autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments from July 9th, 2011 Saturday Detailing 101

Sergio it was our pleasure to have you there, it's always great to meet forum members and you are a class act. Especially when you ate the Papa Johns without giving us a hard time! Happy to have you there for the weekend and thank you for taking time out of your schedule to come learn in our studio. Hope you had a blast!! And have fun in Miami!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Pro View Post
    Thanks to Meghan, Nick@Autogeek, Yancy, Max & Mike Phillips for informative, fun classes and a wonderful weekend.

I learned how to properly damp sand and refined my rotary technique. I got to polish 2 beautiful cars with a great group of guys with a passion for perfect paint. Well worth the trip and recommended to anyone on the fence.

We also got to see behind the scenes at Autogeek and all the hard work that goes into filling and packing orders.....the warehouse is a detailer's dream or at least it is to a product junkie like me

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Pictures & Comments from July 9th, 2011 Saturday Detailing 101

Many thanks to Mike, Max, Nick, Yancy, Meghan, and the entire Autogeek's gang for an amazing day!

I am so glad that I got to take the detailing 101 class. Mike is such an excellent instructor. With his tips, tricks, and guidance, I now have the skills and confidence to correct the paint on my cars.

Working on the 62 Caddy was a special treat for me. It reminded me of working on my dad's 1975 Black Buick Electra Limited. Only back then we used Turtle Wax Paste Wax and Rubbing compound by hand. After losing him recently it brought back fond memories.

The only regret I have is that it didn't last longer!

I cannot say thank you enough for a most awesome day!

Kindest Regards,

Randy

PS: To the forum: If you have the opportunity to attend class, do so, you will not be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Maryland, but one day I'll make it down there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RJWJR141 View Post
    Many thanks to Mike, Max, Nick, Yancy, Meghan, and the entire Autogeek's gang for an amazing day!

I am so glad that I got to take the detailing 101 class. Mike is such an excellent instructor. With his tips, tricks, and guidance, I now have the skills and confidence to correct the paint on my cars.

Working on the 62 Caddy was a special treat for me. It reminded me of working on my dad's 1975 Black Buick Electra Limited. Only back then we used Turtle Wax Paste Wax and Rubbing compound by hand. After losing him recently it brought back fond memories.

The only regret I have is that it didn't last longer!

I cannot say thank you enough for a most awesome day!

Kindest Regards,

Randy

PS: To the forum: If you have the opportunity to attend class, do so, you will not be disappointed.
    Randy glad you enjoyed the class, hopefully we will see you back at Autogeek again soon!

Mike Phillips

Here's a group shot of the Extreme Makeover Team that restored a true show car finish to this swirled-out 1962 Cadillac.

Here's how the 1962 Cadillac looked when it arrived... completely swirled-out and full of water spots...

Here's how it looks after our students took what they learned in our Detailing 101 Class and put it into practice...

Two Black Beauties with show car finishes restored at Autogeek's Show Car Garage!

I have some pictures to share and will post them as I get time...

I would like to say that the two classes this weekend, one class doing and extreme makeover on the above Cadillac and the Sunday class wetsanding, cutting and buffing an entire car down and not just any car, a 1971 GTO Muscle Car were firsts in this industry.

Forum Firsts
    I have never seen on any other forum an opportunity like this where enthusiasts from all walks of life successfully tackle two cars in incredibly bad condition and successfully restore a show car finish worthy of the car's legendary names...

I actually don't now of any other classes where this kind of opportunity is available.

Good job everyone!

It's going to be hard to top these two cars for future classes... but we'll try...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what it is about the Caddy...but that monster just turns my head every time you've posted pics of it.

GREAT turn around class (and Mike P. also)!

Bill

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    I don't know what it is about the Caddy...but that monster just turns my head every time you've posted pics of it.

GREAT turn around class (and Mike P. also)!

Bill

It's a real cream puff... I have a bunch of pictures from the process to post that I'll try to get to as I get time.

The finish came out excellent but because 4 different tools were used by numerous different people, some just learning to machine polish, just to ensure a uniform looking finish, I stuck around last night and used the PC with a 5.5" gray LC Flat Pad with Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish to re-polish each square inch of the car.

Before doing this I removed the Cadillac crest and V of the front of the hood and the trunk lid and polished the paint under and around these trim pieces. Did a little hand polishing in the places a machine cannot get to. Applied the RaggTopp Vinyl Protectant. Polished the chrome and dressed the tires with Pinnacle Black Onyx.

The car is being returned today and here's some beauty shots I just took a few minutes ago. First the before pictures, this is how it looked when it arrived...

Before

The classroom is all set-up and ready to go!

After

Post Thanks / Like

This shot says it all....
    Good class, great work by everyone in there, I think they all learn a lot but in a good fun way!
    Mike's classes are not boring like 10th Social Studies!!
    He keeps everyone moving and lots of hands on with all the polishers.
    Great way to see what machine works best for you too!

Post Thanks / Like

Meghan,

More great photos and another successful detail!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fascinated by the make-over of the Cadillac. Wow it's a real beauty! Well, it was beautiful before you worked on it too, but now it's perfect (it reminds me of Cadillacs in Hollywood movies *hehe*). Good job! How much time have you invested to get it that polished? Thank you for sharing this!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast