autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures & Comments May 2018 3-Day Detailing Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

Pictures & Comments May 2018 3-Day Detailing Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

It's 8:06pm, I think this is the latest I've ever left in 9+ year for a 3-day class. No problems, just covered so many topics today and we detailed 6 cars from start to finish.

Will post some pics and videos later, just needed to start this thread for the future.

2. Likes FrankS, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures & Comments May 2018 3-Day Detailing Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

Wow!

The class detailed SIX cars today!!!!

Here’s some pics off my phone in the order we detailed them, 2 at a time.

8mm Short Stroke free spinning polishers. We used Pinnacle Compound & Polish plus Pinnacle Wax.

Note - the tires are coated with Tuff Shine Tire Coating.

Cyclo 15mm free spinning polishers and Makita PO5000C gear- driven orbital polishers with Pinnacle compound and polish.

Ceramic coating = BLACKFIRE Pro Coating

RUPES complete paint polishing system including RUPES P808 Protective Sealant.

6 more cars tomorrow!

These classes set the standard for the definition of,

Hands-on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes FrankS, showbbq, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures & Comments May 2018 3-Day Detailing Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

Here’s what’s up for tomorrow - the black 1949 Chevy Fleetline looks good huh?

In the sun the paint is completely filled with holograms.

The Chevelle paint feels like sandpaper.

Here’s overhead fluorescent lights.

Here’s overhead sunlight

6. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes FrankS, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Check this out...

Mike Phillips - Holograms!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My best friend had a 1952 Fleetline Coupe that looked alot like that 1 back when we were 16yrs. old. Great memories cruising in that car. Can’t wait to see how it looks after you guys are done with it. Have fun!

Mike Phillips

Just did the test spot on the Fleetline, paint is basecoat/clearcoat and very soft.

10. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

12. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am digging that Chevelle, beautiful color!

Mike Phillips

Just wrapped up day 2

We did full details to 6 more cars. That makes a total of 12 cars in 2 days.

Tomorrow morning, we start in on wetsanding.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

I just wanted to thank you for all the years of knowledge you have shared with our class in the last 2 days. I have been working on a couple car projects for the last few years and have always had a toy or two. I like doing my own work but could only keep my vehicles clean and maintained and had to pay more than i wanted for inferior detailing services. The cars always looked fine but to the trained eye not so good.

Watching your videos gave me general ideas on things i needed to change in how I washed and cared for my cars. I've been wanting to take it to the next level but I didn't feel comfortable experimenting with a buffer or any power tools without hands on training. Unfortunately life gets in the way and i kept on putting the class off. Finally, I pulled the trigger and booked it and boy am I glad I did. After 2 days and still a third ahead of me i can say i feel the confidence to step up my game.

I will study the tools and different products tonight to make the right purchases. We have gone over so much I need to let it kinda soak in. I'm glad we have been able to try so many different tools and products. I have already narrowed it down to a couple different polishers and products that I will purchase but want to find the right system for me. Your facility and crew are top notch and your teaching skills are second to none. The cars we have been able to work on are great and the final results have been amazing. Again thanks for all your help and patience.

Bill Whalen

16. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Diner, FrankS, Aaryn NZ liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast