autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures and Comments - January 26th & 27th 2013 Detailing Boot Camp Class

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I just opened my memory card to start going through the pictures and there are 1,392 pictures!

Here's a screenshot!

Mama Mia!

Good Italian word

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I just opened my memory card to start going through the pictures and there are 1,392 pictures!

Mama Mia!
    Uh OH, sounds like my job title has been Re-Filled.
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hermey View Post
    Just one more thing i would like to add about the Autogeek crew. I called and left a message to order supplies and within minutes I got a call back from Nick. I had a list of things that i wanted purchased and I started out with the order and most companies would just let you order and try to upsell and give you a total. But Nick actually went through each item I ordered one by one and explained a bit about it. Nick actually saved me some money and gave me knowledge on the items ive purchased.
    Indeed, Nick rocks... I mean the entire staff rocks, but Nick has kinda been my personal forum concierge, which has made a huge difference in my supply orders, my questions and my overall confidence with my ability to perform these tasks in the first place. Credit where it's due, for sure!
    I see swirls everywhere!!!

Mike Phillips

Detailing Bootcamp Class of January 2013

These first two shots are group shots with the two cool cars we buffed out including the 1964 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery we de-swirled and the 1963 Impala we machine wetsanded.

Next up are the people that attended this class...

From left to right

Back Row
    Damon, Joe, Chris, Pablo, me, Willis, Chris, Dustin, David, Jeff, Maurris, Henry...

Front Row
    Scott, Jeremy, Jeff, Sam, Alan, Sergio...

Not pictured above, (must have left before we did the group shot)
    Armando, Mike & Howard
    (Sorry guys)

Jeff...

Mike...

Maurris...

Joe...

Damon...

David...

David and his son Sam...

Henry...

Scott...

Chris...

Willis...

Sergio...

Dustin...

Chris...

Alan...

Howard...

Jeremy...

Pablo...

Jeff...

Armando...

Next up... action shots...

Mike Phillips

Before I get to the action shots, since Armando, Mike and Howard didn't get into the group shot taken at the end of Sunday, here's the group shot we took on Saturday after we finished de-swirling the 1964 Chevy Sedan Delivery.

From left to right back row...

Maurris, Alan, Willis, Jeff, Chris, Chris, Scott, me, Dustin, David, Joe, Damon and Howard tucked away in the very back...

From left to right front row...

Henry, Sergio, Mike, Sam, Pablo, Jeremy, Jeff, Nick and Armando

And here's a few shots of the Delivery Wagon after we finished it and then moved it outside for the group shot. I used this streetrod to let everyone learn how to use the Flex 3401 with both 5" and 6.5" Hybrid Pads, Pinnacle Polishes and Detailer's Poli-Coat for our LSP.

In the garage...

Outside in sunny Stuart, Florida!

Nice work guys...

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures Mike. Beautiful cars. When is the next boot camp Mike? Depending when, I would love to participate. Any knowledge is always welcome and coming from you, ( Detail dictionary )= Mike. I am all in. Date and how much? A least this way, I can let my customers know in advance, that i wont be working on those dates. Thank you
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Great pictures Mike. Beautiful cars. When is the next boot camp Mike? Depending when, I would love to participate. Any knowledge is always welcome and coming from you, ( Detail dictionary )= Mike. I am all in. Date and how much? A least this way, I can let my customers know in advance, that i wont be working on those dates. Thank you

The next class will be held May 4th & 5th. Call 1-800-869-3011 to reserve your space for the May Class. The next class after the May class will be September 28th & 29th.

Yearly Detailing Class Schedule at Autogeek

Last weekend of January
    First weekend of May
    Last weekend of September

Plan accordingly, clear your schedule and reserve your space and I promise you'll learn a lot, have a lot of fun and make lifetime friends...

The price is $750.00 for the two day class. This also includes $200 Autogeek.net gift certificate. So that breaks down to $275.00 per day for the weekend class.

Just to note, at the top of every forum page there's a graphic that looks like this,

If you >>>CLICK<<< on it you will be taken to the store page to register for the class online just like adding a can of wax to your shopping car. You can also sign up by calling Autogeek.

Currently we only offer these classes three times a year.

• End of January
    • Beginning of May
    • End of September

We keep the dates consistent to align with other activities at Autogeek plus normal schedules in life, for example lots of people take their vacations in July and August so July and August are not good months to schedule weekend classes.

Hope that helps... and something that's really cool is because Autogeek is the largest online supplier to the car detailing world so you always get a chance to work with cool new tools and technology.

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Got all the info now. Thank you so much Mike. Now I just got to choose between May or September. Gotta start saving up for that class now. With 2 kids, not easy
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Mike Phillips

Originally I was going to start with the most advanced project of machine wetsanding the 1963 Impala because it would be the most time-consuming. Then after some thought I figured it would be better to break everyone in getting comfortable working on streetrods just doing machine polishing on the 1964 Chevy Sedan Delivery.

So we started with the Chevy SD and after some time going through my Power Point Presentation it was time to get busy.

If you look at Sergio's hand it's in a sandwich baggie as he performs the baggie test to feel the contaminants on the paint...

Next we moved the Chevy Sedan Delivery outside to give it a thorough or "Aggressive Wash" as I describe in my how-to book. (Aggressive but careful).

I teach washing wheels and tires first, then start at the top and work down. I also explain why in my how-to book. In these first two shots were just getting all the cool tools outside into position for use.

Here' we're using the Tornador Air Foam with Detailer's Wheel Clean to clean both the wheels and tires.

Leading by example, scrubbing white letters and sidewalls clean. I think it's important to walk the walk and not just talk the talk so every procedure is demonstrated first even simple step as we have seasoned professionals as well as people brand new to detailing cars including washing a car correctly.

Now I'm using a Tornador Air Foam to cover the chrome wheels with Iron X Snow Soap to remove any bonded metal particles off the rims...

Now everyone else joins in the fun....

Here's Chris spraying Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner onto the rim to also remove any iron particles. Just to note, I often have to re-polish my leg after detailing cars on my own time and after these classes because so many different airborne chemicals land on the polished aluminum and stain it.

There wasn't a lot of iron on these chrome wheels and they looked new but you can see some red color bleeding down the center, bottom of the wheel.

More to come...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing the Boot Camp pictures. It looks like it was a great time. Keep the pictures coming...

First time I have seen the Tornador Air Foamer put to work. It looks like it foams really well.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast