autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments: 2021 February 3-Day Detailing Bootcamp Class

If anyone is looking to improve their detailing skills, I suggest you attend Mike's training class.

Mike and Andre had the Autogeek Garage neatly setup to accommodate the students for the 3-Day Bootcamp. We were able to use all the equipment in the garage; polishers, pads, compounds, lights, air tools, steamers, hot water extractors, etc.

I had never picked up a rotary polisher before the class but with Mike's instruction I was able to wet sand out orange peel, get those sanding marks out with the rotary, and finish with a DA. Great experience!

I also want to give a shout out to the vendors who showcased their products and assisted with instruction; Dr. Beasley's, FLEX, Solution Finish, Griots, Lake Country, IGL and Dr. ColorChip.

2. Likes NCCCOCrane liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by PaveFE View Post

Mike and Andre had the Autogeek Garage neatly setup to accommodate the students for the 3-Day Bootcamp. We were able to use all the equipment in the garage; polishers, pads, compounds, lights, air tools, steamers, hot water extractors, etc.
    Hi Robert,

Thanks for sharing your experience, means a lot to me. Sorry there were no tables and chairs.

I had never picked up a rotary polisher before the class but with Mike's instruction I was able to wet sand out orange peel, get those sanding marks out with the rotary, and finish with a DA.

Great experience!

Wetsanding by hand and machine and using a rotary buffer requires the highest degree of skill out of ALL the techniques in the world of car detailing and you and the rest of the class did amazing work!

I also want to give a shout out to the vendors who showcased their products and assisted with instruction; Dr. Beasley's, FLEX, Solution Finish, Griots, Lake Country, IGL and Dr. ColorChip.
    I agree. It's really great that all of these vendors were willing to invest their time and resources to help make this an incredible training class.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures and Comments: 2021 February 3-Day Detailing Bootcamp Class

Mike,
    Thanks for an awesome class! It was everything I was hoping it would be. As a DIY-er, I got to try tools and techniques that were new to me plus refine things I already knew.

At one point, you polled the class to ask why we'd signed up for *your* class. I thought about that, and my answer is, why wouldn't anyone take this class from you? In my mind, your visibility and involvement in the detailing community, plus your honest, no-BS reviews and teachings is why we should learn from you. To me, those things give you instant credibility and that's important to me.

Thanks again, and I'm already planning out my spring detail work on some family vehicles!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone asked me on Day 1 about the "vegan leather" seat material in Teslas. This material is from a company called Ultrafabrics. I think the seat material is their "Ultraleather" product. Anyway, cleaning instructions are here and recommended cleaners are here.

HTH,
    Jonathan

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by coredump4 View Post

Someone asked me on Day 1 about the "vegan leather" seat material in Teslas.

This material is from a company called Ultrafabrics. I think the seat material is their "Ultraleather" product.

Jonathan

Thanks for sharing this information Jonathan. I did a little research and reading and came to the conclusion that Ultraleather is in fact polyurethane synthetic.

It's great that the company also gives definitive recommendations for cleaning products.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by coredump4 View Post

Mike,
    Thanks for an awesome class! It was everything I was hoping it would be. As a DIY-er, I got to try tools and techniques that were new to me plus refine things I already knew.
    Hi Johnathan,

I'm glad to hear the class met your expectations. I'm also thankful that you shared you're an enthusiast detailer, not a professional.

I think some people think these classes are only for professionals but that's simply not the case. They are open to everyone of all backgrounds.

Also - you did a LOT of the sanding and buffing on the front clip of the 1937 Ford Slantback. I just created a dedicated thread with the final result pictures here,

Scuff and Buff Wetsanding Technique - 1937 Ford Slantback Streetrod - Single Stage Urethane

Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

This class absolutely rocked!

I attended as an industry rep for IGL with Marcus. I can tell you as a professional detailer that I learned a lot from Mike, as well as the other industry reps who were there and showcased there products.

Dr. Color chip was absolutely incredible at hiding your daily driver stone chips!

Jason from Lake Country pads was a wealth of knowledge on pad selection.

If you can find a better group of industry professionals that are willing to share there knowledge and experience with you 1 on 1 for 3 days in a hands on class please let me know!

9. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by NCCCOCrane View Post

This class absolutely rocked!

Thank you Russel!

Markus and you made a great team! I know everyone appreciated your help and the information you passed on.

Mike Phillips

More...

The owners of the Volvo sent me this thank you note, thought I would share it here,

Thank you Marge and Chris for trusting in the good name of Autogeek to take care of your baby!

And I'm just a Blue Collar Working Class Dog - Woof woof!

12. Likes Thomkirby, coredump4 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad, I took this class.

It's exactly what I needed to progress my skills to the next level.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast