autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Flex 3401 Detailing Classes - Show Car Detailing and Production Detailing

Detailing Classes at Autogeek for 2015

Consistent Dates Each Year
    Because we have people that fly in from around the country and around the world we consistently hold our classes the same time each year so you can make your travel arrangements, (airline tickets, hotel reservations and rental cars).

Due to the popularity of these classes we've added an extra class for 2015.

Last weekend of January.
    First weekend of May
    Third weekend in July
    Last weekend in September

Here are the dates for Detailing Classes at Autogeek for 2015.

January 2015 Class

January 24th and 25th - Full - No more seats available.

Note: Starting in May of 2015 the classes go to three days.

May 2015 Class

Friday May 1st
    Saturday May 2nd
    Sunday May 3rd

Click here to sign-up for this class

July 2015 Class
    Friday, July 17th
    Saturday, July 18th
    Sunday, July 19th

Call 1-800-869-3011 to sign up for this class.

September 2015 Class
    Friday, September 25th
    Saturday, September 26th
    Sunday, September 27th

Call 1-800-869-3011 to sign up for this class.

All classes always fill up so plan accordingly and get registered early.

Mike Phillips

First hand testimonies....

These are the first-hand testimonies from the people that attended the September 2014 Class. More to come...

Pictures & Comments: Sept 2014 Detail Boot Camp Class

Quote Originally Posted by OnsiteDetailing View Post

This class was absolutely awesome. I learned more information and had plenty of opportunity to learn to use new equipment than I thought was possible during a two-day training. It was great to work with one of the top professionals in the industry.

I had two goals in mind I wanted to take away from this class. The first was to introduce myself to different polishers. Currently, I use the Porter Cable and want to purchase a second, more advanced polisher, and with so many on the market, I was unsure of which one. My new polisher will be the Flex. My second goal was exactly how Mike Phillips stated, and that was to bring my comfort level up with paint correction.

I detail for a living. Beyond the above, I learned some new information that can improve my business skills, assess a potential client's needs, and realistically - from both my client's perspective and mine - meet those needs. I was also introduced to new compounds, polishes, and waxes that I can add to or replace what is currently in my arsenal.

In Ken Robinson's book, "The Element," he writes about doing your passion and being in your "tribe," and how this helps create a successful and satisfying life. It was great to spend a weekend with both enthusiasts and other detailers doing this work for a living. Thanks for recognizing our passion Nick, and thank you for all of your guidance too!

Quote Originally Posted by wcatala View Post

Hi guy's I'm just new to the forum; I just took Mike's bootcamp and for me was a mind blowing experience; working with those cars especially the Dodge Lancer what a unique car.

I flew with my wife all the way from Puerto Rico and l wanted to thanks Mike Phillips and his crew (Nick and Jesse) for the training and sharing their experience with us, I feel that my confidence level went from a 3 to a 7.

I am thankful for getting the opportunity to know Bob from Autogeek, Bob and Chris from Flex North America thanks for the meet and greet and all the classmates; I had a wonderful time and hope to see you all soon.

William Catala

Quote Originally Posted by Sharply Dressed View Post

I'm a new member of the forum and this is my first post.

I've been researching and reading so much about detailing since I decided to pursue this art. Part of that research was looking for schools to attend.

I found Mike's approaches, responses in forums that I read and his willingness to help others interesting. So, I focused on his company. I missed the cutoff for the September class and didn't want to wait so I emailed him about availability and was able to get into the class (last spot). Now about the staff and class.

Mike and Nick are professional, highly skilled but also extremely genuine folks. There's no doubt they are there to give their best to all in the class and answer all questions. Also at this class were two outstanding folks from Flex who were there in support and to learn.

Bob and Chris are equally genuine and supportive. I was there to learn everything as this art is new to me but was welcomed by staff and the other great folks in attendance. A non competitive environment, everyone was willing to help, talk, share, etc. I won't go into the course outline as you can view it yourself.

I will say that I learned so much about the art, the tools, products, the folks at Autogeek, my awesome classmates and myself. If you have not attended, not only do I highly recommend it for those thinking about attending but also to those who have been in the business for sometime as technology changes.

I'd also recommend it as a life experience as the folks at Autogeek are interesting, your classmate experiences and lives will enrich you and you will grow if you allow it. Stop thinking about it, just do it.

Jeff "JP"

Quote Originally Posted by tyboyd View Post

Mike Phillips and his team were awesome this past weekend.

I walked in to the Detailer's Boot Camp with an expectation of long lecture and a little hands on but boy was I wrong.

Each one of us had plenty of hands on with a multitude of tools and cars. Getting the chance to learn how to use the different polishers before purchasing is a huge plus. Working on daily drivers as well as show cars is a huge confidence booster.

Mike Phillips is a genuine instructor. Mike, Nick, and Jesse, thanks for a tremendously valuable weekend.

Bob and Chris from Flex also attended and were hands-on right with the class and were also very resourceful. It was really good to have industry leaders sharing their knowledge with the class. Thanks for being there.

If anyone is on the fence about registering, do yourself a favor get registered.

Tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Parker View Post

This was an awesome class, and again, I learned quite a lot from when I first attended the boot camp back in 2012.

There have been many changes in tools, products, and information concerning automotive detailing since then, and I have learned so much from this class on the use of products, tools, and techniques that Mike Phillips demonstrated in his class.

Autogeek founder and CEO Bob McKee stopped by to say hello, and he and Nick gave us a tour of Autogeek's warehouse and operations. Thanks guys!

We also had the president of Flex Tools North America in attendance Mr. Bob Eichelberg and his associate Chris, who not only participated in the boot camp, but also gave us great info, tips and history on Flex Tools the 3401, and the PE-14.

They also answered any questions that the class may have had on these tools. We also had the rare opportunity to work on a 1967 Lincoln Continental with single stage paint, that turned out beautiful.

A show room finish on the custom 1956 Dodge Lancer, and the amazing correction we did on the 1965 Plymouth Belvedere II.

I was real impressed with the use of the Flex PE-14 and Blackfire compound and polish that we used on the 1939 LaSalle and after damp sanding, the finish was awesome!.

All the cars that we worked on had their own unique challenge, from daily driver to custom show car, and that's what this class is all about, to give you the opportunity to learn how to detail cars the correct way, and how to use all the current tools and products.

If you are thinking about attending one of these classes I would say do so, you will learn quite a bit, meet new people, and have fun.

Special thanks to Mike and Nick for an awesome boot camp!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy65 View Post

Wow what an information packed weekend. Learned so much about the different products and the techniques to maximize results using them. Best part about the class is it's 90% hands on. I'm confident I can now maintain the black finishes on my cars.

Mike, Nick and Jesse worked their a$ off to make the class the best it could be.

Bob and Chris of Flex North America treated us to a very nice reception Saturday night.

Talk about going above and beyond, one classmate's car had yellowed headlights so Mike had him bring it in the studio and showed us how to do headlight restoration.

Hope to make it to Detail Fest in March. Now where did I put that margarita machine...

Quote Originally Posted by axel06 View Post

wow lets do it again!!, just over the top !! mike, nick and da hole crew

AUTOGEEK BOOT CAMP R O C K S !!!!

thank you for all the tips and tricks i will never forget the great time we all shared !!!

ill be back for more thats 4 sure

Quote Originally Posted by Bettachris View Post

This was not only an amazing class but overall experience. I learned so much and met some amazing people that came from all different professions and skill levels.

Mike, Nick, and Jessie were great teachers. You can tell that they not only have a passion for detailing, but also educating others. I definitely feel that the class was worth it and I highly recommend that anyone looking to become a better detailer or even if you have an interest in learning how to work on your own car, take the class.

You spend a lot of time hands on working with the newest equipment, learning proper techniques, and learning to be more confident when it comes to detailing cars.

The class covers both interior as well as exterior detailing and is great for guys and gals that are in the industry and those hobbyist who are looking to learn more.

I had a great time and again would highly recommend it to anyone lucky enough to sign up for the next session.

Thanks again Mike & Nick!

Quote Originally Posted by OnsiteDetailing View Post

Mike,

Thanks so much for documenting the detailing we did at Boot Camp in September. This thread is like an encyclopedia of our work and I can see it being very helpful.

I keep referring to my notes on the handout you provided us and your comments in this thread refreshes my memory.

It's been less than one week and I have already started using my new knowledge and skills.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hamlin View Post

This was my second boot camp.

The first taught me enough to be able to do a great detail and speak knowledgeably about most aspects of detailing a car inside and out. But over time many questions arose and I was able to get even more out of the second because I could ask better questions.

The second one also further charged my passion for the craft and gave me even more confidence when talking with our customers about what they need done to their car.

I cannot thank Mike enough for what he has done for my career, since attending my first class I have become General Manager of our Car Wash business and our sales and customer satisfaction are growing every day. I couldn't have done it without the knowledge obtained from Mike.

Thanks again.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience after attending our class.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks awesome, wish I lived in FL! Would have loved to learn more about the FLEX 3401.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Ike21 View Post

Looks awesome, wish I lived in FL!

Would have loved to learn more about the FLEX 3401.

Hands-on training is the best way to learn a new skill and tool fast. If you read this from to cover to cover you'll flatten out the learning curve dramatically...

How to use the Flex XC 3401 VRG Dual Action Orbital Polisher

And here's the schedule for classes in 2015

Detailing Classes at Autogeek for 2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12