autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments: Sept 2014 Detail Boot Camp Class

Hi guy's I'm just new to the forum; I just took Mike's bootcamp and for me was a mind blowing experience; working with those cars especially the Dodge Lancer what a unique car.

I flew with my wife all the way from Puerto Rico and l wanted to thanks Mike Phillips and his crew (Nick and Jesse) for the training and sharing their experience with us, I feel that my confidence level went from a 3 to a 7.

I am thankful for getting the opportunity to know Bob from Autogeek, Bob and Chris from Flex North America thanks for the meet and greet and all the classmates; I had a wonderful time and hope to see you all soon.

William Catala

Post Thanks / Like

Great work, looks like an awesome learning experience and wonderful time.
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by wcatala View Post

Hi guy's I'm just new to the forum; I just took Mike's bootcamp and for me was a mind blowing experience; working with those cars especially the Dodge Lancer what a unique car.

Hi Willy!

Thanks for getting registered with the forum and sharing your experience in this thread... I really appreciate it. I just finished cleaning the studio and returning all but the 1956 Dodge Lancer and the 1961 Olds back to their owners.

I'm going through the pictures taken at the class and will be posting some before I leave for the day. (Dentist appointment).

I have almost 800 pictures to go through so need everyone to be patient.

It was great having you in the class as well as you're wife and Bob and I both say think you for the special Bacardi gifts you brought all the way from Puerto, Rico!

Mmm.....

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by OnsiteDetailing View Post

This class was absolutely awesome. I learned more information and had plenty of opportunity to learn to use new equipment than I thought was possible during a two-day training. It was great to work with one of the top professionals in the industry.

It was really great having you here Rick! And it's even better having you as a member of our forum.

I just added the Certification pictures to the first page of this thread, more pictures tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a new member of the forum and this is my first post. I've been researching and reading so much about detailing since I decided to pursue this art. Part of that research was looking for schools to attend. I found Mike's approaches, responses in forums that I read and his willingness to help others interesting. So, I focused on his company. I missed the cutoff for the September class and didn't want to wait so I emailed him about availability and was able to get into the class (last spot). Now about the staff and class.

Mike and Nick are professional, highly skilled but also extremely genuine folks. There's no doubt they are there to give their best to all in the class and answer all questions. Also at this class were two outstanding folks from Flex who were there in support and to learn. Bob and Chris are equally genuine and supportive. I was there to learn everything as this art is new to me but was welcomed by staff and the other great folks in attendance. A non competitive environment, everyone was willing to help, talk, share, etc. I won't go into the course outline as you can view it yourself. I will say that I learned so much about the art, the tools, products, the folks at Autogeek, my awesome classmates and myself. If you have not attended, not only do I highly recommend it for those thinking about attending but also to those who have been in the business for sometime as technology changes. I'd also recommend it as a life experience as the folks at Autogeek are interesting, your classmate experiences and lives will enrich you and you will grow if you allow it. Stop thinking about it, just do it.

Jeff "JP"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike Phillips and his team were awesome this past weekend. I walked in to the Detailer's Boot Camp with an expectation of long lecture and a little hands on but boy was I wrong. Each one of us had plenty of hands on with a multitude of tools and cars. Getting the chance to learn how to use the different polishers before purchasing is a huge plus. Working on daily drivers as well as show cars is a huge confidence booster. Mike Phillips is a genuine instructor. Mike, Nick, and Jesse, thanks for a tremendously valuable weekend.

Bob and Chris from Flex also attended and were hands-on right with the class and were also very resourceful. It was really good to have industry leaders sharing their knowledge with the class. Thanks for being there.

If anyone is on the fence about registering, do yourself a favor get registered.
    Tyler

Post Thanks / Like

This was an awesome class, and again, I learned quite a lot from when I first attended the boot camp back in 2012. There have been many changes in tools, products, and information concerning automotive detailing since then, and I have learned so much from this class on the use of products, tools, and techniques that Mike Phillips demonstrated in his class. Autogeek founder and CEO Bob McKee stopped by to say hello, and he and Nick gave us a tour of Autogeek's warehouse and operations. Thanks guys! We also had the president of Flex Tools North America in attendance Mr. Bob Eichelberg and his associate Chris, who not only participated in the boot camp, but also gave us great info, tips and history on Flex Tools the 3401, and the PE-14. They also answered any questions that the class may have had on these tools. We also had the rare opportunity to work on a 1967 Lincoln Continental with single stage paint, that turned out beautiful. A show room finish on the custom 1956 Dodge Lancer, and the amazing correction we did on the 1965 Plymouth Belvedere II. I was real impressed with the use of the Flex PE-14 and Blackfire compound and polish that we used on the 1939 LaSalle and after damp sanding, the finish was awesome!. All the cars that we worked on had their own unique challenge, from daily driver to custom show car, and that's what this class is all about, to give you the opportunity to learn how to detail cars the correct way, and how to use all the current tools and products. If you are thinking about attending one of these classes I would say do so, you will learn quite a bit, meet new people, and have fun. Special thanks to Mike and Nick for an awesome boot camp!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow what an information packed weekend. Learned so much about the different products and the techniques to maximize results using them. Best part about the class is it's 90% hands on. I'm confident I can now maintain the black finishes on my cars.

Mike, Nick and Jesse worked their a$$es off to make the class the best it could be. Bob and Chris of Flex North america treated us to a very nice reception Saturday night.

Talk about going above and beyond, one classmate's car had yellowed headlights so Mike had him bring it in the studio and showed us how to do headlight restoration.

Hope to make it to Detail Fest in March. Now where did I put that margarita machine...

Post Thanks / Like

Really excited reading through your reviews, I hope someday gifting myself with the same privilege you all got this weekend.

Never enough, life goes on! Now we (me, at least) want to browse through ~800 pics!

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

wow lets do it again!!, just over the top !! mike, nick and da hole crew
    AUTOGEEK BOOT CAMP R O C K S !!!! thank you for all the tips and tricks i will never forget the great time we all shared !!! ill be back for more thats 4 sure

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast