autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures and Comments- Roadshow Class at The Wax Shop

More...

Just to share, one of the things I really like about all our classes is that they always attract what I call,

High Caliber People

I don't ever remember having anyone in my class that doesn't jump in head first and get their hands dirty.

Different types of learning

I understand people learn differently, for example some people learn best by listening to someone talk, looking at a picture in a power point presentation and writing down notes. I actually retain knowledge best when I take notes. It could be that maybe my class simply attracts people that learn best by DOING - not via these other 3 methods of information input.

Or maybe my class attracts ALL 4 types of people and learning styles and if that's the case, I apologize for the lack of chairs and classroom time.

2. Likes Reuben Brumby liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike for coming to The Wax Shop and teaching all of us a lot of tips and tricks you have learned over the years.

I would recommend your class to anyone. I have been detailing cars for 20 years, and I learned some new processes that I will continue to use throughout my career.

Whether your new to professional detailing or a car enthusiast you should find a class close to your area and make the investment. You will learn a lot about detailing and meet some great people in the industry.

4. Likes Reuben Brumby liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by jcozzie View Post

Thanks Mike for coming to The Wax Shop and teaching all of us a lot of tips and tricks you have learned over the years.
    It was a genuine pleasure to finally meet and work with you Jim. You guys run a 5-Star operation there at the Wax Shop!

Quote Originally Posted by jcozzie View Post

I would recommend your class to anyone. I have been detailing cars for 20 years, and I learned some new processes that I will continue to use throughout my career.
    What would you say was one of the more interesting tools or techniques we covered in the class?

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures and Comments- Roadshow Class at The Wax Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Different types of learning

I understand people learn differently, for example some people learn best by listening to someone talk, looking at a picture in a power point presentation and writing down notes. I actually retain knowledge best when I take notes. It could be that maybe my class simply attracts people that learn best by DOING - not via these other 3 methods of information input.

Or maybe my class attracts ALL 4 types of people and learning styles and if that's the case, I apologize for the lack of chairs and classroom time.

Different strokes for different folks I guess but for me, I’m just not an “academic” style learner. Plus it’s way more fun actually getting down & dirty with a real life experience experience.

In terms of say, a “newbie” taking a Mike Phillips class to get some time with all types of different tools in hand to perhaps make a decision on what tool to purchase, I cannot think of a better way to do so. The difference between sitting down listening to someone telling you how good a tool is compared to finding out with the tool in hand ACTUALLY using it as you intended to use it (& on some very cool cars I must say) is incomparable in my opinion.

A few years back I was almost about to hand over a BIG chunk of cash for a bicycle (I’m a sucker for a cool bike) & this wasn’t just a normal bicycle.

Now I read all about it, watched the YouTube videos, looked at all the pictures I could & walked around this thing a fair amount but BUT for some reason I decided to take it for a ride before handing over ALL my pocket money ...

I hated it! I wanted so much to love it but just plain hated it.

Just like polishers - sure there are many great tools on the market but some you will gel with better than others & it may not be the one you expect. You’re gonna figure that out in a Mike Phillips class for sure.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

7. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go team!

Crankin’ them out. Enjoy folks enjoy.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures and Comments- Roadshow Class at The Wax Shop

Intensive detailing session but I bet everyone had more than a lot of fun and walked away being even better at the craft than they were before.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234