autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: May 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

had a blast... so much fun... great bunch of guys to hang with for the 3 days of detailing class... loved every minute... thank you AUTOGEEK !!!!! best detailing class by far !!!!! 12 cars 3 days holy crap !!!!

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: May 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Feedback via an e-mail from Rich

Here's an e-mail I received from one of the students at the class. Rich is not on the forum and sent this to me via e-mail

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning Mike,

I wanted to take a minute to thank you & your staff for the unbelievable job you did at my recently completed auto detailing class.

I’m being totally honest when I say you completely BLEW AWAY my expectations for this awesome detailing experience.

I learned so many new techniques & procedures that will not only improve my quality of work but also allows me to work smarter & more efficiently. I was especially pleased to get all of the hands on training with the numerous top name tools & products you provided for us. I will recommend this class to any/all car guys I come across weather you are detailing your own collection or detailing as a profession this class is a MUST.

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge, expertise, passion & time with me.

I’m already planning my next visit to enhance my newly acquired detailing skills.

Take care my friend,

Rich

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Rich it was a pleasure having you in the class and I appreciate traveling all the way from Blaine, Minnesota to Stuart, Florida.

Hope to see a picture of your 1941 Willys Coupe with the Blown Hemi Engine after you get her all polished up!

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy the classes. You get a lot of hands on experience with different products.

Everyone work hard on detailing the cars. We saw some amazing results. I enjoy the classes and I also enjoy working with all my classmates.

I had a lot of fun memories at Autogeek.

I would like to wish everyone on there journey to detailing. Keep it shinning guys.

Good luck all, from your classmate: Christian

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by poyo150 View Post

I really enjoy the classes. You get a lot of hands on experience with different products.

Everyone work hard on detailing the cars. We saw some amazing results. I enjoy the classes and I also enjoy working with all my classmates.

I had a lot of fun memories at Autogeek.

I would like to wish everyone on there journey to detailing. Keep it shinning guys.

Good luck all, from your classmate: Christian

Thanks for sharing Christian.

Everyone in the class said they would share thier feedback so I'm looking forward to reading more comments.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by axel06 View Post
    had a blast... so much fun... great bunch of guys to hang with for the 3 days of detailing class... loved every minute... thank you AUTOGEEK !!!!! best detailing class by far !!!!! 12 cars 3 days holy crap !!!!
    A special shout-out to Axel. He helped me with my technique and was a big help around the Show Car Garage every day of the class. Thanks, man.

Mike Phillips

Re: Mike's Competition Ready detailing class

Quote Originally Posted by sss7912 View Post

I just finished Mike's 3 day "Competition Ready Detailing Class" held at Autogeek. Yes, I've read plenty of forums, and I've viewed videos on proper use of tools and chemicals. But, if you're like me, I learn the BEST from reading, seeing, and DOING.

This class is spectacular.

There's very little "classroom" training. Instead, it's almost ALL hands on training. Mike and his team have you working on great cars that have their challenges. After they're fully detailed, you can't imagine the improvement...it's shocking!

Spend the $1,500, and learn how to properly take care of the investments you've made.

There's no reason to risk it by letting someone else put their hands on your cars.

Hi Scott,

Very well said about the class. Sometimes I worry these classes are too much hands-on but if anyone ever needs they can always take a chair and take a break.

I'm looking forward to posts about your future detailing projects here on the AGO forum!

Scott aka sss7912

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading through all the posts has me thinking about another quick benefit about the class. Mike has you working with Griot's, Flex, Rupes, and rotary polishers. You also use compounds/polishes/waxes from McKee's, Pinnacle, Griot's, Wolfgang and more. Then there's the 10's of products used to thoroughly prepare the vehicles BEFORE compounding. Where else can you get ALL that hands-on experience with all those tools, chemicals, and expertise than this class? The answer is...only at Mike's Competition Ready Detailing class.

So, based upon all the hands-on experience in class, I just put in my order to Autogeek; an order that gets me exactly what I want and need. I couldn't have done that without the class!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fred129 View Post
    A special shout-out to Axel. He helped me with my technique and was a big help around the Show Car Garage every day of the class. Thanks, man.
    your welcome fred i had a blast detailing all the cars with the whole class.. the show car garage well to me it is a special place all the tools, alll the class mates and the 12 cars just amazzing what the class turned out in 3 days. give your self a pat on the back for making the journey and wanting to experience the magic that is in mike Phillips Competition Ready Detailing Class.. wishing you all the best in your detailing and use the forum it a great place to keep learning. had a great time sharing the class with all the class mates. keep on shinning

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fred129 View Post
    I attended the May 2016 Competition Ready Detailing class with Mike Philips. I’m an amateur detailer who details his own cars as a hobby. Both Mike and Andre were very helpful assisting me with my technique. Since I detail on a limited basis it was beneficial to have three days to hone my skills using a multitude of DA polishers and detailing products. Mike’s “learn by doing” method was in full effect during the three-day class.

Even simple, yet critical steps such as using detailing clay was covered in detail. Using a plastic baggie to feel impurities in the paint before and after claying was informative. Mike also provided opportunities to use Nanoskin wash mitts to compare and contrast results.

I have a Porter Cable 7424XP, but having the exposure to higher end polishers will help me to make an educated decision if/when I want to take the next step to upgrade my equipment. The Rupes, Flex, and Griot’s BOSS polishers are nice machines. I’m grateful that I had the opportunity to use them. The concentration on the three step process was of particular interest to me because I want to establish and keep a “Show Car” shine on my vehicles. We transformed a multitude of dull vehicles into eye-popping stunners. Mike selected an excellent cross-section of cars that kept the interest of the class members. Seeing the positive reaction of some of the owners when they received their vehicles validated the hard work the of the class members! All were impressed by the quality of the work.

I was exposed to ceramic coatings for the first time. The end result on the Mustang and Jaguar was astounding. Mike went step-by-step on the preparation of the vehicles (cleaning) which was critical before application of the coating. Mike was also methodical in his instruction on the application of the ceramic coating to ensure the desired end result. If I had not taken the class, I would have never considered a ceramic coating for my personal vehicles. Seeing the process first hand gives me the confidence to do so.

Engine bay detailing was also covered. Degreasing and cosmetic detailing methods are skills I can put to work immediately. Glass polishing and headlight restoration done the right way will come into use in the future.

The Showcar Garage was a great facility for use as a classroom and for hands-on work. Well-equipped, clean, and orderly.

I was also drawn to the class in order to work with an expert. Mike is certainly that.

So, if you’re a hobbyist who wants to detail his own vehicles with spectacular results, this is the class for you.

Fred
    The class started with the Studebaker and the Cadillac. I worked on the Cadillac because, well, there was so much of it! I could stake out a section and get to it. The photos attest to the fact that they both came out great. The Cadillac really popped after the team completed their work. Talk about starting with a bang? The AFTER photos show how these babies really stood out.

Mike Phillips

Just to chime in...

More pictures to come - just always so busy with so many other projecs...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast