autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures from the May 2019 Detailing Bootcamp Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

Continued....

GLASS POLISHING

I think I'm the only guy that includes 2 types of glass polishing in all of my car detailing classes. When the class was washing cars the learned

Water Spot Glass Polishing

This is where you polish glass to remove road film, water spots and drizzle stains, which are things ON the glass.

Next I teach

Scratch Removal Glass Polishing

This is where you polish glass to remove wiper marks, pits and scratches that are IN the glass.

The difference is in the ABRASIVE TECHNOLOGY you use and the TIME and MANUAL LABOR required.

The 1954 Ford F100 wetsanding training vehicle had nasty wiper marks on the driver's side. So the class got first-hand knowledge and experience on how to make the scratches disappear.

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures from the May 2019 Detailing Bootcamp Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

Continued...

Scuff & Buff Wetsanding

The Mike Phillips method of safe wetsanding to knock down orange peel

I teach two styles of wetsanding in my classes.

1. Scuff & Buff Wetsanding
    2. Show Car Wetsanding

The below pictures show the Scuff & Buff Wetsanding Technique to a CUSTOM paint job on a local buddies 1954 Ford F100 Streetrod with a fresh custom paint job. As you can see in this picture, both styles are taking place at the same time. There's a reason for this and I explain it in my classes. Point being - this is a hands-on class and no one stands around with their hands in their pockets or worse - their hands on a desk while they sit in a chair.

Step 1: Scuff sanding

Hey Michael - you're supposed to be working by HAND.

Step 2: Use rotary buffer to remove sanding marks

Thank you to FLEX North America for donating 20 FLEX PE14 Rotary Polishers to Autogeek to support education for the detailing industry and sponsor our classes.

Step 3: Remove holograms and create a true swirl-free show car finish!

Thank you FLEX North America for donating over 20 FLEX 3401 and Flex XFE7-15 Finishers to support education for the detailing industry and sponsor our classes.

Hey Michael - you're supposed to be watching what you're doing not looking at Andre....

Results!

Incredible! Keep in mind most of these people have NEVER wetsanded before nor used a rotary buffer!

3. Likes axel06 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: May 2019 Detailing Bootcamp Class at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

More to come....

***Placeholder 10 ***

Mike Phillips

More to come....

***Placeholder 11 ***

Mike Phillips

More to come....

***Placeholder 12 ***

Mike Phillips

Continued....

The placeholder posts are for the rest of the pictures, which I'll get to on Monday.

If you've looked at even just the pictures showing how much you get to learn on the first day of any of our classes you have just seen more pictures than you can find for any other class on Planet Earth.

So if you want to take your skills and abilities to the highest level - get to one of our future classes.

Upcoming Classes at Autogeek!

Detailing Roadshow Classes for 2019
    Information - Dates - Locations

Currently we have 8 locations confirmed for our 2-day Roadshow Classes. As more classes are scheduled and confirmed they will be added to this list.

This is a 2-day class that covers both exterior detailing, interior detailing and wetsanding. Classes start at 7:30am sharp and end at 5:30pm - these are 10 hour classes where you're on our feet getting 100% hands-on training.

Price: $895.00

Early sign-up bonus - Sign-up 30 days before the date of the class and receive a $100.00 store credit at Autogeek.com

Call Andre to sign-up over the phone 1-800-869-3011 x244

June

Saturday, June 1st and Sunday, June 2nd <-- Info and link to sign-up
    Pro Reflection Detail Shop
    501 W Powell Lane Unit 208
    Austin, Texas 78753
    Host Website - ProReflection.com

Saturday, June 15th and Sunday, June 16th <-- Info and link to sign-up
    All in the Polish Detail Shop
    155 S Montezuma Castle HWY STE 5
    Camp Verde, Arizona 86322
    Host Website - AllinthePolishDetailing.com

Saturday, June 22nd and Sunday, June 23rd <-- Info and link to sign-up
    English Class – Guest Instructor Rigo Santana
    MiraCosta College
    1 Barnard Drive
    Oceanside, California 92056
    Host Website - miracosta.edu

Saturday, June 29th and Sunday, June 30th <-- Info and link to sign-up
    Spanish Class – Guest Translator Rigo Santana
    MiraCosta College
    1 Barnard Drive
    Oceanside, California 92056
    Host Website - miracosta.edu

July

Saturday, July 20th and Sunday, July 21st <-- Info and link to sign-up
    Kruse Museum
    5634 Co Rd 11A
    Auburn, IN 46706
    Host Website - krusemuseums.org

August

Saturday, August 24th and Sunday, August 25th <-- Info and link to sign-up
    Denver Auto Shield
    4211 South Natches Court Suite D
    Englewood, CO 80110
    Host Website - denverautoshield.com

September

Saturday, September 14th and Sunday, September 15th <-- Info and link to sign-up
    Detail Pro Shop
    6040 Glick Road
    Powell, OH 43065
    Host Website - detailproshop.com/

October

Saturday, October 12th and Sunday, October 13th <-- Info and link to sign-up
    Immaculate Paint Protection
    4224 Greenfield Road
    Bethlehem, PA 18017
    Host Website - immaculatepaintprotection.com

Questions?
    If you have any questions about the tools and topics covered on Saturday and Sunday please feel encouraged to call Andre or Mike

Andre - 1-800-869-3011 x244

Mike - 1-800-869-3011 x206

)

Mike Phillips

***Updated***

Over 300 pictures showing you what YOU get to do at our 3-day Detailing Bootcamp Class here at Autogeek in STuart, Florida.

The amount of hands-on time you get cannot be found anywhere else. If you want to truly learn the art and craft of car detailing then sign-up for our September class before it sells out.

Mike Phillips Detailing Boot Camp - September 27th, 28th, & September 29th

If you want to sit in a chair and look at a power point presentation followed by watching some guy do a demo on a hood - you'll have to attend one of those other classes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the pics! I loved the 2013/14 Mustang GT, the 1971 (my guess) Mustang and the 1955 (I don't think it's a 1956) Ford F100. Dig the Old Chevy P/U too. Looks like the class was a lot of fun! KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post

Thank you for the pics! I loved the 2013/14 Mustang GT, the 1971 (my guess) Mustang and the 1955 (I don't think it's a 1956) Ford F100.

Dig the Old Chevy P/U too. Looks like the class was a lot of fun! KEEP ON ROCKING!

Thanks! Takes a little time to make the pictures magically show-up on a forum. A monkey with a thumb and a smart phone can put a picture on Facebook.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great boot camp !!!!

As a machinist for 39 years I am all about details....And Mikes training was very ,very detailed information.

Mike answered every question I asked. So much training in three days, all with personal attention from Mike or his assistant Andre.

To have the opportunity to work on very high end vehicles was a once in a lifetime experience. So many tools, so many products with the chance to try them all. Incredible!!!

Mike Phillips class offers a lifetime of information in three fast paced day. Plus he is so nice you would want him as your neighbor.

BILLY WRAPS

12. Likes rpms111 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast