autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures & Comments from January 29th Detailing 101 Class

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Mike I thought I saw somewhere that your "victim car" was a rental...a 2003? Rent-a-Wreck? Do you tell them that you are going to polish it up for them? Do they "rent" it to you for free in exchange?
    The car we used was in fact a 2003 Ford Taurus from a local car rental agency, this is small business car rental company that was a part of Rent a Wreck, they are no longer with the Rent a Wreck organization but Google still shows them list as associated with the Rent a Wreck company.

I forgot to mention to the owners that we were going to use the car for a demo car at the time of renting it but when I returned it, the owners and the employees noticed we spruced it up a little and were astonished at how clean and shiny the car turned out.

The let me know they have a few more medium to dark colored passenger cars should I need one in the future and I told them I would be in contact with them when I schedule the next set of classes.

I taught my first detailing class in 1988 and in all these years I've had a lot of classes do phenomenal work transforming a car in horrible condition to like-new but this class raised the bar to the highest level.

The car came in with swirls, scratches, water spots and etchings and I don't think it's ever been clayed as the paint felt rough like 40 grit sandpaper. Most of the time the students will focus on the easy to work on horizontal panels, like the hood and trunk lid, this class went above and beyond the call of duty and clayed and then polished-out the entire car!

It truly looks like the paint is dripping wet it's so glossy... I took a short video using my iphone this morning before returning the car and after I get it uploaded I'll insert the video into this thread...

This is truly a great example of what I'm talking about in this article,

"Taking your car's paint to it's maximum potential"

It's a challenge trying to show and then teach how to use 6 different electric polishers but it's a lot of fun at the same time and what makes the task easy is the fact that everyone that attended was their eager to learn.

Hang tight...

Post Thanks / Like

i need to get to the other side and learn from the MASTER!

Mike Phillips

Here's a short video taken with an iPhone 4 to show the gloss and clarity of a 8 year old car after being washed, clayed, machine cleaned, machine polished and machine waxed by our Detailing 101 Class here at Autogeek's Show Car Garage

2003 Ford Taurus Extreme Makeover
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=089EoZt7b4E]YouTube - 2003 Taurus Video Detailing Extreme Makeover[/video]

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog shine View Post
    i need to get to the other side and learn from the MASTER!
    Thank you for the kind words but I'm an eternal student, always trying to learn from others...

Mike Phillips

I have more pictures taken with my Canon work Camera, many by Fred also, but I'm going to get some pictures up from the Advanced Wetsanding, Cutting and Buffing Class that took place on Sunday here,

Pictures & Comments from January 30th Detailing 102 Class

Takes a little time to go through the pictures, pick out the best shots, crop, resizes, upload and insert...

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive results on that Taurus! Even more impressed with the one-armed guy working the Flex...
    Brian Fowler, Hernando, FL
    2008 Mustang Pony Package

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by MonoPed View Post
    Impressive results on that Taurus! Even more impressed with the one-armed guy working the Flex...
    He used every polisher there just like a Pro and made it look easy...

I was very impressed. Just goes to show you what you can do if you put your mind to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    He used every polisher there just like a Pro and made it look easy...

I was very impressed. Just goes to show you what you can do if you put your mind to it.

A mind equipted with a rock solid mental comprehension of exacty what was happening and why. While a few people in the class had varying levels of experience. many of us were doing things for the first time and everyone did everything. While many people benefitted from the webcast you really need to be there to appreciate Mike's experience and style.
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The 101 class was an awesome experience, and the 102 class was even more awesome. It's amazing to see the people from the different walks of life, and locations of the U.S., come together with an interest in car detailing. I had a blast. It also goes to show how much I thought I knew about car detailing and how much I really did not know. I recommend the classes to anyone, no matter his/her expertise level. We all can learn something new and see how others do it too.

Thanks again Mike.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger Johnson View Post

The 101 class was an awesome experience, and the 102 class was even more awesome. It's amazing to see the people from the different walks of life, and locations of the U.S., come together with an interest in car detailing. I had a blast. It also goes to show how much I thought I knew about car detailing and how much I really did not know.

I recommend the classes to anyone, no matter his/her expertise level. We all can learn something new and see how others do it too.

Thanks again Mike.

Thanks for the kind words Roger... I'm still surprised and impressed at how far some people drove to be here...

I have over 200 pictures added to the Advanced Class thread here, and I have more pictures from Saturday's class to add to this thread, probably tomorrow...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast