autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments - 2018 New Jersey Roadshow Detailing Class

had a blast!! cant wait for next year !!! such an awesome class thank you Mike ,Rahul, Andre

Post Thanks / Like

It was a real pleasure to attend the Autogeek NJ Roadshow!

I was somewhat nervous as I approached the facility. My business is a part time home based business where I clean between 3 and 4 dozen cars a year, sometimes more. I started to wonder if the class would be made up of highly skilled full timers looking to raise their skills to the "Ninja" level like Mike. I thought maybe people would think I was just "playing" with the business and not take me seriously. BOY WAS I WRONG! The class was made up of people with varying skill levels looking to increase their abilities to clean their own cars all the way up to the "Ninja" guys! I was happy to be in the middle!

My point is: Nobody should ever be intimidated to attend this class. Everybody on every level is welcome and will go home with skills and knowledge you won't get anywhere else. Mike and the staff treat everybody the same. If you want to learn, they are going out of their way to help you.

Like John Lee said in his post, Rahul at Shield and Shine has a beautiful facility. When I walked into the shop and saw all the different brands of polishing tools lined up for us, as well as all the supplies to go with it, I was smiling ear to ear because I knew I would never be able to experience anything like this any place else. The class is extremely well structured and help is available to you at every step.

Mike Phillips is the REAL DEAL. He is down to earth and genuinely concerned about every student in the class. You won't find anyone more knowledgeable and fun to be around. I always wanted to attend Detailfest but it was out of my reach.

This class was priced so reasonably that you would be crazy to miss it if Mike is anywhere near you in the future. Everybody received a "swag bag" with valuable goodies and three of Mike's books. There was a raffle and some people got even more valuable free stuff!

If you are serious about properly maintaining cars on any level, you need to be here!

3. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes m3nt0s, Diner, SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by axel06 View Post

had a blast!! cant wait for next year !!! such an awesome class thank you Mike ,Rahul, Andre

Hi Axel,

Great to see you again my friend, thank you for attending the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Feldman View Post

It was a real pleasure to attend the Autogeek NJ Roadshow!

I was somewhat nervous as I approached the facility. My business is a part time home based business where I clean between 3 and 4 dozen cars a year, sometimes more. I started to wonder if the class would be made up of highly skilled full timers looking to raise their skills to the "Ninja" level like Mike. I thought maybe people would think I was just "playing" with the business and not take me seriously. BOY WAS I WRONG! The class was made up of people with varying skill levels looking to increase their abilities to clean their own cars all the way up to the "Ninja" guys! I was happy to be in the middle!

My point is: Nobody should ever be intimidated to attend this class. Everybody on every level is welcome and will go home with skills and knowledge you won't get anywhere else. Mike and the staff treat everybody the same. If you want to learn, they are going out of their way to help you.

Like John Lee said in his post, Rahul at Shield and Shine has a beautiful facility. When I walked into the shop and saw all the different brands of polishing tools lined up for us, as well as all the supplies to go with it, I was smiling ear to ear because I knew I would never be able to experience anything like this any place else. The class is extremely well structured and help is available to you at every step.

Mike Phillips is the REAL DEAL. He is down to earth and genuinely concerned about every student in the class. You won't find anyone more knowledgeable and fun to be around. I always wanted to attend Detailfest but it was out of my reach.

This class was priced so reasonably that you would be crazy to miss it if Mike is anywhere near you in the future. Everybody received a "swag bag" with valuable goodies and three of Mike's books. There was a raffle and some people got even more valuable free stuff!

If you are serious about properly maintaining cars on any level, you need to be here!

Hi Bob,

Thank you for attending the class and just as important (to me), thank you for joining the forum and sharing your experience.

I meet people all the time, mostly on Facebook, that discount the value of a "real" hands-on detailing class. As you and the others that attended, there is value in a detailing class. I've never been to anyone else's class so I don't really know what they are like? What I do know is in the classes I teach I make sure everyone is up and moving and working and thus learning. I also do what I call a "brain dump" in my classes and share TONS of information I've gained over the decades.

So while some may not believe there's any value in a real detailing class, I know there is from the feedback shared by the people that attend our classes.

It was a genuine pleasure having you in the class and if there's anything I can ever do for you please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

It's natural to wonder if it is worth spending $1000 (well $500 now that they offer 1 day classes) for 2 days instruction on detailing. I wondered and so I took the $500 1 day option.

It's kind of like buying a TV... you always end up wanting one bigger than the one you took home, but never smaller.

I left the 1 day class wishing I was staying for the second day. Why?

Well, because the range of information offered was way more than I thought we would learn AND the class was close to 12 hours when it was said and done, BUT it was so well done that it left you yearning for more. Besides, the second day was going to use a whole new set of tools and another polishing system! I wanted that experience too!

Outside of the lessons, Mike is a great guy, filled with enthusiasm for what he does and the mood of the class was fun while educational!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post

It was a great time. Mike really does a fantastic job teaching detailing.

Attention to details is second to none.

And his crew was awesome, along with the folks at Shield and Sheen

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac3317 View Post

Great class, if you've ever wanted to learn from the best and have ever even considered taking the class you do it, you won't regret it.

Learned a ton, wish I stayed for both days. As soon as I got home I went to work on my daily driver, clayed it, used the Blackfire one step compound and had no concerns over what to do. Result came out great. Thanks again. Really enjoyed it.

BTW Mike wasn't kidding about time sitting in the chair. My feet were killing me the next day. A lot of time in the shop...working!

But I'm sure Mike wrote an "article" about it. (take the class-you'll know what I mean).

Thanks again to the entire crew.

Thank you! And you're correct, No Sitting is the re-occurring theme for all my classes.

People don't learn by sitting in a chair listening to someone talk. They learn by DOING!

Quote Originally Posted by m3nt0s View Post

The Roadshow Detailing Class was absolutely fantastic. I've been waiting for one of these to come to my area, and within 15 minutes of getting the email that it was happening, I signed up for both days without hesitation.

I have been an enthusiast detailer for a number of years, and have learned what I know about the detailing craft through various YouTube videos (many featuring Mike Phillips) and through these very forums (also, through Mike). While my skills have gotten better over time, I've had a great deal of trepidation when it came to abrasive detailing or anything that involved picking up an orbital machine spinning faster than my eye can see. Among my group of friends I am the "resident detailer" - they trust me with their cars, and I knew that I would have to expand my skill set at some point to make all of our cars better than ever.

Before the class even started, I received roughly a half dozen emails from Mike himself about a week in advance, informing the class of everything we would need to be ready the first morning. I was about 5 minutes early on day one, and could already tell this was going to be serious because I was pretty much the last person to arrive. The garage setup was incredible, with beautifully laid out products that looked like a detailer's shop dream (at least my dreams, anyway!)

Mike promised us from the get-go that we would get an incredible amount of hands-on time using tools and chemicals on cars. With approximately 22 hours of class time across both days, I can honestly say - when Mike says you get to be hands-on, he means you will get HANDS-ON!!!

I learned more in the 2 days of this class than I have in the last 2 years of scouring the internet.

Tips, tricks, methodology, fundamental skills, advanced techniques - Mike shares ALL of it with the class. He is 100% genuine, accessible, and open to any question. If you've seen Mike in his videos on YouTube or on Competition Ready, I can say that the guy you see online and on TV is the SAME guy you'll meet in person. The other class participants are also real enthusiasts - everyone is highly motivated and incredibly careful with the cars that are volunteered for the class. I would absolutely trust everyone with the surface of my car if another class were to come to my area!

Ultimately I came away from the class with a plethora of new skills that I can't wait to try out. Now I feel confident that I know how to detect and identify issues on the surface of a car, the proper way to safely and effectively handle serious tools, how to work on a variety of surfaces and materials, and how to appropriately communicate these skills to perspective clientele.

I was fortunate that Mike selected my friend's 2010 BMW 128i (white with black vinyl graphics) for one of the final 12 cars to be detailed over the weekend. The reception from the owner and his family has been outstanding - the car has gone quite some time since its last wash (much less wax or sealant). The owners and class participants were equally shocked upon seeing the car literally changing color after removing that heavy layer of road film!

Big thanks to Pete, Christy, Axel, and Andre for helping me with literally every question I came up with across both days. Working side by side with these folks is seriously fantastic! I hope anyone who takes these classes in the future has the chance to work with them.

Huge thanks to Autogeek, I'm loving the RUPES detailing belt and the swag from the #AGroadshowNJ contest. These tools are being put to the test this coming weekend!

Finally, special thanks to Rahul at Shield & Sheen for opening the doors to us so we could use (and hopefully not abuse!) his shop for the weekend. It's a great facility and he has a wealth of knowledge.

Looking forward to attending my next class, hopefully a 3-day class next time!

- John Lee

Wow John!

Now that's a well-written testimony sharing your experience.

Every year there seems to be more people offering some form of class but any class I'm teaching is going to be the REAL DEAL and by that I mean you're going to be out of your chair using the tools. Not sitting in a chair listening to me TALK about the tools or me demonstrating the tools - nope - it's all you.

Thank you everyone.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySal8273 View Post

It's natural to wonder if it is worth spending $1000 (well $500 now that they offer 1 day classes) for 2 days instruction on detailing. I wondered and so I took the $500 1 day option.

It's kind of like buying a TV... you always end up wanting one bigger than the one you took home, but never smaller.

I left the 1 day class wishing I was staying for the second day. Why?

Well, because the range of information offered was way more than I thought we would learn AND the class was close to 12 hours when it was said and done, BUT it was so well done that it left you yearning for more. Besides, the second day was going to use a whole new set of tools and another polishing system! I wanted that experience too!

Outside of the lessons, Mike is a great guy, filled with enthusiasm for what he does and the mood of the class was fun while educational!

Thank you for the testimony Jim.

The New Jersey Roadshow Class was really an over the top class. It had the most people and the coolest cars.

Thanks for chiming in buddy!

Mike Phillips

The picture of the Jaguar E-Type this classed machine polished shared here,

Come Meet Mike Phillips at the 303 Booth at the Mecum Auction in Kissimmee, Florida! Friday, January 10th and Saturday, January 11th

For 2 days at the Mecum Auction I saw hundreds of cool cars and these ARE they types of cars people get to train on when they attend any class I teach.

Just want to point this out since no one else will and I'm the only guy with the word "Instructor" by his name that brings these types of cars in for absolute strangers to machine compound and polish.

Unheard of in the car detailing industry outside of yours truly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123