autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Colorado Detailing Class with Mike Phillips at Autogeek

Hi there Mike & team!

It was really exciting to finally meet you in person, and be part of your two day road class. What an amazing and fun experience!

During this class, not only I reinforced my basic knowledge of the auto appearance skills and techniques, I also got a chance to broaden the spectrum by aquiring new skills:

- Glass compunding & Polishing
    - Paint coating and polymer protection
    - Advanced wet sanding techniques by hand and using machines.

However, the best part of all, is being able to pick Mike Phillips' brain, asking him questions, listneing to him presenting and sharing all the stories about so many situations and changes about the progression of the industry. And Mike does all that with a unique wit, and a great sense of humor!

My biggest take away points from mikes philosophy are the following:

- Know your basics!
    - It is all about "Abrasive" technology
    - Keep things simple and take care of your customers' cars!

This is my 3rd formal class, and it came after hundreds of both youtube hours and research efforts.

I definitely recommend this class for everyone who wants to deepen their understanding of the industry, correct any misconnects they may have been exposed to, or simply hang out with a true expert and learn from his 30 plus years of experience!!!

So, again, THANK YOU Mike for a fantastic class, and for the gifts you shared with us. I truly appreciate it!

Riad-

P.S. amongst the gifts that we received: Mike Phillips signed books...linking history to the story of detailing, and the auto appearance industry as a whole...talking about some intellectual value!!!

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by GrHead View Post
    Hi there Mike & team!

It was really exciting to finally meet you in person, and be part of your two day road class. What an amazing and fun experience!

I definitely recommend this class for everyone who wants to deepen their understanding of the industry, correct any misconnects they may have been exposed to, or simply hang out with a true expert and learn from his 30 plus years of experience!!!

So, again, THANK YOU Mike for a fantastic class, and for the gifts you shared with us. I truly appreciate it!

Riad-

Hi Riad,

Thank you so much for carving time out of your busy schedule to take the class and to also follow-up with posting your experience to this thread on our forum. I try hard to really pour myself into my classes and give 100% and in the class I asked if everyone could either send me their feedback via the e-mail thank you I sent everyone after the class or post their feedback to the forum - so I REALLY appreciate your taking the time to share your experience.

It was pleasure to meet and work with you as well as everyone that attended this class and if there's ever anything I can do for you please let me know...

4. Likes Diner liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a great time at this class.

I liked the the fact that it was in my home state. Not only did I save on travel, but I got to see all these different products in action here in Colorado where the climate is on the dry side. I liked being exposed to all the different products that are hard to experiment with when starting up a small detailing company due to budgetary constraints.

Not only the products on hand but also products talked about between the students as well. I totally came home from the class and bought a bunch of stuff and made a huge wish list of stuff I want to get soon.

One product I think everyone was impressed with was the Blackfire OneStep. I read Mike's write up on the forum here and can only agree with everything he says. Great stuff. It was also great to have the regional Gyeon rep at the class. A few of us had never done coatings and who better to learn from than him? I was pretty impressed with all the Gyeon products we used and am going to try them out on the wife's car.

Maybe the coolest thing for me was that Flex had given Mike apparently one of only two sets in the US of their new cordless models of their DA and finisher. He got them at SEMA mere days before the class and was more than willing to let us all try them out.

They are supposed to come out in March and I want em.

Of course it was awesome to get taught by Mike as well. He really is a master of his craft.

In a class this size, he literally gets hands on so you know if you are doing it right or not. And he's there to set you straight if you're wrong.

If you have the chance to attend one of the roadshow classes it is well worth your time and money.

Even if you've been to a class before, I have a feeling that no two classes are alike and you never know who or what will be there.

6. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Washmitt View Post
    I had a great time at this class.

I liked the the fact that it was in my home state. Not only did I save on travel, but I got to see all these different products in action here in Colorado where the climate is on the dry side. I liked being exposed to all the different products that are hard to experiment with when starting up a small detailing company due to budgetary constraints.

Not only the products on hand but also products talked about between the students as well. I totally came home from the class and bought a bunch of stuff and made a huge wish list of stuff I want to get soon.

One product I think everyone was impressed with was the Blackfire OneStep. I read Mike's write up on the forum here and can only agree with everything he says. Great stuff. It was also great to have the regional Gyeon rep at the class. A few of us had never done coatings and who better to learn from than him? I was pretty impressed with all the Gyeon products we used and am going to try them out on the wife's car.

Maybe the coolest thing for me was that Flex had given Mike apparently one of only two sets in the US of their new cordless models of their DA and finisher. He got them at SEMA mere days before the class and was more than willing to let us all try them out.

They are supposed to come out in March and I want em.

Of course it was awesome to get taught by Mike as well. He really is a master of his craft.

In a class this size, he literally gets hands on so you know if you are doing it right or not. And he's there to set you straight if you're wrong.

If you have the chance to attend one of the roadshow classes it is well worth your time and money.

Even if you've been to a class before, I have a feeling that no two classes are alike and you never know who or what will be there.

Thanks for the kind words John, I really appreciate it.

Sorry I just now found this post.... and I'm working towards posting the rest of the pictures from this class.

Also so much to do...

Post Thanks / Like

Mike
    I was wondering, what do you do with all the used products after your classes ? I notice when you show pics(which i enjoy) that everything on the tables are new. foam pads, towels, wax & polishing products,etc. just curious, as far as the classes wishing you guys traveled farther North. cars look fantastic ! thanks.
    Carlo

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by hmardown View Post

Mike

I was wondering, what do you do with all the used products after your classes ?

I notice when you show pics(which i enjoy) that everything on the tables are new. foam pads, towels, wax & polishing products,etc. just curious, as far as the classes wishing you guys traveled farther North. cars look fantastic !

thanks.

Carlo

Hi Carlo.

Great question. Also a question someone just asked me on my Facebook page. They wanted to know what I would do with the left over products from the Auburn, Indiana Class.

The answer is - we pack up everything and ship it back to Autogeek in Stuart, Florida.

1. I unpack the pallet of totes.
    2. Stage all the tools, products, pads and towels on tables.
    3. Wash all the dirty pads and towels.
    4. Re-fill all the bottles so they are full for the next class. <-- Here's your answer

I practice being a good steward of the company's resources.

Plus, by re-filling consumer size bottles from bulk packaging we are also good stewards of Planet Earth as we throw less plastic away.

Makes sense?

Good question - thank you for asking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12