autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: Autogeek’s Roadshow Class with PRAXIS Detailing in Auburn, Indiana

Continued....

FLEX Detailing Class

Next in this class it's time for the FLEX Power Tools Session. For the FLEX class we showcase SONAX compounds and polishes and Lake Country Force Hybrid Buffing Pads.

The cool thing out our classes is often times you'll be the first to get your hands on the newest tools being introduced to the market. For example, at this class I brought with me the new versions of the FLEX 3401.

NEW FLEX XCE 3401 Corded and Cordless Polishers!

Here's the NEW chassis design for the Corded and Cordless FLEX XCE 3401s

Note the ALUMINUM Head has been removed.

Production Design - Cordless FLEX XCE 3401

Here's the other new FLEX tool everyone has been waiting for! The FLEX XCE 10-8 125

This tool chassis is the same as the battery operated version. Note the aluminum shroud has been removed. This makes the tool lighter and reduces heat.

For the FLEX detailing class we're using two cars brought to the class by students attending the class.

2014 LEXUS GS 350

Here's Roger trying out the CBEAST! This is the new CORDLESS version of the FLEX XC 3401 VRG 8mm Gear-Driven Orbital Polisher.

Here's Mike and Ronnie working on the Lexus....

Mike is testing out the original FLEX 3401 aka the BEAST!

On the other side of the car Justin is testing out the Cordless 3401 aka the CBEAST!

Here's Mike, he started with the original 3401 and now he's using and also comparing it to the new cordless version, the CBEAST.

Here's Ronnie testing out the NEW corded version of the FLEX 3401, note the aluminum head is gone....

Here's Jamie testing out the original FLEX 3401

Now TJ is testing out the cordless BEAST....

Up on the front clip of the car, Mike is testing out the FLEX 3" Long Stroke Mini Polisher.

After compound the car using the gear-driven FLEX 3401 with SONAX CutMax and Lake Country pads the class then polished the paint using the FLEX Finisher, a 15mm free spinning random orbital polisher with SONAX EX 04-06 and Lake Country pads. Sorry, no pictures of this step.

Installing a Ceramic Coating
    For these two cars, the Lexus and the Corvette the class is going to install ceramic coatings. First they must chemically strip the paint. This is the extra step required for installing a coating that you normally don't have to do when applying a car wax or a synthetic sealant.

Here's Jamie installing BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Coating

Here's the results!

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: Autogeek’s Roadshow Class with PRAXIS Detailing in Auburn, Indiana

Continued....

While one half of the class worked on the Lexus the other half of the class worked on the 2009 Corvette. Same tools, pads and products for both cars.

Here's Armando using the FLEX 3401....

At the back of the Corvette is Dan and Jackson...

Up front is Mike on the driver's side....

And Luis, the owner of the Corvette is on the passenger side...

After compound the car using the gear-driven FLEX 3401 with SONAX CutMax and Lake Country pads the class then polished the paint using the FLEX Finisher, a 15mm free spinning random orbital polisher with SONAX EX 04-06 and Lake Country pads.

Here you can see Luis, Mike and in the very back, Jackson have all switched over to the white foam polishing pad to use with the SONAX EX 04-06 for the polishing step.

Installing a Ceramic Coating
    For these two cars, the Lexus and the Corvette the class is going to install ceramic coatings. First they must chemically strip the paint. This is the extra step required for installing a coating that you normally don't have to do when applying a car wax or a synthetic sealant.

Here's Joshua checking out the BLACKFIRE Paint Prep...

Here's Jackson carefully chemically stripping the paint.

Here's Luis up front installing a ceramic coating...

At the back, Jackson is testing out the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating.

And here are the results!

Mike Phillips

Continued....

And here's a group shot after finishing the FLEX Detailing Class

Nice work everyone!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mgshirey View Post

Mike,

Thanks for the Auburn/Praxis class. I learned a lot of new information and reviewed information from your videos. The class was awesome.

As an educator, this class was 100% engagement 100% of the time! I really liked using a variety of machines, equipment and tons and tons of products.
    Thanks Mike,

I love getting feedback from others that are also in the teaching industry, means a lot to me.

I wish I had taken this class 10 years earlier. I probably would have purchased some different equipment. I appreciated being coached by Mike on using the equipment.
    To me, one of the best aspects of our car detailing classes, (both the roadshow and the classes here in Stuart, Florida), is that YOU get to use so many different tools from different companies.

It's not like that at other classes. At other classes, you only use ONE BRAND of tools and usually only ONE BRAND of pads and products.

Considering that some tools are between $400.00 and $600.00 for JUST the tool, plus you'll need to buy matching pads and products, a person can easily spend $1000.00 getting into their first machine.

No problem if you end up LOVING the machine. But I meet a lot of people that spend this much money and end up NOT like the machine.

By taking our class FIRST - you get TONS of hands-on time with so many tools that by the end of the class you know 100% for sure which tools, pads and product you want to start investing in. $$$$$

And - no regrets. Sure the class costs money but when you have the confidence as to where to spend your money after the class plus the EDUCATION and hands-on experience on how to use the tools and products you're going to spend your money on, that's the strong benefit from taking the class. --> No guessing, no regrets.

Plus you know what your doing. I'd even say you know more than most dealers as my classes are INTENSE BRAIN DUMPS by yours truly.

Furthermore, there was no pressure to buy a particular product and Mike shared that one must pick the products for the project and what we like to use.

Very valuable information.

Excellent class. I dreamed of attending the classes in Florida and this one was 30 minutes from my house.

Thanks for attending Mike, it was a pleasure to meet you and work with you on so many cool cars.

Mike Phillips

***Bump***

For all the lurkers that visit this forum every day, look through the pictures in the 6 pages in this thread and you'll see zero chairs and lots of on-your-feet, hands on detailing which is hands-on training.

Just sayin....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RACLARK View Post
    Mike

I'd Had a Great Time and took in a Lot of info.

Meet a Lot Great People and made friends in the Process. Vast amount of Info was Shared, and a Great learning Experience.

Thank You so much for Your Time and to the Host Mike Liebing as well.

The Equipment Used was Great and Learn how To used Each One .

The Cars were of a vast varieties, and Learn how to make One, 100% Better then when we started , with Great People as a Team to make them look Great.

Thank You to the Team and to Both Mike's

Roger Clark

Quote Originally Posted by Huizar22190 View Post
    This class was awesome!

Always on my feet actually doing something productive. If you learn by doing I highly recommend this class.

A lot of information over 2 days was learned and the opportunity to try many different tools before deciding what I wanna buy.

Quote Originally Posted by bsbiochem View Post
    Mike,

Thank you for the amazing class! I am still sore from muscle groups I have not felt in years! Your approach to hands-on instruction is how I learn best and you are a great hands-on teacher.

I know you love "The Beast", but I thought it was too powerful for me.

You put together an excellent curriculum and a great team to learn with. Some of us walked in there with little experience and all of us walked away ready to detail our own cars.

In my opinion, this class should be a requirement for pro detailers so they know how to properly detail a car and speak with customers.

Thank you Praxis Detailing for hosting and providing some amazing & expensive cars for us to detail.

Regards,
    David Gutierrez
    Research and Development Lab Manager
    303® Products
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxis IN View Post
    Mike;

Thanks for making the trip to Auburn IN and taking time out from your life to enrich others; especially on the weekend.

You covered a lot of topics, products, machines and how to be successful while running a detailing business. Real world challenges and results.

We worked on barn finds to $400,000 collector cars in this class, not many people get that opportunity.

Hope to be on the tour next year again!

Thanks

Mike Liebing

Quote Originally Posted by OCDetailing77 View Post
    Hi Mike,

Thank you, for sharing so much knowledge. Your classes were as fun as they were educational.

Everyone loves the hands on approach vs sitting in classroom seats!

This detailing course offered a multitude of products and tools to physically test out, as well as the proper techniques in using them. All instructed by Mike Phillips!

The wet sanding tutorial and experience was my favorite. I also really enjoyed the Ceramic Coating.

I would recommend this course to anyone wanting to learn techniques, tips, products, and tools to keep their vehicles looking great.

Thank You Again!

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Exertion View Post
    I just got back home from the Auburn, IN auto detailing class.

What a class and what I learned will make my job easier in my detailing business. The class is hands on and Mike is hands on the entire class.

We worked on six cars the first day from washing to finish seal. I was exhausted but it was so worth it.

We got to experience different buffers, pads, towels products and techniques.

The second day we continued detailing and got more experience on show car detailing along with engine and interior cleaning.

Incredible class and worth every penny. I can’t wait to attend the boat detailing class In February.

Thanks Mike for everything.

-Joshua L.M Fitzgerald
    Mike,

Thanks for the Auburn/Praxis class. I learned a lot of new information and reviewed information from your videos. The class was awesome.

As an educator, this class was 100% engagement 100% of the time! I really liked using a variety of machines, equipment and tons and tons of products.

I wish I had taken this class 10 years earlier. I probably would have purchased some different equipment. I appreciated being coached by Mike on using the equipment. Furthermore, there was no pressure to buy a particular product and Mike shared that one must pick the products for the project and what we like to use.

Very valuable information.

Excellent class. I dreamed of attending the classes in Florida and this one was 30 minutes from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by EH View Post
    Hey Mike,

What a great class in Auburn! I've always dabbled in detailing my own cars, but never was 100% confident in what I was doing. Attending this past weekend 2 day class really boosted my confidence.

Using the different tools and products was great, but for me, having you looking over my shoulder and letting me know what I was doing right and what I was about to do wrong was worth the price of admission.

Sharing your years of experience and all your tips and tricks was priceless. I'm sure I'll attend another class in a couple years just to stay up on products and new techniques and tools.

I know it's a lot of work for you to put these classes on outside of the Auto Geek shop, so thank you for taking the time and effort to do it.

Until next time,

Eric
    Yes, thanks to Mike Phillips & Mike Liebing for a lot of effort to teach us detailing! I am ready to come back. My garage is not air conditioned nor do I have the tool selection and product selection that was at this class. It was fun to meet each of you and work beside you on projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenrobbie66 View Post
    Mike:

Thank you for the GREAT class!

I was a little nervous going into this, thinking I would be a little behind everyone else, but you structured the class in a way that targeted everyone -- no matter what the skill.

There was a lot of information to pack into 2 days, but you did it, and didn't let any of us slack! You did a great job of explaining all of the tools and products used, as well as all the proper steps and I now have the confidence to do my own car soon!

Highly recommend for any level!

Thank you!

Jennifer Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by MV2020 View Post
    I was a hobby detailer looking to learn the secrets of the industry and to remove the anxiety of ruining paint.

After attending the Auburn IN class I now have the confidence to work on any car. Mike gave us an assortment of tools and products to use hands on in the class. Mike gave the class 110% effort and he shared knowledge that is invaluable.

-Michael Velazquez
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Singh View Post
    I attended Roadshow Detailing class In Auburn Indiana.

It was amazing experience i never thought i will get hands on experience on all tools and so much we all did in two days though it was little tiresome. But at the end of day it made me more satisfied and accomplished.

Roadshow class cleared my doubts about detailing.

Mike is a nice trainer he pays attention on all students and handles every situation with patience.

Interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Mikes gone and he doesn’t teach classes for AG anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Is this event still held in Auburn?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Is this event still held in Auburn?
    The roadshow use to go to diffeeent shop’s around the country. Stopped before covid and then Mike left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Bosko liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456