autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures & Comments - May 2017 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Pictures & Comments - May 2017 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Here's a picture taken in the morning while everyone is still fresh and ready to get busy!

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures & Comments - May 2017 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

The cars this class will be working on...

For the Show Car Detailing Class

For the wetsanding class

For the Production Detailing Class

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures & Comments - May 2017 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Class is claying the Mustang and the Model A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Compounding

Mike Phillips

Compounding

Mike Phillips

Wiping off the wax

Mike Phillips

***Update***

It's lunch break and the first two cars came out PERFECT!

Next up... the 1939 Dodge and the 1956 Chevy!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Day 1 has come to an end. We hit the ground running in there. Thought I would share a pic and some (but not all) of the things we did today. We used the Rupes system on this Black Cadillac and I was a big fan, even their detail spray and sealant were awesome. My Rupes 15 was being finicky with the rotation so I worked a bit on hard mode until I tried another 15 that worked better. Overall it seemed like the Rupes was a tool that could really be worked and manipulated by a skilled user, although thus far we have not hit all the machines for me to fully compare. BTW this was my first time using a polisher, and I "detailed" a car for the first time earlier this week, so I'm pretty happy with everything I got to do. We also did a couple cars with a Gyeon compound/polish/prime 3-step (with some Gyeon Prep on some taped sensitive spots that didn't get the primer) followed by a Gyeon Q2 MOHS coating on top of the primed paint. So on day one I've already built some confidence (especially working on classic cars) and learned some processes that should prove to be quote useful.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to David and Don at Lake Country and Jason at Sonax for the extra help. I was using the Flex3401 on this hood and having a rough time handling such a powerful machine. Our special guests have been patient and helpful and Jason was by my side on this one inspecting the paint and helping me with my technique. This car was done with a Sonax compound and polish followed by their aerosol sealant Polymer Net Shield. To me though, the most interesting Sonax products we used today were the Multistar Universal Cleaner and their dressing product which we used for a cosmetic engine detail. I was impressed with both. Too many products to name today actually that I was impressed with from several brands. Wheel and tire cleaners, foam gun, fabric and vinyl convertible brush and protectants to name a few.

Mike Phillips

***Update***

As I type this it's Monday, 3:00pm and we just finished our 4th IDA SV test.

I'm off until Wednesday and then I'll start sharing some of the pictures of the students and the amazing work they did during the 3 days of this class.

To everyone that attended, thank you for being such a GREAT class!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast