autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Autogeeks Detailing Classes in Argentina!

Next up....

How to seal the paint

For this we're going to apply Pinnacle Black Label Synergy paste wax. First up a few tips on how to carefully apply a thin coat of wax over the surface....

Before wiping any wax off of any car it's important to both visually inspect your microfiber towels and then tactically inspect your microfiber towels and if any contaminants are discovered remove them or get a different microfiber towel.

Microfiber gloves make it easy to grip a microfiber towel plus if you touch the car you won't leave any fingerprints.

Time for hands-on experience...

Mike Phillips

Re: Autogeeks Detailing Classes in Argentina!

Final reults....

This new paint job started out with no D.O.I. at all because the top coat was mottled, that is it had a very textured surface.

D.O.I. = Distinction of Image - A mirror has 100% D.O.I.

After sanding with 3M Trizact, compounding with Blackfire SRC Compound, polishing with Blackfire SRC Finishing Polish and hand waxing with Pinnacle Black Label Synergy, reflections are clear and crisp like looking at a mirror.

The paint now has high D.O.I. which is what you want for a show car finish.

Final results...

I give all my students an A+ for this project.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire creates whiplash in Argentina! - Autogeek's Detailing Class in South America!

Wow that is absolutely incredible work guys! That Mustang turned out really well!

Almost seems as if you guys packed up the AG show car garage including the sink and made the trek to Argentina!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire creates whiplash in Argentina! - Autogeek's Detailing Class in South America!

Stunning!

For the work and for the car outcome, results speak from themselves.

What called more my attention was the fact I never saw a class where students are paying 200% (or more) attention to the teacher all the time. Review the pictures and notice the way they are looking at you.

Fact is, you're not just the best detailer, the most wise or a star only, you are an admirable person that exhales the passion for what you do. And that means detailing cars and showing people how to properly detail a car.

The experience achieved by Argentineans will last for life, and I will not stop saying this until I got a positive answer: BRAZIL!, Please!

Thanks for sharing this amazing class.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

...and a good time was had by all... Nice work guys.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post

That Mustang turned out really well!
    Thanks Mike, it was a challenge because the paint job was really bad. There was zero reflections in the paint.

Paint thickness measurements were uniform so we went for it.

Kind of like the 1971 New York Plymouth Fury Police Car we sanded and buffed in one of our recent detailing classes, these guys had never wet sanded a car before let alone machine damp sanded a car. So all things considered, this Mistsng CS put amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike your attention to details on this thread is as always outstanding.You should wright a book or three...ya know in your spare time!!!
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Post Thanks / Like

That was just beautiful. Not just the finished product, but the entire process. I am blown away by your dedication, Mike.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post

What called more my attention was the fact I never saw a class where students are paying 200% (or more) attention to the teacher all the time. Review the pictures and notice the way they are looking at you.
    These guys were serious, by that I mean they paid to be at the class and they were hungry to learn. Not only were they passionate about learning they were also so very polite throughout the 2-day course.

I haven't went through the Porsche pictures but for the Porrche we used the Rupes system, (tools, pads products), and then sealed with Black Label Diamond Paint Coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post

The experience achieved by Argentineans will last for life, and I will not stop saying this until I got a positive answer:

BRAZIL!, Please!

This first class in Argentina was a test run so we'll have to wait and see what's next but Brazil is on the short list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I haven't went through the Porsche pictures but for the Porrche we used the Rupes system, (tools, pads products), and then sealed with Black Label Diamond Paint Coating.

Can't wait to see what you guys did with the Porsche and how you accomplished it!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast