autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: May 2019 Detailing Bootcamp Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

This was the best Class I've ever taken.

Mike Phillips puts his heart and soul making it worthwhile. I came because I'm an avid enthusiast and have 3 black cars. I tried showing my son how to detail and polish paint a couple of years ago and I learned in the detailing bootcamp just how many mistakes I was making.

The class is hands on and you get to experience so many machines/systems with the expert guidance of Mike Phillips and Andre. Mike does a brain dump.

Thanks also to the other students in the class, it was fun working with you all as a team to detail the 12 cars that we did!

Thanks Mike for a great class!

2. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by macsm5 View Post
    This was the best Class I've ever taken.

Mike Phillips puts his heart and soul making it worthwhile. I came because I'm an avid enthusiast and have 3 black cars. I tried showing my son how to detail and polish paint a couple of years ago and I learned in the detailing bootcamp just how many mistakes I was making.

The class is hands on and you get to experience so many machines/systems with the expert guidance of Mike Phillips and Andre. Mike does a brain dump.

Thanks also to the other students in the class, it was fun working with you all as a team to detail the 12 cars that we did!

Thanks Mike for a great class!

Hi Michael,

Thank you for attending the class. If I don't point this out no one will know, so let me share this about Michael. Michael live in San Francisco. that's 3000 miles away and just ONE WAY. It's actually 100% on the opposite side of Stuart, Florida.

And for those that don't fly a lot, there's really no EASY way to fly coast to coast. If you don't mind a red eye, the easiest and fastest way is a red eye flight from LAX to Fort Lauderdale and that's never any fun either. So besides the cost of airline tickets there's still hotel, rental car, meals on the road and the price of the class. Probably around $4000.00 give or take a few hundred dollars just to learn how to polish the paint on personal cars. So THANK YOU Michael for your trust in that after doing your research you felt you would be insured a great value for your hard earned money.

Michael was great in the class. He found out first thing on Friday morning, that if you stand next to me, not only do I make you my assistant, I make you share with the class the things I'm teaching in-the-moment. Here's a few pictures of Michael in-action in the class.

Working on the 1972 Mustang....

Which came out AMAZING!

Spraying SONAX Fallout Remover on a Jaguar

Working the BEAST on a Bentley Flying Spur!

And both of these cars came out absolutely AMAZING!

Machine SANDING some other guy's STREETROD! (this doesn't take place at any other detailing class)

Learning the way of the rotary buffer!

And it too came out freaking amazing!

So thank you Michael for attending the class and also thank you for joining our forum so you could share your experience. Facebook is convenient, but like a vapor, anything you share is there for a moment and then gone. Here on the forum, everything endures the test of time and can be easily found moving into the future.

4. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You can make money from this boot camp
    I forgot to add that 90% of people who took the class were either already detailing professionally (beefing up their skills) or were learning to open their own detailing business. Mike took the time to show how to run the business for profit with written materials outlining steps and forms to use in the business, how to get your first customers and build a solid base for consistent income. I decided to take the class when I had gone to a local detailer and asked how much he would charge to apply paint protection film and polish the paint in preparation for the ppf. I was shocked when he said he would charge $2800 to polish my newly repainted Tesla Model 3. Mike Phillips Detailing Boot Camp was a no brainer since I have a few too many vehicles that I want to keep looking nice. PLUS I can make some $$money$$ doing this part time if I wanted to.

Who would you want to learn from?
    I wanted to learn from the best and Mike has worked on a $30,000,000 car. That's another no brainer on who you want learn from. I always go with the Best. Kudos to Mike in how hard it must be to set up and teach (10 hours/day) for 3 days straight.

And shout out to the sponsors who sent out the gift box - 303, Blackfire, Wax Shop, Grit Guard

Pictures: May 2019 Detailing Bootcamp Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips-picture-1-1-2-jpgPictures: May 2019 Detailing Bootcamp Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips-picture-2-jpg

sorry couldn't get these pictures to rotate

6. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

You can make money from this boot camp

I forgot to add that 90% of people who took the class were either already detailing professionally (beefing up their skills) or were learning to open their own detailing business. Mike took the time to show how to run the business for profit with written materials outlining steps and forms to use in the business, how to get your first customers and build a solid base for consistent income.

I decided to take the class when I had gone to a local detailer and asked how much he would charge to apply paint protection film and polish the paint in preparation for the ppf. I was shocked when he said he would charge $2800 to polish my newly repainted Tesla Model 3.

Mike Phillips Detailing Boot Camp was a no brainer since I have a few too many vehicles that I want to keep looking nice. PLUS I can make some $$money$$ doing this part time if I wanted to.

This class was different than the normal class there were quite a few people in the class that were either,

1. Established Detailers
    2. New Detailers

Normally my classes are about 50/50 split

50% of the class are detailing for money, either established or getting into it.

50% of the class are taking the class simply to learn how to work on their own cars.

Who would you want to learn from?

I wanted to learn from the best and Mike has worked on a $30,000,000 car.

Here's that car, it's the 1925 Rolls-Royce Phantom I Jonckheere Coupe aka the Round Door Rolls

Here you can see the round door

And besides myself I put together a team of guys from Meguiar's plus a few old friends from my Meguiar's days in SoCal

Competition Ready Team - Episode 2
    This episode of Competition Ready was sponsored by Meguiar's and as such my Competition Ready was created drawing from trained experts that work for Meguiar's plus a few other professional detailers in the area. One of the things I make a personal practice is to give due credit where credit is due. In this case the majority of all the work performed on these cars was performed by the team you see below. I helped to dial in the process when I could and helped to work on the cars in-between shots but the majority of the work was performed by my team of carefully selected seasoned detailing professionals.

From left to right...
    Rick McDonough, Andy Wong, Derek Bemis, Nick Winn, David Sylican, Mike Pennington, Mike Phillips, Paul Cartegena, Ed Terwilliger, Richard Lin and Mike Stoops.

Not pictured but a member of this team is Joe Fernandez aka Superior Shine in the forum world.

More pictures and the rest of the story here,

The Round Door Rolls - Competition Ready TV on Velocity Channel

That's another no brainer on who you want learn from. I always go with the Best. Kudos to Mike in how hard it must be to set up and teach (10 hours/day) for 3 days straight.
    And as you learned, there simply is no sitting. Heck you guys busted out 6 cars the first day. And the amount of learning each person gained from working with so many tools simply cannot be replaced by sitting in a chair listening to someone talk.

People learn best by doing, not sitting in a chair - Mike Phillips

And shout out to the sponsors who sent out the gift box - 303, Blackfire, Wax Shop, Grit Guard

Here's your pictures and "YES" our sponsors are very generous!

Remember Michael, if you ever have any questions moving forward shoot me an e-mail or give me a call.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike, would it be ok to save and use the pics from class? Would like to add them to my business FB page I’m creating.
    Thanks for taking such great pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by rpms111 View Post
    Hi Mike, would it be ok to save and use the pics from class? Would like to add them to my business FB page I’m creating.
    Thanks for taking such great pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You bet!

10. Likes rpms111 liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234