autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: 2021 Boat Detailing Class - SOLD OUT!

More....

Sunday - Second Day - Interior Boat Detailing & Restoration

On the second day, the class is TIRED! No matter - I start all my classes ON TIME!

After a brief re-cap of the day before it's time to get INTO the boats.

This is another reason I bring in HUGE dilapidated boats. With huge center consoles like you see in all the pictures from our boat detailing classes, there's plenty of work to do and plenty of space to do it.

The FLEX CORDLESS tools are always a HUGE hit at our boat detailing classes.

Every square inch of the boat gets cleaned and polished...

It's enough work and work-time to do the outside of the boat below the rub rail the first day. On the second day it's everything inside, the engines and everything above the rub rail.

When it's not too complicated we'll remove the windscreens and machine correct and polish them on tables. When it's complicated, we leave them in place.

Here's a corded FLEX PE14 with an extension and a Buff & Shine 4" wool pad for getting under and around the hand rail.

Both boats have outboard motors and the motors as well as the props are corrected and coated...

Damn near fill up the entire garage!

Huge boats means LOTS of hands-on training.

Here's another example of how an extension comes in hand for hard to reach areas...

Mike Phillips

More...

Here's Keith Duplessie using a cordless FLEX PE14 to machine scrub marine vinyl using Marine 31 Mildew Remover

Machine polishing the outboard engines with a variety of tools including the ORIGINAL FLEX BEAST!

And the new FLEX PiXiE or PXE-80

When it comes to cleaning molded-in non-skid... the cordless FLEX PE14 rotary polishers with brushes are the ONLY way to fly!

The motor is looking awesome!

We can no longer wash boats outside so I had to get creative when it came time to rinse the insides of the boats down.

Anytime we can remove vinyl seats and cushions we do as it's easier and more thorough to wash, scrub and clean outside of the boat.

These are the FLEX CBEASTS being used to machine scrub vinyl... anything is better than working by hand...

Mike Phillips

More....

Here are the results...

This boat is going home... just a lot cleaner and a heck of a lot shinier!

The CONCH27 has a acres of non-skid to clean and it all came out looking perfect!

IDA - International Detailing Association

At the end of the second day, Keith Duplessie holds a presentation for the IDA and Marine Certification plus recaps the class and holds a Q & A session.

And by the end of this second day I know I speak for everyone including Andre, Keith and myself plus the entire class - the boats are clean and shiny and we're BEAT!

Boat detailing is hard work, even in an air-conditioned garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome thread. After 2 days the class participants are beat. I hear you on this as it takes me almost3 full days ( using all Flex cordless) to clean up my Cobalt 242 ( and my shoulders are shot). This year coated with Gtech Marine ceramic top, let’s see how it holds up ( fresh water for only 4 months and out it comes, pretty short season)
    Attached Images Attached Images Pictures: 2021 Boat Detailing Class - SOLD OUT!-c77208f8-a7d7-4c66-b012-84af96f06ced-jpeg 
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post

Awesome thread.

Yeah, I prefer to share more pictures but there wasn't many pictures taken, so not much to share.

After 2 days the class participants are beat. I hear you on this as it takes me almost3 full days ( using all Flex cordless) to clean up my Cobalt 242 ( and my shoulders are shot).
    Boat detailing is a good workout for sure.

This year coated with Gtech Marine ceramic top, let’s see how it holds up ( fresh water for only 4 months and out it comes, pretty short season)
    GTechniq makes great products. I'm sure they will hold up just fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12