autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures - Allentown, Pennsylvania Roadshow Car Detailing Class

Quote Originally Posted by bugdrdean View Post

I just did not know if the class would be worth the price.
    I hear and read comments like the above once in a while, usually by an actual detailer, someone that is doing this for money.

I read what the class offered, watched a couple of Mike's videos, and decided to go for it. I am glad I did.

Everything you do is hands-on. I used tools and products that I never knew existed, nor how to properly use them.
    After teaching car detailing all my life now, I know, (not think), that people learn best by doing, not sitting in a chair listening to someone talk or by watching a person do something. Thus my classes are full-on, on your feet, hands-on from the time we start to the time we stop. There is no,

down time

Some people think my approach isn't balanced. I'm okay with that. Here's what I know. I cover more tool, more product and more techniques than any other class on Planet Earth - there is no time for down time. I also know, when someone has invested their money in attending one of my classes,

They want to do a LOT of STUFF!

Guaranteed. You will do a lot of stuff.

For everyone who takes this class, wear comfortable shoes. You do not sit down, and you will use every piece of equipment that Mike brings to the class. Well worth every penny spent.

Dean Minnich
    Pen Argyl, PA

Thanks Dean, I'm glad you attended, it was fun working with you.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Henry Williams here had a great time with Mike phillips and the roadshow class of Allentown PA.

I can't wait to be able to do another class. Lot of info in two day's was well worth it can't wait to do my first coating on my cars.

Thank you again Mike phillips and autogeek for a great time.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Henrymk7 View Post

Hi Henry Williams here had a great time with Mike phillips and the roadshow class of Allentown PA. I can't wait to be able to do another class.

Lot of info in two day's was well worth it can't wait to do my first coating on my cars.

Thank you again Mike phillips and autogeek for a great time.

Thanks for attending the class Henry, it was a pleasure to both meet you and work with you.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Snogard View Post

I’ve attended a couple of detailing classes within the last couple of years, but this class was by far the BEST class hands down!

Mike made sure that everyone that left that class knew what they were doing. I urge anyone who is looking to take this course or any course by Mike Phillips for that matter, to just do it!

It’s not a waste time or money like some other classes might be. I would know cause I’ve been to the shitty class, and wasted my time and money by going.

Trust me! You need to take one of his classes and you’ll finish a new person with a much higher skill set. Stop wasting time thinking about it and register today! You’ll be glad you did!

Thanks Richie!

It was a pleasure to meet you and work with you!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by wantzone View Post

Wanted to comment on the Allentown class that ended today.

This was an excellent class, our group detailed a total of 10 cars in two days.
    Thanks for sharing your review Bob. And as you discovered first-hand, the ONLY way a 2-day class could detail 10 cars in 20 LONG days is for everyone to be on their feet LEARNING by doing.

Mike Phillips was on point with all the information he taught us. Have been detailing friends, relatives and personal cars for several years. I learned quite a few time saving tips and new ways to approach detailing.
    Just like my writing, videos and TV work, I present ACCURATE information. These classes are the REAL DEAL.

You won't find someone trying to fake it until they make it SIMPLY because they have a job working for someone in the industry.

If your interested in detailing or want to learn more regarding detailing you would be a fool not to attend a Mike Phillips detailing class. He reviews chemicals, power tools and the best way to achieve professional results.
    Correct. We covered Show Car Detailing, in fact there's an emphasis on show car detailing, but I also cover Production Detailing. It's important to know both types and when to do one style over the other.

All the cars that were detailed reflected like glass.
    This is also accurate and correct. ALL the cars come out looking like show cars. And this happens at all my classes for the last 32 years. And the results are documented online since 2002 - NO ONE can prove these types of hands-on classes for so long with pictures that back up the claim.

The class covered everything from engine detailing, convertible top cleaning & care, the ability to use all the new cool tools in the detailing industry.
    These classes cover every topic listed on the Autogeek.com store page and here on the forum. It's a LOT to cover but completely doable as long as no one is sitting around in chairs.

Thanks for Bill hosting the event.

Bob

Yes - thank you Bill for hosting the class and for all the stellar hospitality.

Post Thanks / Like

Learn from the best!

Review

I attended Mikes class in Florida in 2015 and when I found that the roadshow class was going to be in my area I signed up immediately.

This class is 100 percent hands-on.

Every aspect of detailing is covered completely. This class is an absolute blast! Whether you are a professional detailer or a weekend warrior (like me) you will learn more in two days than you could in a year of "trial and error" detailing.

Mike's knowledge is unmatched and I greatly appreciate that he shares it so freely and completely. This class is a must for anyone that loves detailing!

Pros: Informative, intensive and an absolute blast!

Cons: The time just flies!

Thanks again for such a great experience!

Frank

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Paint chemical decontamination...

After washing the Buick in the above pictures, and this included,

SONAX Fallout Remover to chemically decontaminate the paint.
    Nanoskin Towels and Mitts to mechanically decontaminate the paint.
    BLACKFIRE Foam Soap to wash off normal loose dirt

After the above plus machine polishing the glass and cleaning the wheels and tires then I wash ONE HALF of the hood using Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash.

Here's the results....

Just to note - the car was completely washed FIRST and THEN I washed ONLY the driver's side of the hood with the Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash.

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash is NOT a miracle product to replace NORMAL washing, claying, polishing and waxing. You're supposed to do these things as a part of taking care of your car.

THEN when you do use this product - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash - it creates and maintains a hydrophobic surface and this provides,

1. Self-cleaning anytime it rains hard.
    2. Faster washing.
    3. Faster drying and easier drying using a car dryer.
    4. Excellent gloss and shine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123