autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures & Comments from the September 2017 Competition Ready Detailing Class

Continued....

Detailing Class = Griot's BOSS System

Learn to detail like a BOSS!

Next up the class is going to learn the Griot's BOSS System! And for this class they are going to be training on TWO CORVETTES! One new school and one old school but both with basecoat/clearcoat paint jobs. The 2014 Hennessey Corvette has the FACTORY GM basecoat/clearcoat paint system and the 1962 Corvette has a customer basecoat/clearcoat paint system.

The big picture is that the techniques you learn at our classes are the same techniques you would use no matter what kind of car you work on or the year the car was made.

Action shots - all action shots....

The chairs on the other side are empty....

This is what a black 1962 Corvette should look like!

My class too 2 Corvettes that looked BAD and made them look BAD ASS!

Here's the class that made the magic happen!

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures & Comments from the September 2017 Competition Ready Detailing Class

Continued....

Besides learning the art of polishing paint, we cover DOZENS of other topics. The timing of the topic changes because the cars are always different for each class.

Here's an example,

Vinyl Convertible Top Cleaning and Protection

The 1962 Corvette had a dirty convertible top. So First thing on Friday morning, (the first day of the class), we washed the Corvette and went over the correct way to wash a vinyl top using 303 Aerospace products. While we went over short stroke oribital polishers, the Cyclo, the FLEX XFE7 and the Griot's Boss System, the top was of course dry and now ready to apply the 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Here's a few pictures again, showing that when you attend one of our classes you're out of your chair learning, not sitting and listening to someone drone on and on and on....

At our 3-Day detailing classes here at Autogeek you get to use all the top brands and this means you get real-world, hands on experience that will take your knowledge and skills to a higher level and this will stick with you the rest of your life. So when you need to correctly clean and protect a vinyl convertible top --- you will know what to do and how to do it right the first time.

Mike Phillips

Detail Class - RUPES BigFoot aka The RUPES Paint Correction System

Here at Autogeek, we teach the RUPES BigFoot tools, pads and products as a complete system. We share the RUPES paint correction system as the engineers designed all of the component to be used together and as such, when you attend one of our detailing classes you learn the pure RUPES system approach.

The RUPES paint polishing system works flawlessly as a system. Sure you can use their tools with other brands of pads and products but as a professional courtesy to RUPES and to all the students that take our classes since RUPES was introduced to the United States, we always show the brand as a system.

Here's one of the cars at a recent class that we used the RUPES BigFoot Paint Polishing System to remove all the swirls and scratches to create a true show car finish.

Mike Phillips

Continued.....

Detail Class - RUPES BigFoot aka The RUPES Paint Correction System

Here at Autogeek, we teach the RUPES BigFoot tools, pads and products as a complete system. We share the RUPES paint correction system as the engineers designed all of the component to be used together and as such, when you attend one of our detailing classes you learn the pure RUPES system approach.

The RUPES paint polishing system works flawlessly as a system. Sure you can use their tools with other brands of pads and products but as a professional courtesy to RUPES and to all the students that take our classes since RUPES was introduced to the United States, we always show the brand as a system.

Here's one of the cars at a recent class that we used the RUPES BigFoot Paint Polishing System to remove all the swirls and scratches to create a true show car finish.

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Mike Phillips

Continued....

And here are the results!

Mike Phillips

***Bump***

Need a clean URL

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who attends a 3-day class at Autogeek at $1,495.00?

Thanks for sharing Mike. As someone who just “graduated” from the most recent class, it was great to work, side-by-side, with others of various experience levels.

Since moving south and retiring , I had always said I would attend. I finally had the chance. The hours spent were hard work but fun and educational. I can speak for the folks in the class when I say using all the different machines was a thrill. I always wondered about using them and I can now say I have.

There were some folks in the class that had bought stuff but waited to use it so they could learn how to use the tools.

To hear Louise’s story is very cool.

Now, just gotta get thru Hurricane Michael so I can attend the boat class in February...LOL!

Big Thank you to you Mike, Andre, and Autogeek for making this happen for all of us.

Steve

Mike Phillips

Re: Who attends a 3-day class at Autogeek at $1,495.00?

Quote Originally Posted by firecorgi View Post

Thanks for sharing Mike. As someone who just “graduated” from the most recent class, it was great to work, side-by-side, with others of various experience levels.

Since moving south and retiring , I had always said I would attend. I finally had the chance. The hours spent were hard work but fun and educational. I can speak for the folks in the class when I say using all the different machines was a thrill. I always wondered about using them and I can now say I have.

There were some folks in the class that had bought stuff but waited to use it so they could learn how to use the tools.

To hear Louise’s story is very cool.

Now, just gotta get thru Hurricane Michael so I can attend the boat class in February...LOL!

Big Thank you to you Mike, Andre, and Autogeek for making this happen for all of us.

Steve

Apologies Steve - I just now found this feedback. So hard to stay caught-up with every post made to the forum.

I'm glad you liked the class, I try as hard as I can to make sure everyone that takes a class here at Autogeek gets ALL the hands-on time behind the various tools so they will know both what they don't like and what they do like. That saves you time and money moving forward.

And Louise's story? Incredible. And just goes to show that the format of our classes are tailored to both brand new newbies as well as seasoned professionals.

Hope you're doing great!

10. Thanks firecorgi thanked for this post
    Likes firecorgi liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12