autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: Detailing Boot Camp Class - September 28th & 29th 2013

Hey Mike, just got a minute to sit down and reflect on the boot camp I attended. Well I would have too say it was well worth the money. We met a lot of very cool guys . I learned a lot about the product side as well as the hands on. The atmosphere and attitudes were perfect . Your teaching style is just right making it easy for all to learn from beginner to seasoned vet. just FREAKIN AWESOME man . Cant wait till detailfest see u soon thanx.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me first start off by giving a big thanks to the Autogeek crew;
    Mike, Nick, Andre and Bryan..

I just made it back up north earlier this morning from spending the weekend at Autogeek's Show Car Garage.
    I was thrilled to be able to connect with such a great group of guys and participate in Mike Phillip's Detailing Boot Camp.

Mike, I am really taking over the top with the course outline that you have prepared for the boot camp and the way you navigated the class confidently through it.
    When it comes down to finding someone to listen and learn from in this industry, your going to have to do your homework to find a reliable source.
    I am honored to conclude that I have found the MOST CREDITABLE PERSON who has years of experience and a unlimited amount of knowledge in the detailing world.
    And thats why I continue to come back and visit as much as I can to be in a passionate and positive atmosphere to further advance my set of skills.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by JRS MDS View Post
    Let me first start off by giving a big thanks to the Autogeek crew;
    Mike, Nick, Andre and Bryan..

I just made it back up north earlier this morning from spending the weekend at Autogeek's Show Car Garage.
    I was thrilled to be able to connect with such a great group of guys and participate in Mike Phillip's Detailing Boot Camp.

Mike, I am really taking over the top with the course outline that you have prepared for the boot camp and the way you navigated the class confidently through it.
    When it comes down to finding someone to listen and learn from in this industry, your going to have to do your homework to find a reliable source.
    I am honored to conclude that I have found the MOST CREDITABLE PERSON who has years of experience and a unlimited amount of knowledge in the detailing world.
    And thats why I continue to come back and visit as much as I can to be in a passionate and positive atmosphere to further advance my set of skills.

Wow Josepgh!

That's quite the compliment... thank you very much and thank you so much for attending the class!

Mike Phillips

Hey guys...

Please don't think I forgot about the pictures for this class but the owner of the Porsche is chomping at the bit to get his Porsche back and so I had to spend some time doing an extreme makeover to it today.

You can check out all the before and after pictures here,

Lady in Red - 1986 Porsche - 4-Step Process

And thanks to you guys, the top looks brand new, the seats look great and the wheels and tires are clean and ready for Tuff Shine Tire Clear Coat.

Post Thanks / Like

The Porsche looks incredible Mike! Wish I could have seen the final result in person

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I would like to thank everyone at Autogeek.net (Meghan, Nick, Andre, Bryan, and of course Mike) for the best time I have ever had in Florida (and I’m a golfer).

The Auto Detailing Boot Camp was even better than I imagined. New Products to try, new procedures to utilize and a hundred helpful tips were just part of the take away, from the weekend.

I have never been exposed to Auto Detailing before Boot Camp, except as a very uneducated consumer. I’m 58 years old and have never had a DA polisher in my hands, let alone safely utilizing this equipment on paint. Mike and his team had me polishing a 2002 Tahoe (headlights) in the first hour of the class.

Mike stated two things in his opening comments, and I will try to paraphrase;

(1) I cannot make you a detailing expert in two days, but I can give you the confidence to safely detail a car/vehicle paint.

(2) I will give you 100% effort for the next two days.

My comment, to those statements are done and done!

I would recommend this education to anyone that wants to keep their second most important investment in the best shape possible. The best way for me to describe this course is, if Autogeek.net will have me back, I would like to enroll in another Boot Camp Weekend next year! S

o, whether you are a novice like me, or have been detailing for profit, you will learn new techniques and test the latest products, during your next Auto Detailing Boot Camp experience.

Fos

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by desmondhall859 View Post

The class was great. It introduced all the fundamentals to the novice and taught new technologies and techniques that any seasoned veteran could use to improve their craft.

Mike was the best instructor/teacher I have every had, he was knowledgeable, enthusiastic, concerned, and encouraging.

Hi Desmond and thank you for the compliments. I told you when the class first started early Saturday morning that I was going to pour my heart and soul into the class and that's just what I did for your class and every class I've taught since 1988.

Hope to see you active on the forum and if you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to call.

1-800-869-3011 x206

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Mike,

Took a bit of time to get back to the computer to sign up for the forum, as we hit the ground running, after attending the Detailing Boot Camp last week. So I've decided to take the time for a few thoughts.

Firstly, I would like to extend my gratitude and thanks to you and the rest of the Autogeek crew for an informative, professional, and encompassing program.

When we set out to resurrect our detailing department,which has been in-operational since hurricane Katrina, I knew we needed something that would give us the edge over our competitors.

Simply saying that you can detail a car is just not enough. Our clientele are high-end production autos, a number of high-dollar SIV's such as Ferrari, Porsche, etc, and a very demanding customer base. We actually have Bentley's come through our tunnel! So there is no room for error.

Our customers maintain high expectations and demand explicit attention to detail. Simply put, we have to be the best! And weeks of research led us to attending your class.

With expectations as high as ours, you would have expected some sort of disappointment. Quite the contrary, our expectations were surpassed!!

You have given us the tools, knowledge, and experience to return home with a program specifically constructed towards our customer base. We have no time wasted in attempting to provide services, or products that we don't need, or our customers don't want.

Probably the most important thing covered in your class, also something i have always preached:

Know your limitations, and match them to your customers expectations.

Instead of 30 or more products in our inventory we will never use, we now have about 6!! Coupled with a standardized procedure for evaluation, communication, and work-process, we are confident that we are launching the very best detailing service department this area has to offer!!

We have minimized risk, cut our process times, and will be able to deliver a product that will simply blow our customers away!!!

Thank you Mike, for sharing your passion and experience with us. It shall be carried on by us, with every car we put our hands on...

Many Thanks, and God Bless....

Tyron Benoit
    Safari Car Wash

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Safari Car Wash View Post

Hello Mike,

Took a bit of time to get back to the computer to sign up for the forum, as we hit the ground running, after attending the Detailing Boot Camp last week. So I've decided to take the time for a few thoughts.
    Hi Tyron,

Thank you so much for registering with the forum to post your experience after attending our detailing boot camp class.

You really know how to make a entrance with your first post! I am humbled by what you wrote above and especially appreciate these comments...

Quote Originally Posted by Safari Car Wash View Post

And weeks of research led us to attending your class.

With expectations as high as ours, you would have expected some sort of disappointment. Quite the contrary, our expectations were surpassed!!

You have given us the tools, knowledge, and experience to return home with a program specifically constructed towards our customer base. We have no time wasted in attempting to provide services, or products that we don't need, or our customers don't want.

Now that's powerful and rewarding...

It was a genuine pleasure getting to work with both you and Donald and also having some time at the Meet & Greet talk detailing...

Hope to see you on the forum once in a while and if there's anything I can ever do for you please don't hesitate to call or e-mail...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234