autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 10 cars detailed in 2 days! Texas Roadshow Detailing Class!

Yep, pretty much like that with a few extra samples and a hat tossed in. Nice to see the convertible top kit for my Saturn Sky

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: 10 cars detailed in 2 days! Texas Roadshow Detailing Class!

Removing swirls out of a 1967 Pontiac GTO by Rick

Using the techniques taught by Mike in our class, I have detailed my 1967 GTO.

Now that I have experience with a wide range of products, I can purchase with confidence. The result was terrific. Many thanks to Mike for this class.

As Mike can attest, my GTO was covered with swirls and holograms. Mike said it was typical of what a body shop turns out.

I purchased the Flex XFE15 150 Cordless Orbital polisher (The Finisher)and used this process:

1. Washed using Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine
    2. Clayed
    3. Compounded with Sonax CutMax using Uro_Tech 7" Maroon Pads
    4. Polished with Sonax Perfect Finish using Lake Country 6.5" White Pads
    5. Surface cleaned with Black Fire Paint Prep.
    6. Applied Pinnacle Souveran Past Wax

I thought the GTO looked great before, now it absolutely awesome! The results are impressive! (at least to me)

Next, I plan to try out BLACKFIRE One Step on my 2015 Silverado

-Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10 cars detailed in 2 days!  Texas Roadshow Detailing Class!-close-up-jpg   10 cars detailed in 2 days!  Texas Roadshow Detailing Class!-1967-front-up-jpg   10 cars detailed in 2 days!  Texas Roadshow Detailing Class!-1967-front-left-jpg  

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 69385vette View Post

Using the techniques taught by Mike in our class, I have detailed my 1967 GTO.

As Mike can attest, my GTO was covered with swirls and holograms. Mike said it was typical of what a body shop turns out.

-Rick

Thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful 1967 GTO!

A couple comments for everyone that will read this thread into the future.

Rick is NOT a detailer and has no plans on becoming a detailer. He attended this class and invested the $895.00 cost of the class to learn how to detail his own car. I meet a lot of "car guys" that when talking about taking a detailing class they say,

I'm not a detailer

(this is why they don't think they should take the class)

And everyone has their own budget to enable them to decide if they can afford one of our classes or not but here's the deal, 60% of the people that take any of our classes are NOT detailers. They're like Rick. They simply want to learn how to detail their own cars and in most cases - they have something cool that's important to them that THEY want do the detailing. They either don't trust anyone else to work on their baby or they want the pride and satisfaction that comes from doing it themselves.

This was a 2-day class, Saturday and Sunday. I didn't know Rick had this car until Sunday when he drove it to the class. At lunch break, while the sun was directly overhead, I walked out with Rick to check out his GTO and of course, I inspected the paint.

The paint on this wicked cool 1967 GTO had the normal body shop quality results. This means the paint was not only completely filled with HOLOGRAMS caused by a rotary buffer... but they also left sanding marks everywhere in the paint.

A part of me felt bad for Rick because he bought what is probably his dream car only to find out as nice as it is - it has the normal hack work we all know is the norm for bodyshops, dealerships and even detail shops. But I also felt comforted because I knew by attending this class not only could he fix it, (and he did), but he'll move forward in life attending cars shows showing his GTO and sharing his story about learning to become a PRO DETAILER by attending this class.

Rick - I know I worked you hard... and everyone hard over the course of the 2 days. But like I said, you can sit and eat all you want after the class but while I have you in my class, you're going learn.

I now consider you a Pro Detailer - at least you've had REAL-WORLD training by taking the BEST and most hands-on class on Planet Earth and you have demonstrated your newly acquired skills and knowledge by easily removing the damage inflicted by others that are SUPPOSEDLY "professionals".

Mike Phillips

First thing Saturday morning we go over Extreme Car Washing

Not sure what else to call it but EXTREME car washing because we cover SO MANY tools, products and techniques. One thing for sure, after you take this class your cars will all come out cleaner, you'll reduce steps and any other detailing task you do will go faster.

Wet Wash Engine Detailing

Metro-Vac sponsors this class and I appreciate that. I would show this tool for blowing out engine compartments even if they didn't sponsor the class because it works so GREAT!

After engine detailing, then we start at the bottom, NOT the top.

Wheels and tires...

The car was sprayed down with SONAX Fallout Remover first and then foamed....

This Honda was one of the most extreme makeover at this class. She started out looking pretty good in the parking lot.

Here's the color changing effect when SONAX Fallout Remover chemically dissolves iron contamination and impacted fallout/pollution.

The classic 1966 Mercedes-Benz also was chemically decontaminated.

RaggTopp sponsors our class and I love showing my classes how to CORRECTLY clean and protect canvas tops using RaggTopp products.

Wheels and tires....

Here's Todd machine scrubbing the tires using the Cordless FLEX PE14

The ultimate way to get tires clean!

Here's Todd working on the wheels and tires on the Ford F150

Sandra foaming the Ford F150 and Kirby starting at the top and working down...

Kirby blowing the standing water off the vinyl tonneau cover using the Cordless FLEX Car Blower

303 sponsors this class and I'd show 303 products even if they didn't because they work so GREAT!

Here's Andrew machine scrubbing the 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner over the weathered plastic on the Chevy Avalanche

Brian machine scrubbing tires on the Avalanche...

Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner - they are not a sponsor but they should be.

Roberto came all the way to Texas from Puerto Rico to take this class!

Joel drive his 1988 Suburban to the class. It has the original single stage paint from the factory.

Topical Glass Polishing...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Here's Andrew machine scrubbing the 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner over the weathered plastic on the Chevy Avalanche

Shared here,

Trim Restore on 14 year old Xterra

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

First thing Saturday morning we go over Extreme Car Washing

Not sure what else to call it but EXTREME car washing because we cover SO MANY tools, products and techniques. One thing for sure, after you take this class your cars will all come out cleaner, you'll reduce steps and any other detailing task you do will go faster.

Here's Todd machine scrubbing the tires using the Cordless FLEX PE14

The ultimate way to get tires clean!

Brian machine scrubbing tires on the Avalanche...

Roberto came all the way to Texas from Puerto Rico to take this class!

Walking the talk....

The guys above at a Roadshow Detailing Class using the tools I talk about here,

Must Have Wheel Cleaning Brushes that make cleaning wheels fast and easy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123