autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures and comments: Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - February 6th, 2016

Continued....

Final results....

After wiping off the wax and also detailing the interior,

Here's the final results...

The owner was ecstatic!

Time to take her home...

Excellent work everyone!

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Certification Awards

After completion of the class, each student receives a framed certificate of completion. If you do a search on Google for hands-on boat detailing classes in the U.S.A or even the world, it's hard to find one that is as intense and hands-on as this class. At our classes you learn by doing, not watching and not sitting. You EARN your certificate. And when you leave here you'll know exactly what to do for any boat detailing project that comes your way.

Each student also receives a free copy of my book,

How to Detail Boats with Marine 31

Like mentioned previously, while this book showcases the Marine 31 line of premium quality boat detailing products, the actual techniques shared will work with any quality brand of products.

The index is 6 pagers long. The index is in-depth and the book is even more in-depth.

And of course, after the class I'm always happy to sign your copy.

Mike Phillips

Continued....

Our boats classes start early and except for a few short breaks and lunch, they are non-stop, fast-paced learning fun.

Andre Hile

I would be remiss if I didn't say thank you to and give credit to Andre Hile, my co-worker and assistant for these classes. Andre took Nick's place as Nick moved up the ladder here at Autogeek and is a top notch boat and car detailer himself. Andre makes sure everyone has everything they need including, extension cords, (plugged in too), tools, pads, microfiber towels, products etch.

Andre is an valuable asset in the class and later after the class should anyone want to order any of the tools, pads, products or supplies they used Andre is distinctly familiar with everything sold on Autogeek.com

Andre working a FLEX PE14 into tigh areas on the back of a 2000 Baja 232 Boss High Performacne Day Cruiser

And this is a self portrait shot Andre took of himself while taking all the pictures you've seen in this thread. He's also a pretty damned good photographer!

Thank you Andre!

Mike Phillips

Coming up in February....

Our boat detailing class is only held ONCE a year, typically after the Stuart Boat Show and before spring gets here. This year the class will be held on

Saturday, February 4th from 7:30am to 5:30pm

The class always fills up and a week or two before the class there's always a rush to try to get into the class. If you missed last years class then don't wait. Reserve your space today. To register for this class

Call Andre at

1-800-869-3011 x244

Or click the link below to sign-up online,

Click here to register online

The price of this one day class is $450.00 and this includes a full day of intense hands-on training on a real-world boat like you would find in the boat detailing business.

The class also includes,

• Donuts and coffee in the morning
    • Pizza lunch
    • Complimentary copy of How to Detail Boats with Marine 31, which is also the course manual for the class.

More information about the class here,

Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday February 4th, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful transformation Gentlemen!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by joecollectin View Post

Mike,

Are you going to post any more of the pictures from the class? Maybe I missed the thread but haven't seen any of the 1,000 pics that Andre took.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaliagent2001 View Post

Hey Mike sorry to bug but was wondering if there were any updates on the pictures and maybe what was used?

Summertime is approaching so want to make sure I have a game plan ha. A

s always thanks for your shared experiences and knowledge of the detailing game.

Hi guys,

So sorry for the delay but back when this class took place it's an incredibly busy time for everyone here at Autogeek. Besides January being our busiest month, February and March are also incredibly busy and besides all my Autogeek responsibilities we were also shooting episodes of our TV Show

Competition Ready

Thank you for your patience. Out of the 300+ pictures taken by Andrea, I've processed all the pictures that tell the story and have added them to this thread. Working with pictures for a forum is incredibly time consuming.

Anyone that has a Facebook page and a phone only needs a thumb to post a picture to Facebook.

It's not like that in the discussion forum world. I'd go as far as to say I'm the only "Instructor" that ever posts ANY pictures of their classes to the forum world as I can't find any from any other classes either car or boat.

And the thing about Facebook is it's fleeting. That means what's posted to Facebook disappears off news feeds as more content is added and anything of value or substantial is almost impossible to ever find after just a day or two. That's not so with a real forum.

So thanks for your patience and remember if you ever have any questions about boat detailing or car detailing, I'm always willing to help...

mike.phillips@Autogeek.net

1-800-869-3011 x206

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on the boat guys!

I attended the first boat class held by Mike and I can tell you that it's a very hands-on class and you get to try out some of the best tools on the market.

Mike does a great job at teaching by precept and example and allowing everyone to work on the boat.

A lot of material is covered, such as how to wet sand, compound, polish, clean non-skid surfaces, seats, glass, etc, from bow to stern and port to starboard, including the engine.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 70fastback View Post

There used to be decals here, right?

Certainly no one put red decals on red paint...can't wait to see the afters of this area!!!

Yes, the impression is left from some type of graphics. It's called

Ghosting

We machine sanded this boat with Mirka Abralon and this removed the ghosting, at least to the point that it's almost impossible to detect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12