autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments May 2018 3-Day Detailing Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Whalen View Post

Mike,

I just wanted to thank you for all the years of knowledge you have shared with our class in the last 2 days. I have been working on a couple car projects for the last few years and have always had a toy or two. I like doing my own work but could only keep my vehicles clean and maintained and had to pay more than i wanted for inferior detailing services. The cars always looked fine but to the trained eye not so good.

Watching your videos gave me general ideas on things i needed to change in how I washed and cared for my cars. I've been wanting to take it to the next level but I didn't feel comfortable experimenting with a buffer or any power tools without hands on training. Unfortunately life gets in the way and i kept on putting the class off. Finally, I pulled the trigger and booked it and boy am I glad I did. After 2 days and still a third ahead of me i can say i feel the confidence to step up my game.

I will study the tools and different products tonight to make the right purchases. We have gone over so much I need to let it kinda soak in. I'm glad we have been able to try so many different tools and products. I have already narrowed it down to a couple different polishers and products that I will purchase but want to find the right system for me. Your facility and crew are top notch and your teaching skills are second to none. The cars we have been able to work on are great and the final results have been amazing. Again thanks for all your help and patience.

Bill Whalen
    Bill,

I agree and well said!!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures & Comments May 2018 3-Day Detailing Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

12 cars in 2 days

I’ll let the pictures do the talking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Whalen View Post
    Mike,

I just wanted to thank you for all the years of knowledge you have shared with our class in the last 2 days. I have been working on a couple car projects for the last few years and have always had a toy or two. I like doing my own work but could only keep my vehicles clean and maintained and had to pay more than i wanted for inferior detailing services. The cars always looked fine but to the trained eye not so good.

Watching your videos gave me general ideas on things i needed to change in how I washed and cared for my cars. I've been wanting to take it to the next level but I didn't feel comfortable experimenting with a buffer or any power tools without hands on training. Unfortunately life gets in the way and i kept on putting the class off. Finally, I pulled the trigger and booked it and boy am I glad I did. After 2 days and still a third ahead of me i can say i feel the confidence to step up my game.

I will study the tools and different products tonight to make the right purchases. We have gone over so much I need to let it kinda soak in. I'm glad we have been able to try so many different tools and products. I have already narrowed it down to a couple different polishers and products that I will purchase but want to find the right system for me. Your facility and crew are top notch and your teaching skills are second to none. The cars we have been able to work on are great and the final results have been amazing. Again thanks for all your help and patience.

Bill Whalen

Wow!

Thank you Bill. I appreciate so much, you're taking the time to join the forum and share your experience from the first two days of class.

I'm prepping the classroom for wetsanding right now, coffee is on, donuts are fresh, see you in a few.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in my hotel room, chilling out and contemplating the tremendous amount of information I was able to acquire in the May 2018 Detailing Class.

I feel re-energized with an improved skill set, higher level of knowledge with regard to chemicals, tools and techniques and I really can’t wait to get started on some customer cars.

I also feel validated with the skills I had prior to participating in the class. It was an honor and a privilege to receive instruction and information from Mr. Phillips. He is a natural teacher and the passion for detailing and paint correction simply pours out of him.

Thank you AutoGeek and Mike Phillips for all you have provided me in furtherance of enhancing my Detailing skill set and running a successful business.

6. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, Aaryn NZ, Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jram59 View Post

Thank you AutoGeek and Mike Phillips for all you have provided me in furtherance of enhancing my Detailing skill set and running a successful business.
    And thank you for your trust in the Autogeek name and in my name.

I share why I love showing the craft of car detailing and the art of polishing paint in an interview I did with Dennis Gage, just Google

Dennis Gage Mike Phillips interview

And you can watch that TV segment on YouTube.

Thank you for joining the forum and sharing your experience - you know I truly appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome looking results.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My feedback on Mike Phillip’s May 2018 Competition Ready Detailing Class

This class was three days of intense, fast moving, ninety-five percent hands on training.

My primary reason and main interest was to advance my paint correction skills to a new level and to gain a deeper understanding of all types of automotive finishes. Mike’s level of knowledge and expertise is exceeded only by his enthusiasm for sharing all of this with his students.

One of the things I liked most was the great variety of “interesting” cars that Mike is able to provide for his classes. I was able to work on not just modern factory clear coat (two stage) paint while learning some new techniques, but was also able to work on classic original single stage paints as well as high end show car quality (custom) paint. Being able to actually see and experience the differences while performing the necessary compounding and/or polishing steps on all of these cars goes way beyond any internet video’s ability to teach. Personal, one on one real time feedback from Mike and Andre allows you to be certain you’ve acquired the correct technique to master your new skills.

The “icing on the cake” was the phenomenal selection of top notch equipment and products we were encouraged to experience first hand. Everyone came away with their new favorites for a variety of reasons. This class will definitely enable you to appreciate the different pros and cons and make a much more informed “personal” decision before making final purchasing decisions.

Last, but not least, all the participants in the class were eager to learn, conscientious, and supportive of each other. You couldn’t ask for a better group of car enthusiasts to share the experience with.

From my personal experience, if you’ve been detailing cars for a while and are ready to up the level of your skills and services, this is without a doubt, the best step you could take and one I would give my highest recommendation.

Thanks Mike for a truly great and totally enjoyable learning experience!

11. Thanks Aaryn NZ, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by PSL Rich View Post

My feedback on Mike Phillip’s May 2018 Competition Ready Detailing Class

Wow!

Thanks Rich for taking the time to share your feedback on our forum. I truly, truly appreciate it.

I'll be adding lots of pictures from this class starting Wednesday when I return to work. Right now I have to prep for the IDA SV tests as Jamie will be here at 7:30am to take his test and then 4 more people after him. I'm off on Tuesday, so everyone hang tight as I think the pictures are going to really tell the story as to what one of these classes is really like!

13. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow!

Yet again we have the privilege of following along here on AGO or other social media avenues of yet another incredible Competition Ready Class at Autogeek. Outstanding work as usual Mike & what great testimonies being posted here on this thread. Always exciting seeing what cool cars you'll source for your classes & this one didn't disappoint either. Being a VW family I favour the Gremlin most. Actually I missed out (by 4 minutes) from being the owner of a split window 'shorty bus' many years ago.

Fantastic work to everyone involved. from the class, to Mike to everyone behind the scenes there at Autogeek, awesome!

Bill Whalen

PSL Rich

Jram59

Thank you for posting your experiences whilst attending Mikes Competition Ready Class. Welcome to Autogeek Online, please do stick around.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

***Update***

It's 6:05pm, just finished the last IDA SV test.

Will be off tomorrow and then back to work on Wednesday. I know everyone wants to see the before and after pictures so hang tight.

16. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast