autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments - Atlanta, Georgia Roadshow Class!

I can’t wait to try the C Beast Mike will you have it at a demo booth during Detail Fest ?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Renozx12 View Post

I can’t wait to try the C Beast Mike will you have it at a demo booth during Detail Fest ?

Yes.

I may have it handcuffed to my wrist to make sure it doesn't walk off.

3. Likes RamAirV1, Aaryn NZ, GTLM Race Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Thank you for packing up your detailing arsenal for a weekend of fun in Atlanta.

The class far exceeded my expectations and gave me the added confidence to take my personal detailing hobby to the next level and eventually detail on the side for extra cash flow as time permits.

Your patience in showing the class different techniques with the latest and greatest tools and products (Yes, the C-Beast is on my Christmas list) was invaluable. Your demonstration on things as simple as proper towel use, inspection, and care will save a ton of time and possible frustration on future detailing jobs.

Additionally, showing how different pads can produce vastly different results using the same product and displaying the proper way to hold and the correct amount of pressure to use on the polisher to generate optimal results are not something you can truly appreciate unless in a hands on situation like your class.

Your coverage and “teaching by doing” skills like wet sanding, glass polishing, convertible top care/maintenance, and various nano coating systems were all things I was curious about but had no way of learning without playing trial and error on my own car (not something I wanted to entertain).

I especially liked the way you taught how to assess what a detailing client truly expects out of a detail and how to meet both their final outcome and pricing expectations.

One of my most memorable highlights from Saturday was the 200k+ mile 2004 Honda Accord you found that was owned by the restaurant server who waited on your group for dinner Friday night. Every body panel had something wrong with it and I really don’t think the car had ever been washed or detailed in well over a decade. Bringing that car back to life with little effort and then seeing the owners reaction was absolutely priceless.

This class had plenty to teach anyone from a level of zero experience all the way to those who detail professionally for a living.

Now I need to start building a wish list of tools and products I used during your class to consume the next few months of paychecks!

You are an asset to the detailing community. Thank you for taking the time and energy to impart your knowledge on the rest of us.

Bart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks Diner, Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Diner, Aaryn NZ, JKDesign liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Offline for a few days - Atlanta, Georgia Roadshow Class!

Granted, a battery powered polisher won’t match the complete power of a corded polisher, but the CBEAST is still very impressive with plenty of power.

It was my favorite polisher that I used during this class. And now it’s on my wish list. T

hanks to Mike Phillips for allowing us to use this amazing tool.

7. Likes Diner, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SpursUp View Post

Granted, a battery powered polisher won’t match the complete power of a corded polisher, but the CBEAST is still very impressive with plenty of power.

It was my favorite polisher that I used during this class. And now it’s on my wish list. T

hanks to Mike Phillips for allowing us to use this amazing tool.

Hi Chris,

It was my pleasure to bring my personal Cordless FLEX 3401 to the Atlanta Roadshow Class to let everyone test out this new tool.

Besides using the CBEAST.... what else did you like about the class?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The class gave me a few tips & tricks to help with the skills that I already have (compounding, polishing, etc). It also showed me some things that I haven’t had the nerve to try yet. For example.
    - Using a hose to clean an engine. Now I know how to do it safely and I’m anxious to give it a try.
    - Wet Sanding - Now I know how to do it. And as Mike stated, “It’s good to learn something, so that you can understand that maybe you SHOULDN’T DO IT.” With the thin clear coat on factory vehicles, we should save Wet Sanding for custom, THICKER, paint jobs.
    Furthermore, I believe you will always learn tips & tricks from HANDS-ON instruction than you will from videos & books. Great class, I highly recommend it.

10. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Diner, Aaryn NZ, mc2hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Offline for a few days - Atlanta, Georgia Roadshow Class!

Quote Originally Posted by SpursUp View Post
    With the thin clear coat on factory vehicles, we should save Wet Sanding for rental cars.
    Fixed that sentence for you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Try to find any other class on Planet Earth that documents just how much you get to do with pictures like these. Try.

. . . . Yeeeaaah, so I did this.

I Google searched Detailing Classes Worldwide & came back with a few options. So disregarding the links to Your Classes Mike I clicked on every link on the first page . . . 35ish minutes later, after searching through each website for some real documentation be it photographically or written.

My findings - Combining everything I found on each different link regarding documentation of the classes offered, it safe to say that this thread on its own contains more documented information in writting & photographs about a detailing class by a long way! Just one thread!!!

Hats off to you Mr Phillips! What outstanding work you do & how spoilt we all are for your contributions to the detailing industry. Bravo!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

13. Likes JKDesign liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

. . . . Yeeeaaah, so I did this.

I Google searched Detailing Classes Worldwide & came back with a few options. So disregarding the links to Your Classes Mike I clicked on every link on the first page . . . 35ish minutes later, after searching through each website for some real documentation be it photographically or written.

My findings - Combining everything I found on each different link regarding documentation of the classes offered, it safe to say that this thread on its own contains more documented information in writting & photographs about a detailing class by a long way! Just one thread!!!

Hats off to you Mr Phillips! What outstanding work you do & how spoilt we all are for your contributions to the detailing industry. Bravo!

Aaryn NZ.

Thanks for taking the challenge Aaryn.

15. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

More pictures from the first day of this roadshow class.

After the class on 8mm free spinning polishers aka short stroke polishers next we go over the RUPES long Stroke Polishers.

We cover every and all topics - with the first class we covered Waterless Washing - now we cover techniques for Rinseless Washing.

Optimum No Rinse

This is actually a technique

After Washing we cover mechanical Decontamination using clay substitutes from Nanoskin and Griots Garage.

Documented hands-on classes!!!

17. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast