autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Cyclo Polisher Buffer Hands-On Detailing Classes at Autogeek

We have all the varioius models of the Cyclo Dual Head Oribital Polishers for our students to use at our hand-son detailing classes here at Autogeek.

We bring in 1-2 full size cars for each Cyclo Polisher Detailing Class so everyone gets plenty of real-world, hands on experience using these legendary polishers.

To attend the next class,

Click this link to sign up online

Or call Nick at the number below as he can answer any questions you have and help you to get signed up over the phone.

1-800-869-3011 x215

You can find more information about what you'll be doing when you attend one of our classes here,

Next Detailing Boot Camp Class - September 25th, 26th & 27th

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 09' Black Silverado with light scratches and swirls/cobwebbing. I have WG Uber Compound and Finishing Glaze. Just wondering if you think I will be able to correct well with the Orange pads for compounding or the Yellow? Also, i'm not sure which pads to use for the glaze?

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanfreak3 View Post
    I have a 09' Black Silverado with light scratches and swirls/cobwebbing. I have WG Uber Compound and Finishing Glaze. Just wondering if you think I will be able to correct well with the Orange pads for compounding or the Yellow? Also, i'm not sure which pads to use for the glaze?

Thank you!

Mike Phillips

I have a 09' Black Silverado with light scratches and swirls/cobwebbing. I have WG Uber Compound and Finishing Glaze. Just wondering if you think I will be able to correct well with the Orange pads for compounding or the Yellow?

Also, i'm not sure which pads to use for the glaze?

Thank you!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, shooting new project in the studio all day today, tomorrow and Thursday, so not much online time.

For light scratches and swirling the Cyclo Orange pads should work. To be honest, most of the time I use the yellow pads just for the extra abrading power.

One thing for sure, Cyclo pads are WELL MADE and also work great on the Porter Cable, Megs and Griot's polishers when a person needs a 4" pad.

For the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, which is not really a glaze in the traditional sense or use of the word in this industry), but is a Fine Cut Polish.

Stick with the Green Cyclo Pads if you have them. The blue and white Cyclo pads are really pretty soft and don't offer much in the way of cut and as it applies to what you want to do they don't offer much in the way of clean-up after a compounding step.

Foam Pads, Brushes and Accessories for the Cyclo Polisher

Hope that helps...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, shooting new project in the studio all day today, tomorrow and Thursday, so not much online time.

For light scratches and swirling the Cyclo Orange pads should work. To be honest, most of the time I use the yellow pads just for the extra abrading power.

One thing for sure, Cyclo pads are WELL MADE and also work great on the Porter Cable, Megs and Griot's polishers when a person needs a 4" pad.

For the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, which is not really a glaze in the traditional sense or use of the word in this industry), but is a Fine Cut Polish.

Stick with the Green Cyclo Pads if you have them. The blue and white Cyclo pads are really pretty soft and don't offer much in the way of cut and as it applies to what you want to do they don't offer much in the way of clean-up after a compounding step.

Foam Pads, Brushes and Accessories for the Cyclo Polisher

Hope that helps...

Thank you!! Also, how do I compound and Polish the moldings that are on each of the doors? By hand?
    Last edited by cleanfreak3; 08-18-2015 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Lost info

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!! Also, how do I compound and Polish the moldings that are on each of the doors? By hand?

Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing to add here, other than the other day I was driving around and saw a really unusual sight. I saw a guy polishing his car with a Cyclo that looked like it was 40 yo and a bottle of New Finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I have nothing to add here, other than the other day I was driving around and saw a really unusual sight. I saw a guy polishing his car with a Cyclo that looked like it was 40 yo and a bottle of New Finish.
    Maybe all is well with the world after all.

Mike Phillips

Thank you!!

Also, how do I compound and Polish the moldings that are on each of the doors? By hand?

If you cannot safely buff paint by machine then you need to do it by hand.

This is where it is so important to use products that use great abrasive-technology. Not all compounds and polishes work great by hand and can leave scratches.

It used to be there was NOTHING on the market that worked by hand. Nothing.

I know, I've been there and done that as I used to teach a LOT of hand polishing classes.

Now most of the top shelf brands for compounds and polishes can be used by hand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12