autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: Paint Correction - Ceramic Coatings Class - Autogeek - February 2020 - 100% Hands On Training

***Placeholder****

For the testimony video.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: Paint Correction - Ceramic Coatings Class - Autogeek - February 2020 - 100% Hands On Training

Mike,

Thank you!!! You made the class enjoyable and made every single minute count from beginning to end each day.

Having had the opportunity to learn from you, a true professional with a wealth of knowledge was priceless. You taught us the proper techniques (hands-on) on using the various tools and products in order to achieve the ultimate goal, a beautiful finish.

The overall conditions, shapes and lines were all different in their own way giving us the opportunity to work on just about every conceivable angle edges and surfaces we may encounter.

All the different tools, for example, the different FLEX, GRIOTS, RUPES were all great machines and easy to use, thanks to you. The different products as you cited above were great and each performed outstanding.

I can honestly say, my confidence now compared to before attending your class is off the charts.

I can't thank you and your team enough for 3 very productive days working on incredible cars, well, except for the rental. LOL

Freddy

3. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, DMDLLC, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by freddygr View Post

Mike,

Thank you!!! You made the class enjoyable and made every single minute count from beginning to end each day.

Having had the opportunity to learn from you, a true professional with a wealth of knowledge was priceless. You taught us the proper techniques (hands-on) on using the various tools and products in order to achieve the ultimate goal, a beautiful finish.

The overall conditions, shapes and lines were all different in their own way giving us the opportunity to work on just about every conceivable angle edges and surfaces we may encounter.

All the different tools, for example, the different FLEX, GRIOTS, RUPES were all great machines and easy to use, thanks to you. The different products as you cited above were great and each performed outstanding.

Thanks for sharing your real-world feedback about the class Freddy. I work incredibly hard before the class starts at getting GREAT cars for my class to train on. It takes a few days to STAGE all the tools, pads and products in an orderly fashion to enable you, the rest of the class and even myself to transition from one set of cars to the next set of cars so everyone gets the MAXIMUM amount of "Tool Time" as we go through all the different tools and techniques.

I'm confident there is simply now other class on Planet Earth like the classes I teach. Best of all, my classes attract super high caliber people like yourself and the rest of the people that attended this class and any class I teach.

I can honestly say, my confidence now compared to before attending your class is off the charts.
    Good to hear as that is my primary goal, that is to impart knowledge (my brain dump), and the skills you'll use the rest of your life to detail cars better, faster and more profitable.

I can't thank you and your team enough for 3 very productive days working on incredible cars,
    Thank you for sharing. It truly is a team effort here at Autogeek. AND what would I do without Andre's help?

well, except for the rental. LOL

Freddy

For everyone else, what Freddy is talking about is the Chevy Spark "Rental Car" that the class wetsanded by hand and by machine to remove the factory orange peel and create a true, swirl-free show car finish. (along with the 1983 Chevy El Camino with a fresh, custom paint job)

I'm off today and in a little while headed to the pool to relax and recharge my batteries after a 3 days of intense training, followed by a full day of IDA SV Testing.

Thanks bud, I appreciate you joining the forum to share your feedback.

Mike Phillips

First day back to work since the class last weekend.

Monday was IDA SV Testing

Tuesday was Pool Time.

Wednesday, (today) was catch-up with all the paperwork that takes place behind the scenes.

I did however, just now post the pictures from the Certification Awards Ceremony on the first page of this thread.

See post #3

More tomorrow and Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

My Review for the 3-day detailing bootcamp class

My name is Don Ford and I took the 3-day Autogeek Detailing Boot camp instructed by Mike Phillips in February of 2020.

I want to share my thoughts on the course as I found it to be truly an exceptional experience. Quickly though, I’d like to share a little about myself and why I chose to seek auto detail training.

I am currently in the midst of officially starting up my company Dream Machine Detailing, LLC in Milwaukee Wisconsin. I have many years of detailing experience as a hobbyist, but wanted to take a class to help me feel more confident in my progression as a professional. I still need to put in my 10,000 hours, but detail training for me was a no-brainer for starting a new venture.

I grew up loving cars and motorcycles thanks to my Dad. Being a gear-head I’ve always appreciated and enjoyed keeping my vehicles clean. It’s just one of the aspects of being a car owner that I’ve always enjoyed. I also love learning and doing things hands-on. This is what truly appealed to me about the Autogeek course when I was looking at options and it truly didn’t disappoint. More on that later…

I like to learn from those who have gone before me. I feel that wisdom is not wisdom unless it comes from experience. Mike has been at the forefront of the detailing industry for a long time.

My Dad and I would watch his product segments on “My Classic Car with Dennis Gage” back in the day and more recently as I seek information at a professional level I have regularly found Mike’s many articles thanks to Google.

When I saw he offered training classes I figured it would be dumb not to learn from one of the founders of the modern detailing industry.

So on to my review!

I would like to thank Mike Phillips, Markus Parsley, Andre and the Autogeek staff for conducting an absolutely phenomenal 3-day auto detailing educational extravaganza!

I was absolutely blown away by the amount of information I learned in 3 days. I was also blown away by Mike's energy, enthusiasm and true passion for teaching. He is an encyclopedia of vehicle reconditioning information and it was a true honor and privilege to learn from a master of his craft.

Mike's teaching style is incredibly engaging and straightforward. He leads by example and he made me feel comfortable and confident about what I was doing. I believe everyone in the class would agree that he kicked our butts and I enjoyed every minute of it.

As advertised, the class was hands-on.

Not only was it hands-on, be we got to detail 16 amazing cars that would make any car guy/gal weak in the knees. We had the privilege of working on a

2006 Ford GT
    2006 Bentley Flying Spur
    1969 Chevy Impala SS 409
    1965 Buick Riviera GS
    1965 Corvette Sting Ray
    and a 1969 Dodge Dart

just to name a few.

Working on real cars that were worth real money, made me want to be totally focused on learning and doing the job right.

Mike shared so much wisdom and knowledge in the 3 days I’m not even sure my brain has retained all of it, but thankfully I can refer to his book and many excellent articles.

Mike made the class fun and exciting and his enthusiasm was contagious. The best moments of the course where when the owners came to pick up the cars and we all got to see the looks on their faces. The feeling was amazing after putting all of that hard work in and seeing how truly brilliant the finishes looked on those cars. The cars were beaming and so were we.

It may be the first and last time I ever get to touch a 2006 Ford GT or a 1964 Chevy Impala SS. As Mike said they are Bucket List cars to work on.

Thank you once again for the privilege to work on such beautiful machines with an amazing cast of characters.

Cheers to Mike, Markus, Andre and the Autogeek staff! Expectations far and away exceeded. Anyone on the fence about taking this class, you would be stupid to pass up on this opportunity.

Do it. You’ll love it!

-Don Ford
    Dream Machine Detailing, LLC
    Welcome — Coming Soon

7. Likes mc2hill, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by DMDLLC View Post

My name is Don Ford and I took the 3-day Autogeek Detailing Boot camp instructed by Mike Phillips in February of 2020.

Mike's teaching style is incredibly engaging and straightforward. He leads by example and he made me feel comfortable and confident about what I was doing. I believe everyone in the class would agree that he kicked our butts and I enjoyed every minute of it.

As advertised, the class was “hands-on”.

Not only was it hands-on, be we got to detail 16 amazing cars that would make any car guy/gal weak in the knees. We had the privilege of working on a 2006 Ford GT, 2006 Bentley Flying Spur, 1969 Chevy Impala SS 409, 1965 Buick Riviera GS, 1965 Corvette Sting Ray and a 1969 Dodge Dart, just to name a few.

Working on real cars that were worth real money, made me want to be totally focused on learning and doing the job right.

Mike shared so much wisdom and knowledge in the 3 days I’m not even sure my brain has retained all of it, but thankfully I can refer to his book and many excellent articles.

Mike made the class fun and exciting and his enthusiasm was contagious.

Thank you Don for what I consider an accurate description of the way I teach my classes.

And as I advertised,

100% hands-on. No chairs - no sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by DMDLLC View Post

Anyone on the fence about taking this class, you would be stupid to pass up on this opportunity.

Do it. You’ll love it!

-Don Ford

I've never had anyone that has taken a class I taught regret it. Thank you for the recommendation.

9. Thanks DMDLLC thanked for this post
    Likes DMDLLC liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ultimate Class for Detailers and Car Enthusiasts.

I was looking for a class to advance my detailing skills as I am starting a business in this field. I searched the internet from top to bottom and couldn't find a class that offered more than Mike Phillips Detailing Boot Camp by site description.

Once I took the course my expectations were blown away with the number and types of cars we worked on, the amount of tools from different brands (Griot's, RUPES, Flex and more) we got to try, the assortment of chemicals, the techniques and the wonderful staff.

I was privileged to meet wonderful people (classmates) from all over the United States and some of the Caribbean Islands.

I cannot say enough about Mike Phillips as an instructor and a person. He conducted himself in a professional manner, taking the time to interact with each student and advise on techniques. He is a very down to earth person who just wants to have fun as he'll slip in some humor whenever he can. Mike gave the class a bonus having Markus Parsley from IGL teach us about ceramic coating.

This class was worth every penny and I would recommend anyone who can take it, to do so. I didn't want the class to end.

Thanks You Mike and the Autogeek Staff,

Armando
    Syndicate Auto Finish LLC

11. Likes DMDLLC, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SyndicateAutoFinish View Post
    The Ultimate Class for Detailers and Car Enthusiasts.

I was privileged to meet wonderful people (classmates) from all over the United States and some of the Caribbean Islands.

I cannot say enough about Mike Phillips as an instructor and a person. He conducted himself in a professional manner, taking the time to interact with each student and advise on techniques. He is a very down to earth person who just wants to have fun as he'll slip in some humor whenever he can. Mike gave the class a bonus having Markus Parsley from IGL teach us about ceramic coating.

This class was worth every penny and I would recommend anyone who can take it, to do so. I didn't want the class to end.

I couldn't agree more Armando! It was so cool to meet so many great people from all over. I believe I am having withdrawals since the class ended. I want to go back to the Autogeek garage and detail some more cool cars with Mike and the crew.

-Don
    Dream Machine Detailing, LLC

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

outstanding detail education course; highly recommend; thank you Mike and Andre for your hospitality and your help

Shawn D

14. Likes DMDLLC liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike for a great detailing education class; the course was fantastic and comprehensive; thanks to you and Andre for all your help

Shawn D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast