autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments: 2021 February 3-Day Detailing Bootcamp Class

Glad I took this class.it was exactly what I needed to progress my skills in detailing.Also it was my first time using a rotary and applying ceramic coating.thanks mike phillips for giving me the edge on the competition in my area!!!

Jamal

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures and Comments: 2021 February 3-Day Detailing Bootcamp Class

Mike's Detailing Boot Camp is pretty appropriately named... After 3 long days of fast paced training, I was ready for vacation

Can't thank Mike and his training staff enough for an incredible learning experience! My son Kyle and I took the Boat detailing class last year and needed this Boot Camp to push our skills to the next level. Next step, IDA Skills Validation.

Congratulations Ray, Matt, and Josh! You guys earned it!

Rod G

3. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike's class was exactly what I was looking for, all hands on and no sitting at a desk.

All the different brands of equipment and product to use and test certainly helped in determining what I want to get for my shop. I would highly recommend this class to anyone who wants to either start their own detailing business or expand their skills at their current position.

Mike

5. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 6M Mike View Post

Mike's class was exactly what I was looking for, all hands on and no sitting at a desk.
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the class.

To be honest, if I shared LESS tools, LESS products and LESS techniques, (remember how I set the 1963 Plymouth Fury up in the MIDDLE of the class so everyone could try their hand at Sub-Surface Glass Polishing), then there would be plenty of time to sit in some chairs and look at the wall. (look at the wall means look at a Power Point)

And I used to teach this type of class when I worked for Meguiar's. The first 2-3 hours the class would sit in a classroom (chairs and tables), and learn about Meguiar's history and the 5-Step Paint Care Cycle. Then out to the garage for a demo on the hood of a car.

When I came to Autogeek, unlike showcasing ONE brand and basically ONE tool - I had the pleasure of showing all the tools and various brands carried on the AG Store. Then as time went by and more tools were INVENTED - Autogeek added the tools to the store (as well as pads and products), and I kept adding all these things to the classes. Pretty soon - there's simply no time to sit around in chairs.

I also find that the type of people that are attracted to the physical work known as car detailing - are also the type of people that learn better by DOING versus sitting in a chair looking at the wall.

And that's the nutshell version of why my classes are all hands-on, no chairs.

And this is also why you were able to detail 14 cars over the course of 3 days including wetsanding a bona fide streetrod and a real-deal muscle car.

Quote Originally Posted by 6M Mike View Post

All the different brands of equipment and product to use and test certainly helped in determining what I want to get for my shop. I would highly recommend this class to anyone who wants to either start their own detailing business or expand their skills at their current position.

Mike

Thank you for trusting in my name and the Autogeek name when choosing a car detailing class. I know you have other options and I appreciate your trust.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, sorry for the late post. But I just wanted to thank you both for your time and knowledge.

I was one of your students for this class and I had an amazing time. I have been detailing for close to 9 years and the amount of new information and techniques I learned was insane. It was truly a pleasure to take this class. The amount of hands on time with different tools and different products was exactly what a class like this needs. In a business that involves using your hands, a class that is hands on is perfect.

I enjoyed how helpful you were during the class. Constantly walking around seeing if anyone needed any assistance and checking to make sure people are performing well. You were always answering everyone's questions.

Another big pro to the class was the different reps from the different companies. With a class of 20 people or more it was nice having other knowledgeable guys there to answer questions if you were assisting someone else.

The structure of the class was also nice starting with what I would call easier tools to use and then moving onto the ones that require a little more skill. I really enjoyed the free for all portion of the class, because it gave us the opportunity to revisit the tools that we really enjoyed using.

Also, never once did you try to promote one company or product over the other out of the ones we had available to us. I know you said a few times you wish you had more exciting cars instead of normal everyday cars. But I enjoyed doing the normal cars, because it was more realistic for my business since I'm not doing a lot of classic cars.

For those of you reading this thread and wondering if the class is worth it. The answer is yes, 1000 times yes. There's no comparison to watching YouTube videos or reading the forums to actual hands on with different cars and different tools. I'm taking away from videos and forums, I believe they have their place. But to truly learn and refine your skills, there's no replacement for hands on learning.

So again thank you Mike, I appreciate all that you've done and continue to do. And sorry if I was a little all over the place, as writing was never my strong subject haha.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Cameruski View Post

And sorry if I was a little all over the place, as writing was never my strong subject haha.
    I'm just grateful you took the time to share your first-hand experience about the class. I'm sure others will find this testimony/review helpful as they decide to take a class in the future.

And after taking the class... now you see why there's no chairs.... there's simply no time to sit if you want to work with so many tools and products.

Thank you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123