autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: 2020 Boat Detailing Class - SOLD OUT!

I would definitely recommend this class. I personally learned a ton.

We covered every step necessary to renew a neglected oxidized boat and bring it back to life.

The biggest knowledge gaps for me were in machine sanding, DA polishing, and ceramic coatings.

Being able to get hands on with all the tools and materials cemented my knowledge and gave me an outstanding foundation to take back home with me.

Thanks Mike and Andre.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow boats look awesome. Did the class use any cordless polishers. I Have a home up in NE PA on Lake wallenpaupack which is slightly frozen and come May it’s time to compound n polish the boat (25 ft Cobalt bow rider) .have no power where the boat is stored so I currently use a cordless FlexPE 150-18 (rotary, n wool pads)and XFE 150-18 (orbital, rupes blue coarse pads, etc). Does the new cordless flex beast xce 8-125 (I think that’s the #) offer any advantage to the other 2 cordless I have ( I also have the flex cordless pixie). Been using Mike,s Marine 31 detailing boat for references . Unfortunately work gets in the way of taking the hands on class listed here.
    2018 CaymanS, 2016 BMW M4
    2015 Lexus IS 350
    2016 Ford F150

Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVH View Post

I would definitely recommend this class. I personally learned a ton.
    We starated on time at 7:30am and didn't stop until 5:30pm each day. It was 100% hands-on and the ONLY time you had any butt-time was for a quick lunch. During the class I did what I call a,

Brain Dump

I basically took everything in my brain, and also in my boat detailing book, (which the Autogeek store says is now discontinued), and unloaded it in the class and into your brain. Thus, a brain dump.

We covered every step necessary to renew a neglected oxidized boat and bring it back to life.
    And the reason I bring in boats in HORRIBLE condition is because with a boat in horrible condition I can teach you everything and in a responsible and professional manner. It would be SO much easier to bring in brand new shiny, clean boats but then I couldn't teach you anything "professionally".

In this context, the word professionally means to do no harm as well as do the job right. I could show people how to machine sand a brand new boat but that would not be professional. It was remove perfectly good gel-coat for no good reason except for training purposes and to me - that's not professional.

The biggest knowledge gaps for me were in machine sanding, DA polishing, and ceramic coatings.
    Machine sanding is an art form when done correctly and once you learn the correct techniques - it's easy!

Being able to get hands on with all the tools and materials cemented my knowledge and gave me an outstanding foundation to take back home with me.

Thanks Mike and Andre.
    Thank you for attending. Thank you for your trust in the Autogeek name as well as my name. And about Andre? I couldn't do the class without him he's such a hard worker here at Autogeek.

Mike Phillips
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member - Certified Detailer - Skills Validated Detailer - IDA Recognized Trainer
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Mike Phillips Detail Training Credentials
    Sign-up for Mike's Tips & Techniques Newsletter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234