autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures from Autogeek's Roadshow Class in Dallas, Texas - November 14th, 2009

Pictures from Autogeek's Roadshow Class in Dallas, Texas - November 14th, 2009

As of the time of this post there are 30 people confirmed and 10 on the waiting list.

1-Mark Kleis
    2-Chris - PorscheGuy997
    3-Ryan - rsmithuf
    4-Derrick - RayC777
    5-Mike- mcox
    6-Christian - cjsls
    7-hotrod66paul
    8-Eduardo - HouDetails
    9-Jonathan - sudsbyhubbs
    10-John - john m.
    11-rustybumper
    12-Al - al1515
    13-Bernie - Dope92CC
    14-Rich - dfw
    15-Eddie - Dotkong
    16-Tim - olbear1962
    17-proreflection -axel_ny
    18-Mike - WrightDetail
    19-Jennifer - jan_stang
    20-Sam, -Evolve-
    21-I'm in Bill - BillGastonJr
    22-Matthew - waxmatt
    23-Vicki - yellowcarsrock
    24- ron - ronniejay
    25-James-TXShine
    26-Bob - Kemist
    27-Randy Love-RLove
    28-Scott Scottwax
    29-Joe - Hooligan
    30-Rachel - Mintri

Standby List
    1.Doug austinls
    2.Mark-Mark Preus
    3.Tim McCann-maxepr1
    4.Chris-ceyko
    5.Andy - StadiumDetail
    6.Ron - MrSmoothTouch
    7.Chris - Counselor
    8.Robert - Whowhat
    9.Todd - st-dubtx
    10.Sonny - Gooch1977

This is a Tag Team class with myself and Nick Chapman as the instructors for Saturday's class and Team Leaders for the Extreme Makeover on Sunday.

Extreme Makeover - All Original 1954 Mercedes-Benz - Remove Swirls and Scratches

Right: 1954 Mercedes-Benz Left: 1959 Mercedes-Benz

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures from Autogeek's Roadshow Class in Dallas, Texas - November 14th, 2009

Here are some photos from the Extreme Makeover at Nick's shop...

In the "Announcement Thread" for this class here,

Detail Day at Nick's Custom Detailing - Dallas, Texas - November 14th

I described Nick a machine, once this guy gets to working you can't stop him.

Here's some pictures to prove the point...

Here are some finished results, at this time there's no wax or paint sealant on the paint...

How do like the Grit Guard Universal Pad Wash?

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures from Autogeek's Roadshow Class in Dallas, Texas - November 14th, 2009

While Nick was working on the front clip with the Flex 3403 Lightweight Rotary Buffer, I knocked out the roof, deck-lid and the driver's side doors...

Something I noticed was as long as I held the pad flat the new Griot's Garage Random Orbital Polisher worked just like a safe version of a rotary buffer. I couldn't stop it from rotating the pad and it was removing swirls and scratches like nobody's business and unlike a rotary buffer it was so easy to use. While Nick was down below on the 3403's low setting, I ran the ROP on the 6.0 setting.

Swirled-out 1954 Mercedes-Benz

Cropped out of the above original

WG TSR with a Green Kompressor Cutting Foam Pad on the GG ROP Speed Setting 6.0

After

Same section only zoomed in on the Van in the reflection.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got some pictures together. This isn't all of them, I'll add more as free time comes along. But here is some to tide you over.

Here's a good shot of some of the group and the inside of the shop. Lots and lots of cars!! And yes, they all need to be detailed! I love free labor...hint hint

Most of the group..

Mike explaining how to get that aggravating plastic wrapper off the clay while Gooch plans a "snatch and grab".....WAKE UP PAUL!!!!

Using the clay...DA BEARS!

Onto the buffing...

Mike explaining products and tools......Gooch making his escape with the clay

WOWO? What? No hazing???

This is probably the most love this rental car has ever seen!

By hand....BOO!!!

Maarten! Turn around and pay attention!!!

Ummmm

There's Mike stealing my rotary

On a side note, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Max for letting Mike come out to Texas and help me with this class. Without Mike I don't know how successful this class would have been. Mike's vast knowledge and friendly personality make him one of the best teachers in the industry! So thanks Max!

I have many many more reviews coming in the next few weeks of some popular products and some new products. One of which will be the new Lake Country pad washer...well not too new but new to me. I plan to put it up against my trusty old(very old!) System 2000 Pad Washer

More to come later....

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Nick thank you for taking the time to hold this get together and for posting the photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Nick thank you for taking the time to hold this get together and for posting the photos.

No need for thanks, I really enjoyed the day, had lots of fun! I learned a lot from this event, as it was my first. There are some things I'd do different, but not much. I may do this again here soon. Maybe over the winter or the first part of the spring. With this learning experience behind me, the next event will be much better and more organized.

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

OMG, that Mercedes is to die for--looks like a 300C--yeah a "real" classic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by img View Post
    OMG, that Mercedes is to die for--looks like a 300C--yeah a "real" classic

Yes sir, a 1954 300C.
    I should have a lot more pictures of it up within the next few days. Been extremely busy the past couple of weeks and barely had time to eat, much less process pictures

I'll get them up as soon as I get a chance.

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures guys! I cant say thanks enough for letting me hang around you guys! I really did learn tons! Mike sure is a quite guy though, didnt really have to much to say sometimes jk

Thanks again guys! And Nick you can go ahead and put my name down immediatly if you do this again! Im down for wheneve

Post Thanks / Like

^+1! I'm up for coming again, too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast