autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, Nick...

I had a really great time at the boot camp -May 4&5. I'm really glad I was able to come all that way to be with you guys. This boot camp came at a time when I really needed some hands-on in auto detailing and some good training.
    I'm still amazed at how those vehicle turned out after we worked on them.
    The time spent was worth it.

Dane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AG Online

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: Detailing Boot Camp Class - May 4th & 5th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by topia View Post
    Mike, Nick...

I had a really great time at the boot camp -May 4&5. I'm really glad I was able to come all that way to be with you guys. This boot camp came at a time when I really needed some hands-on in auto detailing and some good training.
    I'm still amazed at how those vehicle turned out after we worked on them.
    The time spent was worth it.

Dane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AG Online

Dane!

My new friend and detailer buddy from Jamaica!

Thank you so much for joining the forum and sharing your experience! It was a pleasure having you at our class and I wish you the best of luck with your new detailing business. I also hope to see you on the forum sharing your work...

Dane and me...

Post Thanks / Like

I know you guys are busy over there at autogeek, but was just wondering if either mike or nick knew when the rest of the pictures of the detailing boot camp would be posted? I've been looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks

Mike @ Spotless Detail

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Spotless914 View Post
    I know you guys are busy over there at autogeek, but was just wondering if either mike or nick knew when the rest of the pictures of the detailing boot camp would be posted? I've been looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks

Mike @ Spotless Detail

Hi Mike,

Ever since your class ended I've been busy doing segments for Ship Shape plus other video work or project that are time-sensitive for other projects, for example Marine31Online.com.

There are over 700 pictures taken from both Saturday and Sunday and anyone that's been reading my class "write-ups" over the last 10 years knows I'm very good at going through the pictures and actually getting them inserted, not just "attached" into a linear thread.

That said, I have not had time to go through each picture and do even simple tasks like pick out the pictures that are in-focus, which is the first thing that needs to be done.

I'm hoping to have time next week. Can't do it today as we're working on a behind the scenes hot project and can't get to it tomorrow as I'll be setting up the studio for a Saturday project.

I will get the pictures up... you can bank on that...

Thank you for our patience and keep in mind this is the peak of the car detailing season, so everyone here at Autogeek is always busy...

Post Thanks / Like

Mojito called wondering where you were and are you coming home soon.LOL.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Mike Phillips

Pictures!

So here's what the outside of the classroom looked like first thing in the morning. All the cars we're going to work on are lined up outside...

Meanwhile there's a full class inside!

Accurate slide in my Power Point Presentation...

I think I'm talking about doing a "Brain Dump" right here...

First thing we're going to wash the Cadillac and get it ready for the Meguiar's Microfiber DA Correction System...

Here's we're using Tornador Foam Guns to spray Detailers Wheel and Tire Cleaner...

Machine Scrubbing...

Wheel Woolies...

Mother's Fenderwell Brushes...

Iron X....

Rinsing - Note we did Wheels and Tires FIRST...

Now we move up and start at the roof and work our way down...

More to come... a LOT more!

Mike Phillips

At our Detailing Boot Camp Classes everyone has time for using all the various products and tools... like foam guns and the Tornador Air Foam Gun....

Boar's Hair Brushes...

Iron X Snow Soap in a Tornador Air Foam Gun...

This Cadillac has been washed twice, the wheels and tires have been washed twice and now it's time to DECONTAMINATE it before the final rinse.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike, Nick and fellow from the bootcamp.

First of all, sorry for the delay on this feedback on the bootcamp, but I have just get back to Argentina from United States and honestly, every day I wanted to write to you but have not had time with my three nephews.

The truth is that this course has exceeded my expectations in every way. Watching Mike live, after watching his Autogeek Show Car Garage on the Internet, It is unbelievable being together learning your techniques. Being you so recognized in the world of Car Detailing, it was unreachable to be there absorbing all the knowledge we impartiste through your experience of years of implementation on the detailing.

In addition to this, I want to let you know, everyone and especially Mike, who is an excellent person and, as I told him after finishing the bootcamp, when I've been for a ride in two of the cars that we detailed (the Brown car and the police car), Mike is an example of life.

One realizes when people are good by nature and this is Mike. As well as Nick, that turned out to be an excellent person and a very good coach.

And to be honest all my classmates have been excellent people. Some I met more than others but all turned out to be very good and has been an honor to have known and share this unique experience in life.

The course seemed a Conference around the world because had attendees from all over the world: United States, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Brazil, Argentina and I don’t know if I forget some.

Finally, I want to recommend to all fans of the car detailing, and those who make the detailing a business, undertaking this course, because it is a before and an after of course, in terms of knowledge, techniques and tools that can be used. All of this coupled with the experience and knowledge of Mike Phillips. As well as of his assistant Nick.

The dinner at the Marriot Hotel on Saturday turned out to be very good and fun. And to me it seemed that knew them from years ago when actually had known a few hours ago.

Thank you Mike for that gift that you gave me before I left. I'm going to put it on the walls of my study of car detailing. Thanks to all your knowledge I could learn everything you need to start my business of car detailing in Argentina. Hugs and greetings to all.
    I hope we see again soon.

And I repeat, has been an HONOR to be with you, NICK and all my colleagues.
    With the $200 discount I got, I was able to purchase several things at Autogeek to start my car detailing business.

I am very happy and satisfied having completed this course.

Diego
    From Argentina

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Suez View Post

I am very happy and satisfied having completed this course.

Diego
    From Argentina

Deigo...

It was a sincere pleasure having you travel all the way from Buenos Aires, Argentina to attend my class.

If there is ever anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to ask...

Diego and me - Detailing Boot Camp May 5th & 6th, 2013

You can find all your classmates here,

Student Pictures from May 2013 Detailing Boot Camp Class

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If you ever come to Argentina, by yourself or with wife, please don't hesitate to let me know. It would be my pleasure to show you around, take you out to great Argetinian restaurant and help you with whatever I can.

We 'll keep in touch.

Diego

And don't forget it MIKE

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast