autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: Detailing Boot Camp Class - May 4th & 5th, 2013

The cars look very nice ! I also like the Fury.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

It was a great pleasure working with the team, Mike and Nick this weekend. Thank you all for a great weekend.

It was awesome not only learning from our instructor Mike, but from everyone in the class as well. Indeed not to mention, all the different tools along with new products we got to experience with was great.

Now I know more about what really works when making future orders.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures: Detailing Boot Camp Class - May 4th & 5th, 2013-photo-class-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Mike is the real deal! A genuine car-guy that cares about people and is ready to share his years of experience and passion for the art of detailing and paint correction.

The class was the best money I've spent in a long time. We not only learned a lot of paint correction techniques, but we were able to play with all of the different tools and machines.

Whether you're an experienced detailer, or a hobbyist wanting to learn some new skills, the class is well worth it. There's another one at the end of September, so sign up!

One thing to mention, I was a little worried we'd be bombarded with "available at Autogeek" at every turn with the hard sell. Neither Mike nor Nick did that, but were quick to answer product questions. I'm placing a big order (thanks in part to my $200 credit with the class), and glad to know what I need.

Thanks Mike and Nick!
    Kevin Davis - Detailer's Helper
    Detailing Tool Belts Detailer's Helper
    Facebook: Detailer's Helper

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by davisautodetail View Post
    Mike is the real deal! A genuine car-guy that cares about people and is ready to share his years of experience and passion for the art of detailing and paint correction.

The class was the best money I've spent in a long time. We not only learned a lot of paint correction techniques, but we were able to play with all of the different tools and machines.

Whether you're an experienced detailer, or a hobbyist wanting to learn some new skills, the class is well worth it. There's another one at the end of September, so sign up!

One thing to mention, I was a little worried we'd be bombarded with "available at Autogeek" at every turn with the hard sell. Neither Mike nor Nick did that, but were quick to answer product questions. I'm placing a big order (thanks in part to my $200 credit with the class), and glad to know what I need.

Thanks Mike and Nick!
    Yes, Mike is the real deal. Having been to three weekends of training, I can heartily agree that he is a great instructor. Anyone who has the opportunity to go to his classes should do whatever it takes to get there. It is well worth the price. As far as the AutoGeek hard sell, not necessary. AutoGeek sells itself. There is no detail company with better product selection, prices and the customer service is above everyone else. I keep hoping to get back to another class as they are always fun, hard work and informative. I am privileged to call Mike and Nick friends. In this business, there are no better. Just IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert8194 View Post
    Yes, Mike is the real deal. Having been to three weekends of training, I can heartily agree that he is a great instructor. Anyone who has the opportunity to go to his classes should do whatever it takes to get there. It is well worth the price. As far as the AutoGeek hard sell, not necessary. AutoGeek sells itself. There is no detail company with better product selection, prices and the customer service is above everyone else. I keep hoping to get back to another class as they are always fun, hard work and informative. I am privileged to call Mike and Nick friends. In this business, there are no better. Just IMHO.
    Absolutely right. Just so I'm clear, I wasn't implying that they DID hard sale, like you said, not necessary. I just wanted to point out that it wasn't an issue in case others might have the same concern.
    Kevin Davis - Detailer's Helper
    Detailing Tool Belts Detailer's Helper
    Facebook: Detailer's Helper

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by davisautodetail View Post
    Absolutely right. Just so I'm clear, I wasn't implying that they DID hard sale, like you said, not necessary. I just wanted to point out that it wasn't an issue in case others might have the same concern.
    I thought you were perfectly clear that you thought you might get a hard sell forAG products and you did not. I think everyone who goes to the classes knows on the front end they will be using products and equipment AG sells. My point was there is no need to try to sell AG because they are so far above the competition, it is a no brainier. Yes, there are good products AG does not sell (like Brown Royal) but overall, you don't need to go outside AG for your detailing needs. I'm glad you had the opportunity to go to the class. It is truly a great experience. I'm not sure everyone understands exactly who Mike is. He is well known and well respected in the area of detailing and especially training.

I detailed a 2013 Mercedes for a German guy who just moved to Alabama to work for Mercedes. He is a "car guy" and was familiar with Mike from his days at Meguire's. He was pretty impressed when I told him everything I know about detailing I learned from Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

As always, GREAT work from everyone!

I love the 'class picture'. Looks as there are a lot of happy campers.

Not too sure of the gentleman reclining though...LOL.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG THAT GRAND NATIONAL !!!!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Pictures: Detailing Boot Camp Class - May 4th & 5th, 2013

Good day everyone,

Mel here - What's up!!

I would like to thank Mike, Nick, Autogeek.net and my classmates for an amazing weekend at the Boot Camp Class. I watched every youtube clip and read so much on the forums before the class, Mike makes it look so easy.

I learned so much hands on training that my confidence has boosted and I can work on any vehicle and it really is easy.

The training was great in so many ways: the information was current, the cars we worked on were awesome and the products we used were phenomenal and the people I met were so positive and very friendly.

As a woman, it was so nice to work with such a group of professionals who accepted me into the detailing industry with such supportive enthusiasm.

Mike is such a knowledgeable man and such a continuous learner. That he writes articles to share the information with us in his forum. It is always nice to go to a professionals as a reference.

I am confident that the information I learned and the book Mike has will make my detailing business easy and most importantly fun. I recommend this training for all types of car enthusiast young and old and mostly the ladies.

Thank you for listening and have a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^^ Totally agree .. !

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast