autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

A few pictures from our 2020 Boat and Car Detailing Classes at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

A few pictures from our 2020 Boat and Car Detailing Classes at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

>>>Click on image to see larger version<<<

Note: This was for the most part, the only time the class had time to sit. These are 100% hands-on training classes. If you want to take a class where you sit in chairs, you'll have to find a different class.

The way you can tell it's lunch time? See the lunch boxes on the table from Panera Bread?

Before and After

Click here to view the original image of 1024x768px.

Before and After

Here’s a before and after for the interior

Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class of 2020

3-Day Detailing Boot Camp Class

Friday - The class detailed 6 cars and went through 3 major brands of Tools

I had an EMT Emergency Medial Technician take a class about 4-5 years ago, he said in his profession he takes a LOT of classes each year. He said my car detailing class was the first class he attended that actually started at the advertized time. That stuck with me. Ever since then, not only do I make sure the class is properly prepared to start on time, I make sure I'm properly prepared to start on time. And to photo-document that I do in fact start on time, I take a picture showing the time on my watch with the students and the classroom in the background.

Large Cars - Bucket List Cars

I purposefully bring in HUGE cars because my classes are hands-on. In order for each student to get plenty of hand-on time behind the various tools, pads and products Autogeek sells, I need cars that provide a LOT of real-estate. I also like to bring in what I call Bucket-List cars, that is they kind of cars that will ensure the students have a GREAT experience. Most of the the time, this will be the first and last time these people will ever get to work on these types of cars.

First 2 cars

Behind the students is a 1964 Chevy Impala 409 Big Block Engine and 4-Speed Transmission. INCREDIBLY RARE. And Numbers Matching. In front of them is a 1965 Buick Riviera Grans Sport with the factory 455 Wildcat Big Block engine with the factory Dual 4-Barrell Carburetors. This car has every available factory option. Another incredibly rare car. There are simply no other car detailing classes where the students get to work on these caliber of cars. And because the people attending these classes use the best-in-class tool, pads and products, with proper instruction EVERY car comes out looking like it should have looked when it arrived, but sadly, doesn't. Every car leaves with a true, swirl-free, show car finish, worthy of their marque.

Second 2 cars

The second set of cars this class trained on were a 2006 Ford GT and a 1965 Corvette Stingray. At the Saturday night Meet-n-Greet, I have a session where I ask the students what their favorite car was to work on, what their favorite tool was to use and what if anything do they have in the garage back home. For this class, the most popular car to work on was the Ford GT

Third set of 2 cars

The next set of 2 cars were a 1968 Camaro and a 1964 1/2 Mustang Coupe. Both cars came in horribly contaminated and filled with swirls and scratches. Both cars left looking swirl and scratch free and also dripping wet.

From the owner of the Camaro...

Mike, I want to take this time to thank you for the awesome job you and your students did on the Camaro.

My Mother-in-law saw it yesterday and thought I had it repainted! Received a ton of compliments every where I went yesterday. Can't believe you were able to make it looks so good.

I sat in the garage last night looking at it and not believing how great it turned out. I think all of your students were proud and astonished that it turned out so great.

It's a a testament to the products and skill that Autogeek provides.

My heartfelt thanks to you and Autogeek.

Saturday

Class started on time at 7:30am. First thing we went over was how to do correctly use a Rinseless Wash. After I explained how it works and demonstrated the correct technique, I turned the class loose to use a rinseless wash to wash the first set of 2 cars and then stood off to the side where I could take this pictures photo-documenting when the class started.

First set of 2 cars

No chairs, no sitting - all on-your-feet, hands-on training.

2006 Bentley Flying Spur and a 1969 Dodge Dart

These first 2 cars are a 2006 Bentley Flying Spur and a 1969 Dodge Dart. The Dodge was one of the more dramatic before and after cars as someone had rubbed various areas over the entire car with what looks like a Scotchbrite pad. There were deep patches of rubbing scratches everywhere. Plus, the entire car was oxidized and dull.

Second set of 2 cars

1964 Cadillac and a 2008 Chevy HHR.

By this point of the class, we have gone over all the major brands of tool as well as "types" of tool. For this set of cars we go over the topic of Production Detailing. I showcase the BLACKFIRE One Step and let the students choose and use any tool they want to re-visit or spend more time with. They can actually use as many tools as they want to re-visit - it's up to them.

Both cars came out freaking amazing looking for only doing ONE thing to the paint besides washing and claying. The HHR was also a very dramatic before and after detail for this class.

Third set of 2 cars

1955 Chevy Sedan Delivery and a 1982 Corvette

A few years ago, the 1955 Chevy Sedan Deliver was actually one of the cars I used to teach wetsanding by hand and by machine. The owner said it could use a fresh polishing so I brought it back due to its size. Lots of real-estate for the class to get hands-on time. The other car is a friend of Autogeek Mark Harris. A few years ago Mark landed a Helicopter out front in the field in front of Autogeek (before the building there now was built) and took Wayne Carini for a helicopter ride to the Elliot Museum. Mark also let me use his all original 1978 Smokey and the Bandit Trans-Am for my RUPES how-to book.

New - Dedicated Rotary Polisher Class
    Because we can no longer wash cars outside the Autogeek building, the time we would normally spend washing cars I used to teach a dedicated class on how to use Rotary Polishers like the RUPES LHR19 and the FLEX PE14. The class compounded both cars using rotary polishers and then like the class session on Production Detailing, I let them choose and use any tool they wanted to spend more time with or re-visit to do the polishing step to ensure a hologram-free finish.

And like the 10 cars before these 2 cars, they both came out AMAZING!

2. Likes Kamakaz1961, axel06 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: A few pictures from our 2020 Boat and Car Detailing Classes at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

Continued....

The above is just a few pictures to showcase what our boat detailing classes look like and what our 3-day car detailing classes look like. If you scourer the internet with Google and try to find pictures like these, that is pictures that show you what you get to do if you attend any other car detailing class - you simply cannot find anything that comes close.

I've heard people comment that the reason I have old cars in my classes is because I like old cars. That's partly true and I'm in good company, simply watch any of these guys cars shows and you'll understand what I mean,

Besides that - Because I average 20 people in my classes, I need HUGE CARS so everyone has plenty or real-estate so they get plenty of HANDS-ON time. Anyone that takes a class that I personally teach, I want to make sure they have a GREAT experience. And the natural results from the class leads to happy students that go on to purchase a lot of their detailing tools and supplies from Autogeek.

Win/Win/Win

Mike Phillips

Re: A few pictures from our 2020 Boat and Car Detailing Classes at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

Last post....

The majority of pictures from this class will be shared in the pictures and comments thread for this class here,

Pictures: Paint Correction - Ceramic Coatings Class - Autogeek - February 2020 - 100% Hands On Training

In this thread you'll see all of the above cars plus the 1983 Chevy El Camino and the Chevy Spark that the class wetsanded by hand and machine plus the class session on Hot Water Extractors and Steam Machines. We cover MORE topics and cover them in hands-on style than any other class you can't find pictures for.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Your boat detailing class, (2-8/9-20) was a "must attend" for anyone seeking a career in the boat beautification business. In my case it was time well spent with my son who has been in the car detailing business for the past 3-4 years. Not only did we spend some quality time together, but I'm going to have the most detailed power boat on Seneca Lake (Finger Lakes Region in Western, NY).

My son Kyle is so motivated he's already purchased a FLEX Supa Beast and products from Autogeek to start our first project boat. (We'll post pictures of the boat when we finish)

I guess the bottom line is, whether you just want to keep you boat looking better than new or looking to fine tune your detailing skills on a professional level, you just gotta take a class from Mike Phillips!!!!!

Thanks Mike,

Rod G.

BTW many thanks to Andre. Great guy with a ton of detailing knowledge!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by SenecaCorvette View Post

Mike,

Your boat detailing class, (2-8/9-20) was a "must attend" for anyone seeking a career in the boat beautification business. In my case it was time well spent with my son who has been in the car detailing business for the past 3-4 years. Not only did we spend some quality time together, but I'm going to have the most detailed power boat on Seneca Lake (Finger Lakes Region in Western, NY).
    Good to hear!

My son Kyle is so motivated he's already purchased a FLEX Supa Beast and products from Autogeek to start our first project boat. (We'll post pictures of the boat when we finish)

That's great! I LOVE the Supa Beast! If you haven't seen or read this, check it out. The corded Supa Beast has MORE than enough power to turn and churn larger pads like the 6.5" Lake Country Force Hybrid pads.

Supa BEAST backing plate swap

[QUOTE=SenecaCorvette;1666394]

I guess the bottom line is, whether you just want to keep you boat looking better than new or looking to fine tune your detailing skills on a professional level, you just gotta take a class from Mike Phillips!!!!!

[/quoate]

Thank you for the endorsement. I work real hard at making sure everyone gets 100% hands-on time and 100% of my attention in ANY class I teach.

Thanks Mike,

Rod G.

BTW many thanks to Andre. Great guy with a ton of detailing knowledge!

Thanks Rod and I agree - Andre is a real asset to Autogeek and myself.