autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Dave Harris Photography - Just 2 cars from the May class!

Dave Harris Photography - Just 2 cars from the May class!

Dave Harris is a long time friend of mine and a consummate professional. He owns 2 car wash businesses, one in Colorado and one in Texas. He's attended my 3-day class here at Autogeek I think 5 times and sent multiple employees here for training over the years. That's a sign of authentic trust. Stay tuned for a video interview he did with Yancy while he was here for the May class just this last weekend.

Dave is also an incredibly great photographer. Here's 2 pictures of the FIRST two cars the may class detailed out of 12 cars in total.

This is the swirled-out 1941 Cadillac my class detailed. It now has a true show car finish.

Here's the 1947 Chevy Pick that was HEAVILY contaminated that my class removed the contamination and then created a true dripping wet-look finish.

Thanks Dave!

And just to note - these were the FIRST two cars my class trained on. They detailed a total of 6 cars the first day. These two car are magazine quality show cars except they needed professional detailing to make them right. The class started at 7:30am sharp and by 8:00am the class was working on these car. No sitting.

You always get the BEST training experience at our classes.

Next 3-day class here at Autogeek in Stuart if this coming September.

Mike Phillips Detailing Boot Camp - September 27th, 28th, & September 29th

Besides that you can catch one of our Roadshow Classes

Autogeek's Roadshow Detailing Classes - New Dates and Locations Scheduled!

See you at a future class!

2. Likes custmsprty, Aaryn NZ, PaulMys, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dave Harris Photography - Just 2 cars from the May class!

Nice!

Great pictures, just look at the depth in that Caddies paintwork!!!

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the Boot Camp I attended back in Jan 2015 had one of Dave’s folks there too. Megan???

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Nice!

Great pictures, just look at the depth in that Caddies paintwork!!!

I would say the 1941 Caddy was the most difficult to machine polish training car we had for this class followed by the 1947 Chevy.

At the Meet-n-Greet on Saturday night, I ask each person 3-4 questions. One of the questions is,

Out of the 10 cars you worked on... which car was your favorite?

Hands-down, the 1941 Cadillac was the favorite.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the Boot Camp I attended back in Jan 2015 had one of Dave’s folks there too. Megan???

Aaryn NZ.
    Correct. Dave Hamlin attended your class and he works for Dave Harris at his Colorado car wash and detail shop. Dave Hamilin has attended our 3-day class here in Stuart twice and attended our Roadshow class at their shop in Colorado.

Here's what the class used to detail these two cars,

Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital Polisher
    Pinnacle Waterless Wash
    Pinnacle Detailing Clay and Clay Lube
    Pinnacle Compound
    Pinnacle Polish
    Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax
    Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

They look like they have ceramic coatings but that my friends is good old school Carnaua Wax. And a lot of machine buffing.

5. Likes Aaryn NZ, mbkite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, that’s right - Dave Hamlin!

Good guy, is he an AGO member?

That a heck of a testimony for yourself Mike. Clearly Dave Harris sees your classes as a worthwhile investment to send so many staff members to attend, not only for his staff as Detailers but as a Businessman.

I would have to agree too. If I had staff, I could definitely see the benefits from doing so. Hats off to you my friend.

I think the results clearly show how much everyone enjoyed working on the Caddy, it truely is stunning!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Ahh, that’s right - Dave Hamlin!

Good guy, is he an AGO member?
    But like so many people that take my classes, he's just not a "forum guy".

That a heck of a testimony for yourself Mike. Clearly Dave Harris sees your classes as a worthwhile investment to send so many staff members to attend, not only for his staff as Detailers but as a Businessman.

I would have to agree too. If I had staff, I could definitely see the benefits from doing so. Hats off to you my friend.

Thanks Aaryn. Having attended one of these classes yourself you know exactly what they are like.

8. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post