autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: May 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Mike did a fantastic job.

Before you go read his book first. You will get info overload.

He also meets with you for a informal get togather at the motel also great.

Thanks Mike

David Wise AKA blackwing

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: May 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

I also want to thank Mike for teaching us his detailing techniques making us to work right on the cars. This makes all the difference, you can try to watch any instruction video online but you won't be able to become a top detailer unless you have a professional like Mike teaching you at your side, literally.

I had no clue how to make a car shine and make it to last. I had tried it before by myself but with no results I gave up. Doing a online search I found Mike's class and decided to give it a try, it was only 45 minutes away from my place so why not? Now after have completed it I learnt a lot and I'm getting ready to start my own detailing business as I love work with cars.
    I have been practicing using the show car finish method that we learned on the first date working on cool classic cars on my own cars and on some of my friends' and the results have been amazing, better than some of the companies that I had paid to do that in the past.

My advice for someone that will take the class is to first read Mike's book "The Complete Guide to A Show Car Shine". You will get used to some of the words used in the class and in the business and you will be able to understand the class better. If anything seems confusing in the book after you finish it reading, it will be all clear after completing the 3-day class.

Thanks Mike
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures: May 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Just got back to Texas after taking the Competition Ready class and visiting with family in Florida. The little vacation I had after taking the class was much needed and well deserved! After the 3 days of class I was wore out. Mike Phillips managed to share years of knowledge and technique all in 3 days. And worked very hard to do so. You get a verbal, then visual explanation, then hands on training for each and every tool/process you use.

This class isn't just for people who are new to detailing. There's information to be learned at every skill level as tools and products have advanced quite rapidly in the last few years.

Lastly, no matter the skill level, you will love the cars! They're not practice cars, they're real world pride and joys that have defects from improper car washing to rotary induced holograms. Even unexpected defects such as etching left from a bird dropping that was revealed after cleaning up. Mike used it as one of his many "teaching moments" to show how to level out the etching, something you may learn as well by taking the class.

Thank you Mike for all the hard work you put into making the class possible, and thank you Andre for taking what had to of been hundreds of pictures all the while helping with any assistance needed. The results speak for themselves!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by blackwing View Post
    Mike did a fantastic job.

Before you go read his book first. You will get info overload.

He also meets with you for a informal get togather at the motel also great.

Thanks Mike

David Wise AKA blackwing

Thanks David, it was a real pleasure having you in the class and it was great to have you stick around on Monday and take the IDA SV certification testing.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be back to Autogeek and I will pass the IDA next time. I don't know when but I hope it's soon. I really enjoy the experience at Autogeek and the people I met. It was really fun.

Christian

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Here's another testimony about our Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Classes from Gary L. who attended the May 2016 class.

Pictures: May 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary L.

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry I didn't get this sent to you sooner. I have been swamped since I got home from your class. I signed up for the forum but I seem to be social media challenged and I didn't see quickly how to post something. Anyway here is what I would have posted if I could have figured out how to do it. Will you post it for me?

I attended the May 2016 Competition Ready Detailing Class taught by Mike Phillips. I can't begin to tell you what a blast it was to work on some amazing cars and to meet some equally amazing people.

I began the class without any detailing experience at all. The class was made up of an interesting mix of professional detailers and novices like myself. Even though detailing experience of students varied widely in the class there was something in the class for everyone.

Mike's enthusiasm for the art of detailing is contagious and it was so much fun to work alongside him as he shared his years of detailing experience with the class. I started the class literally knowing nothing about the products and tools of the trade. After three days of working on classic cars to modern cars and having a chance to use a wide variety of tools and products I have the confidence and understanding to use power tools to polish my cars to a show ready finish.

I highly recommend this class to anyone who is even remotely interested in learning about automotive detailing. I will be attending this class again in the future!

Finally, the last two Friday nights my wife and I have watched your TV show, Competition Ready. We have really enjoyed watching it together and it is really fun to see you using the tools that you taught us how to use. T

hanks again for a really great weekend.

Thank you!

Gary L.

Thank you very much Gary for your trust in my name and the Autogeek name. I had a lot of fun working with you and having you in the class. I know it was fast-paced and totally hands-on but you made it through the class and the knowledge and skills you obtained will last you a lifetime and pay dividends forever.

As I tell all my class alumni, if there's ever anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to call.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to the guys! The cars look unreal, that Caddilac is easy on the eyes.

Great job everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, I wish I could join ya guys.

Would be nice if the GI Bill covered the cost I know it won't work but I'm being wishful. or I could convince work to send me for tuition reimbursement lol.

Mike Phillips

Here's some feedback from Paul Jorgensen who attended this class...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul

Hats off and a big round of applause for Mike Phillips.

I have been around the industry for almost 45 years. I have been around reps, dealerships, other detailers and many schools. Mike in this class that he puts on from my understanding now 3 times a year is without question the most energetic, knowledgeable, hands on let’s get this done multi tasking instructor I have ever been around.

He is none stop from I am assuming 5:30am till the wee hours of the night. How’s your married life Mike? LOL. Mike you ask, did I give this class 100%? Come on now!!!

I have only been around Autogeek for just less than two years and have seen many of Mike’s productions. I certainly hope that his boss, peers, students, customer’s and Autogeek’s entire following understand that Mike is the most, separated by light years from any of his competition (if he has any) as an instructor, demonstrator, celebrity and his knowledge of product and his loyalty to his suppliers and sponsors I believe in the entire industry.

For this particular school in May, at first I was personally a little disappointed that the classmates had very little time, knowledge or experience in the industry. Most were in the learning stages. After speaking over the three days with many of the Autogeek people they explained that to put a school together of grouped A, B or C levels of talent is and would be very difficult to do now days. After it was explained to me from a business point of view I understood.

As for the above, one of my rushes form this school was just from my passion of paint, met five or six classmates that I kind of took under my wing of experience and became a “teachers assistant” to these guys. We bonded and to give hands on with these guys to teach and watch them over three days go from zero or so to having a new level of understanding, confidence and application that was so visible in their work and the smiles on their faces, put the icing on my cake. Congrats guys!

I personally came to this school for me to be hands on with machines, pads and product. The equipment and products in this industry are mind boggling, and very expensive and seem to change monthly. The only way to expand your horizons and add to your arsenal without the wasting of money to purchase and try and then not like, is to come and do it in a class.

This was invaluable in this class for me and did Mike and Autogeek put on the super buffet. They had for all of us to try hands on cars not sample hoods and trunks; I think all of the machine models available with many of the different style pads and plenty of the most popular chemicals to hands on. Great job!!!

This worked very well for me and I purchased two more D/A machines, pads, chemicals and many other products including the “NEW” 21 RUPES Big Foot. This new machine was not in the class to sample and this was one of my thoughts to purchase. I talked to Mike and he said wait a moment and he came back from his office with his “personal” serial number # 16 machine for me to try. Thanks again for that help Mike. I bought one.

I was a bit disappointed that it was so new that the 5” backing plate had not come in from Italy yet. I asked Bryan (from Autogeek) if he would go back and take it off of Mike’s machine, LOL. His answer was, not a very good idea Paul. I tried. If anyone is buying one of these, remember to get the smaller plate so you can utilize the smaller pads.

The class was so complete to the entire detailing steps of an automobile that I believe the class needs to be four days or a reduction in what was covered. I understand now that this is a school to help direct people to or into the detailing business for profit with the emphasis on production “the big picture” detailing. From my above comments, I personally was very happy to have covered headlight regeneration, windshield polishing, coating and wet sanding.

These were the other more complicated processes that I wanted to cover hands on at this school for the purchase of additional tools and product from a hands on process. Also just from closely observing Mike, you can pick up many little “tricks” that are not ever discussed. One of the greatest ways to learn is eyes and ears. Again, great job Mike.

In closing, I could continue for hours on the school. If you are startup or an advanced paint pro, I believe that all levels will take home many levels of new knowledge and “tricks” of how to and new products that always make the job at task better and much easier to complete.

I very highly recommended this school for all levels.

Thanks again, fantastic job Mike and Andre.

Paul Jorgensen (VOGAR)

Thank you very much for taking the time to write down your experience from attending the May class. I asked all my students to give me their feedback and alas only about 5-6 students did so.

Here's Paul...

Paul

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by LittleKing24 View Post

Just got back to Texas after taking the Competition Ready class and visiting with family in Florida. The little vacation I had after taking the class was much needed and well deserved! After the 3 days of class I was wore out. Mike Phillips managed to share years of knowledge and technique all in 3 days. And worked very hard to do so. You get a verbal, then visual explanation, then hands on training for each and every tool/process you use.

This class isn't just for people who are new to detailing. There's information to be learned at every skill level as tools and products have advanced quite rapidly in the last few years.

Lastly, no matter the skill level, you will love the cars! They're not practice cars, they're real world pride and joys that have defects from improper car washing to rotary induced holograms. Even unexpected defects such as etching left from a bird dropping that was revealed after cleaning up. Mike used it as one of his many "teaching moments" to show how to level out the etching, something you may learn as well by taking the class.

Thank you Mike for all the hard work you put into making the class possible, and thank you Andre for taking what had to of been hundreds of pictures all the while helping with any assistance needed. The results speak for themselves!

Thank you for the very nice review!

Would love to get an update as to how your business is doing today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123