already provided so much information I was afraid there wasn't much more to learn! The good news is that if you do decide to go to class you will learn even more, not just about techniques, but about new products as well.

Nick showed us the DP Tire Coating and I was blown away by it. I did not know about this product and I am hooked after seeing it in person. I was also hesitant to do anything related to paint coatings due to the cost. When I saw how little you need to use and the amazing results the paint coating provided my mind was instantly changed. I also learned a few minor techniques about using some products I was not very familiar with as well as a few ways to market some of these products.

Another thing I learned is that if you have any questions, at all, about any product Nick is the guy to contact. Nick knows his stuff and is extremely helpful. I will not hesitate to reach out to Nick if I ever have any questions about what product to use for which situation etc.

I also didn't realize how large of an operation Autogeek is. We were able to take a tour and I had no clue that their warehouse was as large as it is. I didn't know they had so many staff members. I didn't know the volume of items that they sell. I didn't know that the Autogeek brands are formulated to be the best and are not just a "knock off" brand. After getting a chance to use so many of the products in class and compare them to other products I currently use I will definitely be adding a few DP/Pinnacle/Wolfgang/Blackfire products to my supply closet.

The best part is that even if you are working with something you have already read an article or book about you can grab Mike or Nick and get a second set of eyes on your work. You have two experts who can watch your technique and help you perfect the tool or product you are using to save you time, money and effort.

As someone who has been correcting automotive finishes as a hobby for the last 9 years and looking to turn this hobby into a successful business venture, I know that this boot camp has definitely jump started my learning curve. I was a little hesitant about spending the money, but afterwards I am definitely glad I did.

Hallandale Beach, between Miami and Fort Lauderdale
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

I few days are gone after the class,and I still under impression!!! Can't wait to use the techniques and products I learned. Unfortunately it's raining every day now,but as soon as the rain stops I'll jump to my car to put my new learned knowledge on. Besides that I have few of my friends lined up for they car detailing after I explained them that the brand new car needs to do ,to preserve their paint ,basically I started all this to take care of my own car,but looks like the word is going to spread and I will be doing this for a while
    Thank you again Mike and Nick!!! It was really better than taking some kind of vacation cruise I am still under impression of what happen with me over the weekend,even thinking about signing up for next class,but I don't know yet where I am going be in July,but as soon as I find out that I'll be home in FL,I'll sign up without doubts.
    Thank you once again !!!!

Sent from my Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

PS bought the BigFoot ,can't wait to put that in work ,the machine looks like beast !!!

Sent from my Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I always enjoy browsing through the bootcamp threads, even more when I see forum friends participating in this gorgeous class.

I feel really happy for all you guys participating and sharing honest opinions since I dream about being there. Reading about it more and more only increases my will.

Congrats to all who participated and sure to PBMG organization which always demonstrate to be a lot miles ahead our expectation.

Thanks for sharing,

See you!

Kind Regards, from Brazil.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

We sure miss you here !!!! Absolutely !!!it would be the best thing to see you here !! Because people's like you are diamonds . They hard to find ,but if you find you try to keep forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    Those are some cool cars!

Must have been a great class and great time for all.

Nick looks right at home in that Bel Air.

Hey Frank I was hoping to see you there, I had a little something for you. I'll send it to Nick and make sure you get it.

Post Thanks / Like

I just attended the May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp.

What a awesome experience. Mike and Nick did a great job, 3 days packed full of information. If your new to the detailing world like I am this will shave years off your learning curve.

If your a old hat to the industry surely you will pick up some new information.

I'll definitely be back.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Wamp View Post
    I just attended the May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp.

What a awesome experience. Mike and Nick did a great job, 3 days packed full of information. If your new to the detailing world like I am this will shave years off your learning curve.

If your a old hat to the industry surely you will pick up some new information.

I'll definitely be back.

It was great having you here Todd and working along side with you.

I'm getting ready to start going through the 600+ pictures taken at the class and post the ones that really show what they guys get to do when going through our class.

I think we're pretty much the only detailing class that shows as many pictures of people in action during our class and the pictures tell the story.

Mike Phillips

How to use the Cyclo Polisher Detailing Class

At each class I have one to two cars for each type of tool. For the beautiful but swirled out 1956 Chevy Bel Air appraised at $140,000.00 was used to teach the class how to use the Cyclo Orbital Polisher.

Process
    1. Waterless wash with DP Waterless Auto Wash & Gloss
    2. Mechanically decontaminate using Pinnacle Ultra Fine Poly Clay
    3. Remove swirls using Cyclo Polisher, Cyclo Orange & Yellow Foam Cutting Pads and Pinnacle Advanced Compound
    4. Polish to a high gloss using Cyclo Polisher, Cyclo Green Foam Pads and Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
    5. Machine wax using Cyclo Orbital Polisher with Cyclo soft white foam waxing pads and Pinnacle Black Label Synthetic Paint Sealant.

First a few pictures showing the swirls in the paint....

How to remove bonded contaminants using detailing clay
    There's the right way and a lot of wrong ways to use detailing clay. We went over the right way and then the class clayed the paint, glass, chrome and stainless steel surfaces using detailing clay.

How to use a Cyclo Polisher to remove swirls
    After claying there was a demonstration on the correct technique to use for the Cyclo Polisher as well as we went over how to use the Cyclo to do a Test Spot.

Break for hands-on training
    Next the class took over while Nick and I worked with each student to make sure they understood and used the correct technique when buffing with the Cyclo polishers.

Compounding

Polishing

Machine Waxing

Mike Phillips

Continued....

The correct way to remove dried wax
    After allowing the wax to dry we went over the correct techniques to carefully remove a show car wax off of a show car finish.

Show car finish via the Cyclo polisher and Pinnacle compounds, polishes and waxes

Now back outside for a few sun shots....

Besides learning how to use the Cyclo polishers we also used the car to go over,
    • How to use the Dupray Hill Infection Steam Cleaner to safely clean a leather interior and then how to condition and protect the clean leather using Pinnacle Leather Conditioner.

• How to correctly and safely wash a vinyl top and then protect the vinyl top using products from 303 industries.

• How to machine polish chrome and stainless steel.

• How to use a one-step tire dressing to clean and dress whitewall tires.

Excellent work guys!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast