autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Change is Good or What a Difference Three Days Makes

In 1954 my Dad opened his business. It was garage that consisted of body shop, towing service and used car lot. I still operate this business today.

My Dad has passed on but I can still rely on the reputation he had in our town because of the way he treated his customers.

I was about six years old when I started hanging around the garage. Going to auctions every Friday was part of my childhood. By the time I was nine I was helping my Dad get cars ready to paint. Back then we used lacquer for spot and fender painting and synthetic or straight enamel for overall painting. Rubbing out those old lacquer jobs was a lot of work.

Then paint manufactures came out with acrylic enamel. This changed everything! Dry times, durability, depth of paint....

Soon after urethane clears, and polyurethane paints... THIS changed everything.

I have painted using all of these products. I have sanded and buffed lacquer, acrylic enamel and every clear coat on the planet.

One Sunday morning my wife and I were watching Velocity channel and a show called Competition Ready came on TV. I turned to my wife and said that's the missing link.

Look at the shine on those cars!

So for my birthday, my wife bought me a three day class with Mike Phillips at Autogeek in Stuart Florida. I went in with an open mind. I knew I would learn valuable techniques.

First, Mike taught us how to properly wash a car. Do you have any idea how many cars I have washed in my lifetime? Well this class changed everything.

We worked on cars that at first glance did not appear to need a thing. That's where Mike Phillips steps to detailing come in. You learn to identify the paint and repair or polish mistake free. When we were finished they looked a hundred percent more amazing.

The equipment and products we used were second to none. Even the class time at a desk was invaluable. There was not one moment wasted.

I am heading back to Florida next week to West Palm Beach to participate on the Competition Ready Team for Detail Fest where I hope to pick up even more pointers on detailing and I look forward to attending the Marine class as well.

The class I was in consisted of detail shop owners, employees, or car owners who wanted to know the best way to clean their cars. I would recommend the class to anyone who loves cars, owns a detail business, a collector, or show car enthusiast.

Mike Phillips is a true professional, a great teacher and an artist with a polisher in his hand.

Take the class. When you are finished I guarantee you will say to yourself Wow! This changes everything.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Change is Good or What a Difference Three Days Makes

Glad to hear your story and experience, you will have a great time working on amazing cars, biggest thing is have fun!!

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Re: Change is Good or What a Difference Three Days Makes

Quote Originally Posted by Roger That View Post

So for my birthday, my wife bought me a three day class with Mike Phillips at Autogeek in Stuart Florida. I went in with an open mind. I knew I would learn valuable techniques.

First, Mike taught us how to properly wash a car. Do you have any idea how many cars I have washed in my lifetime? Well this class changed everything.

We worked on cars that at first glance did not appear to need a thing. That's where Mike Phillips steps to detailing come in. You learn to identify the paint and repair or polish mistake free. When we were finished they looked a hundred percent more amazing.

The equipment and products we used were second to none. Even the class time at a desk was invaluable. There was not one moment wasted.

I am heading back to Florida next week to West Palm Beach to participate on the Competition Ready Team for Detail Fest where I hope to pick up even more pointers on detailing and I look forward to attending the Marine class as well.

The class I was in consisted of detail shop owners, employees, or car owners who wanted to know the best way to clean their cars. I would recommend the class to anyone who loves cars, owns a detail business, a collector, or show car enthusiast.

Mike Phillips is a true professional, a great teacher and an artist with a polisher in his hand.

Take the class. When you are finished I guarantee you will say to yourself Wow! This changes everything.....

Wow Roger! I just now found your testimony after taking our 3-day class. Very nice summary sharing your experience.

Thank you!

And I would also like to thank your wife for giving you the class for your birthday!