autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures and Comments: 2021 February 3-Day Detailing Bootcamp Class

Another GREAT 3-day detailing class. This class detailed 14 cars in 3 days. Below I'll share the cars in the order they were detailed and the tools and/or process used.

When I have more time, I fill in the pads and chemicals used too...

Friday Morning - Short Stroke Polishers - IGL Compounds & Polishes - Buff & Shine Pads

1957 Corvette - Basecoat/Clearcoat

2013 Mustang Convertible

Friday Early Afternoon - RUPES Paint Polishing System - RUPES tools, pads and products

2018 Acura MDX

2020 Kia Soul

Friday Late Afternoon - Griot's BOSS Paint Polishing System - Griot's tools, pads and products

2019 Chevy Equinox

2005 Pontiac Aztek

PLUS before we started we had a full demonstration of the Dr. Color Chip System and also Sub-Surface Glass Polishing - Pictures to come...

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures & Comments: 2021 February 3-Day Detailing Bootcamp Class

More....

Saturday Morning - FLEX Tools - Dr. Beasley's NSP Primiers and Ceramic Coatings - Lake Country Buffing Pads

2018 Volvo

2019 Honda CRV

Saturday Early Afternoon - Free - 4 - All - Students choice of any orbital polisher + Dr. Beasely's Z1 and BLACKFIRE One Step

2005 Scion XB

1989 Dodge Ram Charger

Saturday Late Afternoon - Rotary Polishers plus Pinnacle Compounds, Polishes & Ceramic Coatings

2015 Dodge Ram 1500

1989 Ford F250

Mike Phillips

More....

Sunday Morning - Wetsanding by hand and machine plus Mike Phillips Scuff & Buff Technique

1963 Plymouth Fury Drag Car - Brand new basecoat/clearcoat paint job

1937 Ford Slantback Streetrod - Brand new single stage URETHANE paint job

After the wetsanding class we went over interior detailing including MyTee Hot Water Extractors, Tornador Car Cleaning Guns and Chief Steam Machines. Pictures to come later.

Mike Phillips

More...

Here's the graduating class for February 2021!

Apologies I have not filled in the names yet but I have a car to detail and have done before 5:00pm tonight and as I type it's 1:15pm

Thank you to Chris West for traveling all the way from California to Florida to share an abundance of wisdom when it comes to working with plastic trim!

More to come....

5. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

More....

Here’s the amazing Mr. Tony Pando with Dr. ColorChip sharing just how easy it is to get professional results for rock chip and scratch repair using the Dr. ColorChip System.

Thank you Tony for showing everyone how easy it is to get great results with Dr. ColorChip!

Mike Phillips

More....

Here’s the one and only Mr. Chris West WOWING the class with a miraculous restoration to the ugly faded plastic around the gas cap on a Pontiac Aztek using Solution Finish!

Thank you Chris!

8. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Chris Metcalf from FLEX Tools going over the complete collection of FLEX tools right before the class uses FLEX tools to learn paint correction and ceramic coatings.

Jim Lafeber aka Dr. Beasley’s - goes over his new NSP Primers and Ceramic Coatings before the class gets to use them on two training cars. Not demo hoods.

Thanks for being a part of this class Chris and Jim!

10. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Mike Phillips

More....

Originally, I had chairs and tables set-up in the garage for the students to sit in or place their stuff. And to show the students that was my original intention, I took these two pictures from different angle and inserted them into my Power Point Presentation and showed the students shortly after we started at 7:30am sharp.

But as I thought about it - because this class covers so many,

• Tools
    • Products
    • Pads
    • Techniques

There's simply no time to sit in chairs and the tables and chairs were simply going to be in the way. So I moved the tables out of the room and stacked the chairs off to the side for lunch. So did the students get to sit in some chairs?

Yes. For about 20 minutes each day for lunch.

Then instead of having tables and chairs set-up in the middle of the classroom taking up valuable education space - instead I parked one of the wetsanding cars in the middle of the room because it had scratches in the glass windshield. Before we started with the normal schedule of topics I explained glass polishing, demonstrated the technique and encouraged everyone through the course of the first two days to try their had at polishing glass.

This is me sharing the NUMBER ONE IMPORTANT THING about polishing glass to remove scratches. Knowing this ONE THING can save you both money, time and headaches.

I figured that over the course of the first two days that enough people would do some glass polishing that the D.A. Sanding marks on the driver's side plus the normal 58+ years of wear-n-tear (wiper marks), would get polished out of the glass.

Here's Hans working on the DA Sanding Marks we found on the driver's side of the windshield

We covered too many tools and techniques to include a DEDICATED time slot for polishing glass. By removing the tables and chairs and placing the 1963 Plymouth Fury Drag Car in the CENTER of the room, we were able to not only SOCIAL DISTANCE but make it convenient for people to try their hand at SUB-SURFACE glass polishing.

More pictures of this as I can get to it.

My classes? Hands on. If you want to sit in some chairs and look at the wall - that's okay with me but you'll need to take a different class.

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures and Comments: 2021 February 3-Day Detailing Bootcamp Class

More...

On Mondays after the 3-day class we conduct IDA Skills Validation Testing here at Autogeek.

Help me to congratulate Ray Tesar, Matthew Zydorczyk and Josh Lewis for taking and completing the IDA Phase II Skills Validation Test.

Congratulations everyone!

Ray Tesar

Matthew Zydorczyk - Solid Detailing

Josh Lewis - Lewis Auto Detailing Services

Mike Phillips

Continued....

As I type it's Friday early afternoon.

I've added as many pictures as I can get to at this time.

REQUEST

If you're reading this thread and attended the class as a student, vendor or guest, I would really appreciate it if you could post to this thread and share your experience and thoughts about the class. The pace of the class, the volume of tools, techniques, products you were able to use and even the volume of cars you were able to train on.

Joining the forum is no more difficult than creating an Amazon account. You need to do the normal things like choose a forum nickname, type in a password, an e-mail, your zip code etc. Then click submit. Then go to your inbox or spam folder and look for the verification e-mail that has a verification LINK inside it and click on it.

I need to approve new accounts so if you don't get an e-mail instantly that says your account is approved it's because I'm in the garage detailing a car. I believe a good instructor leads by example - so yeah - I practice what I preach.

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline.net car detailing discussion forum - THE best forum on the Internet

If you need help, you all have my cell phone. Call me.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast