autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

looks like everyone had a blast, very cool...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the black '55 pictures. That was the transformation I wanted to see!

Randy

Mike Phillips

How to use a rotary buffer

To teach the guys how to use a rotary buffer with both wool pads and foam pads we used my own daily driver a 1987 Chevy Silverado. Because it's lifted it makes a great vehicle for practicing how to hold, press and move a rotary buffer over the large and long panels.

First a lesson on how to use the 10 @ 10 technique to pick up a bead of product.

Then how to hold the rotary buffer, how hard to press, how to move it over a panel and how to control it.

Then it's hands-on training time....

Nice work guys, still looks great!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Renozx12 View Post

Hi my name is Rinardo,

I attended the boat, and car detailing boot camp classes and I had a amazing time at both. I learned so much from Mike and Nick, they answered all of my many question. The knowledge that these two gentleman have is amazing, they are very down to earth guys! They don't make you feel stupid when you ask a question. And this place is humongous, its larger then any walmart you have ever seen. We were working on classic cars, turning trash to glass. You could see your self in the paint like a mirror.

If your planning on detailing for money of just to maintain you owen car, this is class is a must. I've been cleaning and waxing cars for decades, I'm on another level with car care now. If you owen a BLACK car sign up before its to late to save you paint. This class is worth every pen and then some. They feed use breakfast and lunch, one day they even had dinner catered for us. They actually took the time to get to know use on a personal level.

I even had the opportunity to meet the CEO Bob McKee, he welcome me with open arms. He told me to spread the passion to the younger generation. I would like Bob to know soon as I got back home from my 13 hour drive, I returned my rental car. I saw a young man in the back washing the cars with dirty water and a brush. I told him I just got back from Autogeek, and if you are serious about car care and learning this craft. There's a forum and how to video's, and to look up Mike Phillips on youtub. He is the Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers of the polishing paint and car care world.

I drop my tuck off to get some paint work done, and the guys where out there sanding by hand, I told them to get a da. And to call Nick he could help them out with products and pricing. I will forever be promoting Autogeek. I can't say thank you enough to Mike Nick. And a special thanks to Andre and Danielle, thank you for you great customer service. I hope Mr. McKee read this and gives you guys a raise, you truly deserve it for going that extra mile for me. My birthday is July 19, that's the next boot camp class. I would love to come down again to attended that class.

Rinardo,

It was a genuine pleasure having you in the boat detailing class as well as this detailing class.

The passion you have for excellence reminds me of me and I think that's why we get along so well.

Hope to see you again at a future class. I'm already lining up cars for the July and September classes.

Mike Phillips

After reading through this thread or any of the pictures and comments threads from our detailing boot camp classes and you've made the decision to attend, here's the dates for the next two classes in 2015.

Next classes for 2015 are July 17th, 18th and 19th and then in September 25th, 26th and 27th.

Click this link to sign-up!

Or call Nick at 1-800-869-3011 x215

These are the most hands-on training classes available anywhere with the most tools covered and always the coolest and widest range of cars to work on guaranteed.

Hallandale Beach, between Miami and Fort Lauderdale
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    How to use the Cyclo Polisher Detailing Class

At each class I have one to two cars for each type of tool. For the beautiful but swirled out 1956 Chevy Bel Air appraised at $140,000.00 was used to teach the class how to use the Cyclo Orbital Polisher.

Process

1. Waterless wash with DP Waterless Auto Wash & Gloss
    2. Mechanically decontaminate using Pinnacle Ultra Fine Poly Clay
    3. Remove swirls using Cyclo Polisher, Cyclo Orange & Yellow Foam Cutting Pads and Pinnacle Advanced Compound
    4. Polish to a high gloss using Cyclo Polisher, Cyclo Green Foam Pads and Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
    5. Machine wax using Cyclo Orbital Polisher with Cyclo soft white foam waxing pads and Pinnacle Black Label Synthetic Paint Sealant.

First a few pictures showing the swirls in the paint....

How to remove bonded contaminants using detailing clay

There's the right way and a lot of wrong ways to use detailing clay. We went over the right way and then the class clayed the paint, glass, chrome and stainless steel surfaces using detailing clay.

How to use a Cyclo Polisher to remove swirls

After claying there was a demonstration on the correct technique to use for the Cyclo Polisher as well as we went over how to use the Cyclo to do a Test Spot.

Break for hands-on training

Next the class took over while Nick and I worked with each student to make sure they understood and used the correct technique when buffing with the Cyclo polishers.

Compounding

Polishing

Machine Waxing

Thanks Mike for bringing back those nice memories !!! Watching the pictures ,and got feeling like I am going over the Camp again !! As always Nick was everywhere,he saw that I didn't get to try this polisher yet,few seconds ,I got the polisher in my hands and place to work !!!!!
    Awesome!!!! I have no words to express my feelings and experience I gained in these days.
    I am almost positive ,I'll be back again !!!!
    Thank you so much for this unreal thing what happened, I am now off to put my new Big Foot on work

Sent from my Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

BOOM!

That's what I'm talking about....

Unbelievable,who are these guys ??? Looks so professional work Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!

Sent from my Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1431207554-495534-jpgPictures & Comments: May 2015 Detailing Boot Camp Class!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1431207581-264246-jpg
    I have one too before and after

Post Thanks / Like

BOOM!

That's what I'm talking about....

And that's when I run out and bought Rupes BigFoot thanks God Aurogeek was so close with fastest delivery in my life LOL

Post Thanks / Like

"Nothing lasts forever."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast