autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

The Class of May 2018 - Autogeek's 3-Day Detailing Classes!

The Class of May 2018 - Autogeek's 3-Day Detailing Classes!

Here's the graduating class for May, 2018. 19 people spent 3 very solid days in hands-on training working over a total of 15 cars.

From left to right

Back row
    Daniel, Trusten, David, Ivan, Ray, Jamie, (me) Dimi, Zach, Daniel, Rich, John, liz, Jim, Bill

Front row
    Aimee, Cody, Jose, Rithson, Luis

Congratulations to everyone that attended the May 2018 class!

2. Likes Guyb, mcmorris4 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: The Class of May 2018 - Autogeek's 3-Day Detailing Classes!

Continued....

This is Rithson from the St. Lucie area,

Rithson is just starting his detailing business and his goal after attending this class is to start offering paint correction as well as to increase his prices.

Rithson - if you click on your picture it will pull up a full resolution size image that you can have printed out at places like Walgreens suitable for framing.

4. Likes mcmorris4 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Continued....

This is Jim. Jim traveled from Elgin, South Carolina, which is about 600 miles from Stuart, Florida one way.

Jim,

If you click on your picture it will pull up a full resolution size image that you can have printed out at places like Walgreens suitable for framing.

Thank you for your trust and being a part of this class.

6. Likes mcmorris4 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Continued....

This is Liz, she works here at Autogeek in Customer Support.

In every class I have at least on person that I call the,

Go-Getter

That is, anytime we move on to a new tool, new product or new topic, the go-getters are anxious to get going with it.... that describes Liz. We had two go-getters in this class, I'll introduce the next go-getter in the next post.

And Liz, you can click on your picture to pull up the full size resolution for printing out if you like.

8. Likes mcmorris4 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Continued...

Here's our other go-getter, it's Aimee, who also work here at Autogeek in Customer Care.

Aimee it was a pleasure having you in the class and you and Liz were truly the Dynamic-Duo!

If you click on your picture it will pull up a full size resolution image that you can have printed out at places like Walgreens suitable for framing.

10. Thanks mcmorris4 thanked for this post
    Likes mcmorris4 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Continued....

This is Rich. Rich is local to Stuart, Florida.

Here's what Rich has to say about this class...

Quote Originally Posted by PSL Rich View Post
    My feedback on Mike Phillip’s May 2018 Competition Ready Detailing Class

This class was three days of intense, fast moving, ninety-five percent hands on training.

My primary reason and main interest was to advance my paint correction skills to a new level and to gain a deeper understanding of all types of automotive finishes. Mike’s level of knowledge and expertise is exceeded only by his enthusiasm for sharing all of this with his students.

One of the things I liked most was the great variety of “interesting” cars that Mike is able to provide for his classes. I was able to work on not just modern factory clear coat (two stage) paint while learning some new techniques, but was also able to work on classic original single stage paints as well as high end show car quality (custom) paint. Being able to actually see and experience the differences while performing the necessary compounding and/or polishing steps on all of these cars goes way beyond any internet video’s ability to teach. Personal, one on one real time feedback from Mike and Andre allows you to be certain you’ve acquired the correct technique to master your new skills.

The “icing on the cake” was the phenomenal selection of top notch equipment and products we were encouraged to experience first hand. Everyone came away with their new favorites for a variety of reasons. This class will definitely enable you to appreciate the different pros and cons and make a much more informed “personal” decision before making final purchasing decisions.

Last, but not least, all the participants in the class were eager to learn, conscientious, and supportive of each other. You couldn’t ask for a better group of car enthusiasts to share the experience with.

From my personal experience, if you’ve been detailing cars for a while and are ready to up the level of your skills and services, this is without a doubt, the best step you could take and one I would give my highest recommendation.

Thanks Mike for a truly great and totally enjoyable learning experience!

Thank you Rich for attending this class, I appreciate you passion for learning!

Mike Phillips

Continued...

Here's Dimi, short for Dimitrius. He's originally from Bulgeria but came from Cote-Saint-Luc, Canada to attend this class. Cote-Saint-Luc is 1,5000 miles from Stuart, Florida ONE WAY.

Here's what Dimi has to say about our class...

Quote Originally Posted by Di Oro View Post

Many thanks to Mike Phillips, Andre Hile and Autogeek team for the dedicated 3 days detailing training.

Until this training i haven't touched even the simplest tool concerning detailing. I wanted but i was afraid.

For those three days Mike shared with us his knowledge and his expertise and how to use easily variety of tools from different brands. The point was that everybody was able to choose the brand and the model that fit his own preference and style.

He taught us the right way from A to Z ho to accomplish a show car finish.

Not lastly i would like to say thank you to each and everyone from our class and wish them all the best in their endeavors.

Now i can say that i am confident and ready to jump into detailing world.

Thank you Mike!!!

Dimi

Thank you Dimitrius for attending our 3-day class, it was a geninue pleasure working with you as we covered so many tools, pads, products and techniques to work on 15 cars in 3 days!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

(One of these days...)

Congrats to all!

Mike Phillips

Continued...

This is Bill, he's from South Dennis, Massachusetts, that's approximately 1,500 miles one way. Bill owns a number of high-end streetrods and he came to this class to learn how to create a true show car finish on all his project cars. Like a lot of the people that attend our 3-day class here in Stuart, Florida, Bill is not a "detailer" and is not starting a detailing business. He has a passion for cars and enjoys doing all his own work.

Dennis, MA to Stuart, Florida

Thank you Dennis for making the trip to Autogeek in Stuart, Florida to take our 3-day class. When you get a chance, please send me some pictures of your cars and I'll share them in this thread.

And - If you click on your picture it will pull up a full size resolution image that you can have printed out at places like Walgreens suitable for framing.

Mike Phillips

Continued....

This is John, he came to Stuart, Florida all the way from Auburn, Nebraska to take our 3-day class!

Auburn, Nebraska is about 1,500 miles ONE WAY to Stuart, Florida. Thank you John for your trust!

And - If you click on your picture it will pull up a full size resolution image that you can have printed out at places like Walgreens suitable for framing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast