autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Video: Glass Polishing by 9:30am - No sitting - Hands-On Detailing Classes

Video: Glass Polishing by 9:30am - No sitting - Hands-On Detailing Classes

>click< the picture to launch the video

Before you plunk down your hard earned money for any other detailing class.... try to find pictures or videos showing exactly what you're going to get to do.

Good luck.

2. Likes axel06 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Video: Glass Polishing by 9:30am - No sitting - Hands-On Detailing Classes

Comments?

Questions?

Feedback?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike
    I'm with you on washing the car after you polish the windshield. what about sealing the windshield ? is it best to do after the car is completely done ? that's what I'm thinking but thought I'd ask. I'm liking the video's, great hands on visuals. looking forward to more.
    thanks, Carlo

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by hmardown View Post

Mike

I'm with you on washing the car after you polish the windshield. what about sealing the windshield ? is it best to do after the car is completely done ? that's what I'm thinking but thought I'd ask.

I'm liking the video's, great hands on visuals. looking forward to more.

thanks, Carlo

Hi Carlo,

Yes - wait to seal the windshield during the detailing process. Kind of doesn't matter when you do it. If you're using a spray of some form like I use, then there would be a benefit to applying the spray before doing any paint correction work as then you wouldn't get overspray on polished and seal paint. I spray onto the glass and then spread with a thin Griot's towel at the end of the detail as I tend to get some form of splatter on the glass and have to re-wipe after the correction steps.

Good question.

Also - I have purchased an DJI Osmos Mobile 2 Gimbal to smooth out my videos. I get a lot of flak about how shaky they look due to my artificial leg, (I don't walk perfect). I have to get some counterweights for it before I can use it and then learn how to use it.

You'll see a lot more video work out of me this year, taking on the job of learning how to do my own videos.

6. Likes Breese147 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

great, thanks for the come back.
    Carlo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Hi Carlo,

Yes - wait to seal the windshield during the detailing process. Kind of doesn't matter when you do it. If you're using a spray of some form like I use, then there would be a benefit to applying the spray before doing any paint correction work as then you wouldn't get overspray on polished and seal paint. I spray onto the glass and then spread with a thin Griot's towel at the end of the detail as I tend to get some form of splatter on the glass and have to re-wipe after the correction steps.

Good question.

Also - I have purchased an DJI Osmos Mobile 2 Gimbal to smooth out my videos. I get a lot of flak about how shaky they look due to my artificial leg, (I don't walk perfect). I have to get some counterweights for it before I can use it and then learn how to use it.

You'll see a lot more video work out of me this year, taking on the job of learning how to do my own videos.

Will be checking in for your thoughts on that equipment. I’ve been wanting to get into video editing and car shooting and that product keeps coming up but all the reviews on YouTube seem slightly biased. Interested to hear how it performs from someone that I trust!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app