autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures and Comments May 2021 3-Day Detailing Class

Pictures and Comments May 2021 3-Day Detailing Class

14 car detailed in 3 days

Here's the cars in the order they detailed. I don't have a picture of the Ford Focus ST but I'll get one...

2002 Lotus Esprit

1977 Lincoln

1992 Cadillac

1962 Corvette

1935 Hudson Terraplane Streetrod

1967 Ford Mustang GT350 Convertible

1970 BOSS Mustang

1971 Cutlass

1951 Fugly

1934 Ford 3-Window Coupe

2019 Ford F150

Here's the two wetsanding vehicles this class trained on. These were hand sanded, the cut with rotary polishers and then polished hologram and swirl free using orbital polishers.

Perfect results. Great job class!

Notice anything?

No chairs.

2. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures and Comments May 2021 3-Day Detailing Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

All look great. Especially the Lincoln. An acre of black paint with a white top and white interior.

Looking forward to tomorrow’s rescues.

Thanks.

PS: Or is it Navy Blue?

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures and Comments May 2021 3-Day Detailing Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

More...

Here's the graduating class for May 2021

5. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Prange liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures and Comments May 2021 3-Day Detailing Class

A fantastic experience with a great mix of people!

There were young professionals looking to start up their own business as well as established pros brushing up on the latest techniques and technology.

Then there were enthusiasts. Those simply looking to put their buddies DIY details to shame as well as those guys looking to pick it up part-time, but with an impending retirement, this is the "fun job" to keep busy have some "walking around money" as my dad would put it.

Truly an incredible opportunity to test hundreds of thousands of dollars of tools and chemicals that Mike and Autogeek have on hand.

Not to mention the hospitality that Mike, Andre, and Yancy showed was second to none.

I can't wait to do it again!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 34Chris View Post

A fantastic experience with a great mix of people!

There were young professionals looking to start up their own business as well as established pros brushing up on the latest techniques and technology.

Then there were enthusiasts. Those simply looking to put their buddies DIY details to shame as well as those guys looking to pick it up part-time, but with an impending retirement, this is the "fun job" to keep busy have some "walking around money" as my dad would put it.

Truly an incredible opportunity to test hundreds of thousands of dollars of tools and chemicals that Mike and Autogeek have on hand.
    Thank you for sharing the above. My classes cater to those just starting out to seasoned veterans and everyone in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by 34Chris View Post

I can't wait to do it again!

Hope to see you at a future class. Many people take my classes multiple times. There's always new tool, products and techniques to learn as well as cool cars to work on.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Prange View Post

All look great. Especially the Lincoln. An acre of black paint with a white top and white interior.

Looking forward to tomorrow’s rescues.

Thanks.

PS: Or is it Navy Blue?

It's a dark blue.

We used this Lincoln for the RUPES class. We found out it has the original single stage enamel paint. The RUPES DA System worked GREAT to remove decades of swirls, scratches, water spots and scouring by people rubbing on the car for unknown reasons.

The white vinyl top came out great too. We machine scrubbed it with 303 Multi Surface Cleaner and then applied 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Mike Phillips

More...

Here's a video review from Chris Racana, the Director of Success with Dr. Beasley's

Thank you for attending the class Chris, it was a genuine pleasure to meet and work with you. And thank you for the very honest review of the "style" of class I teach.

As you saw first hand, there were NO CHAIRS. Instead you and everyone that attended were able to get hands-on training using multiple, multiple tools, pads and products and of course hundreds of TECHNIQUES.

Here's the deal, sitting in a chair and looking at a Power Point Presentation while the Instructor talks about the pictures or text shown on the slide is GREAT!

I used to teach these types of classes. The thing is my classes went through an evolution. The more new products, tools and pads introduced to the market and thus into the Autogeek.com store - the less time I had for people to sit in chairs and look at a wall if I'm going to get all these things into your hands.

The ONLY way for the people to get hands on time with the tools, pads and products is by being on your feet using all the cools stuff on actual cars, not demo hoods.

Plus I find that the kind of people that are attracted to "Car Detailing" are also the kind of people that learn better by doing - not sitting in a chair.

Instead of having my class sit in chairs and look at PICTURES of tools, a pads or products and then we all talk about these things - I show you how to use them and then put these things in your hand and you learn by doing, not sitting.

So yeah, no chairs. Just on-your-feet, hands on training, hands on learning and hands-on real-world experience.

I start my classes ON TIME. And there are no breaks and only 15 to 20 minutes for lunch. Heck if I could cut lunch out I'd do it. You can eat on your own time. When I detail cars I don't take breaks and I don't stop to eat. I get in and get out.

I wouldn't change a thing about my classes.

If you like to sit in a chair when learning how to detail cars, best to find a different class.

10. Likes axel06 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This class was well worth the money!

I had an awesome experience, leaning hands on with the best tools on the market. This class really gives you a great foundation. Enjoyed networking with so many great people, that shared the craft of detailing.

I was very fortunate to have my Cutlass in the class, for production detailing. Car really looks awesome!

Thank you Mike and to all who help on the car!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse Pro View Post

This class was well worth the money!

I had an awesome experience, leaning hands on with the best tools on the market. This class really gives you a great foundation. Enjoyed networking with so many great people, that shared the craft of detailing.
    You're on your way to a successful detailing business!

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse Pro View Post

I was very fortunate to have my Cutlass in the class, for production detailing. Car really looks awesome!

Thank you Mike and to all who help on the car!
    It's a cool car and this was a GREAT class with high caliber people and the 10 VIP Guests from multiple brands in our industry.

Mike Phillips

This red colored soup you see in the washing machine is the red single stage paint washing out of about 30 buffing pads.

The fenders and vertical panels on this 1962 Corvette are single stage red paint. (the hood, roof and trunk lid are basecoat/clearcoat)

And the 1970 Boss Mustang had a modern single stage urethane paint on it.

14. Likes axel06 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast