autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: 2020 Boat Detailing Class - SOLD OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

How is Mojito Mike?
    He's still limping. Thank you for asking. For those that don't know, Mojito was scared on New Year's Eve when some fireworks went off and he jumped off the couch and hurt his back left leg. Dr. said it was probably a tear or something and they didn't recommend surgery, just don't let him jump up or down off anything and limit his walking. So Stacy and I pretty much carry him everywhere. It's been 6+ weeks and he's doing better but still gambling along on 3 legs most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

This class blows my mind. If I worked on a lot more boats than I do, I would make this class a “Must Do” that’s for sure. Actually, I would like to do it just to do it but I would have to justify the costs simply just to get there from NZ.

If I hadn’t known better, I would’ve taken a look at the condition of that gel coat & said there was no chance of recovering that .... & yet here we are - looks incredible. Hats off to everyone who took this class, y’all did a superb job.

Boat detailing is a LOT of work. But it would be great to have you if it ever worked out.

Me? I'm heading back to the garage, more clean-up to do before I can leave for the day.

2. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    He's still limping. Thank you for asking. For those that don't know, Mojito was scared on New Year's Eve when some fireworks went off and he jumped off the couch and hurt his back left leg. Dr. said it was probably a tear or something and they didn't recommend surgery, just don't let him jump up or down off anything and limit his walking. So Stacy and I pretty much carry him everywhere. It's been 6+ weeks and he's doing better but still gambling along on 3 legs most of the time.

Damn, I must have missed that about Mojito, Mike.

I hope it's not a cruciate tear. I have been through more than one of those with my dogs.

Give him a scratch and a treat for me. Hope he gets better without the surgery.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a class that I would recommend to anyone that details their own boat or details boats professionally.

I should have take this class 10 years ago. I was able to learn so much for Mike’s knowledge. The ability to actually get my hands on the tools and boats increased my amount of knowledge and experience I received.

Do not think twice about this course and sign up now for next year’s course. The boats looked awesome when we were finished.

I have a boat sitting in my driveway that I can not wait to apply my confident skills to!

5. Likes PaulMys, mc2hill, Detailchick liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bwmerritt View Post
    This was a class that I would recommend to anyone that details their own boat or details boats professionally.

I should have take this class 10 years ago. I was able to learn so much for Mike’s knowledge. The ability to actually get my hands on the tools and boats increased my amount of knowledge and experience I received.

Do not think twice about this course and sign up now for next year’s course. The boats looked awesome when we were finished.

I have a boat sitting in my driveway that I can not wait to apply my confident skills to!

Hi Bradley,

Thank you for attending the 2-day boat detailing class and even more - thank you for sharing your review of the class.

Much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Are You using something besides water for the sanding lube?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike,

Thanks for putting on another awesome class. I took the 3-day car class in September and it was great, so I wanted to take the boat class to top off my training. I was not disappointed. This class was a great opportunity to learn about the differences in wetsanding/polishing gelcoat vs clear coat or single-stage auto paints. While a lot of the same principles apply, there are some difference in products and techniques that were good to see and do first-hand.

To anyone thinking of taking the class, I'd highly recommend this or the 3-day auto class. You get to put hands on all of the best tools and products in the industry so you leave with a good idea of what you prefer. This can save a lot of money when purchasing tools to startup a business by making sure you're getting exactly what you need. The discounts and credits you get also add up to quite a bit when placing orders after the class, so that helps justify the cost as well. And lastly, you get to meet a lot of cool people with similar interests to make friendships and contacts that hopefully will last a long time. Take the class!

Big thanks to Andre for helping with the class as well. He's a great source of information regarding different products and a good contact within the company to call when getting ready to order something. He's also just an all-around great guy.

Thanks again, Mike and Andre.

David Kendrick

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Owner and operator of Slick Obsession Auto Detailing LLC

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater25 View Post

Are You using something besides water for the sanding lube?

Yes. 3-4 drops of soap. In this example it was the Marine 31 boat wash.

1. The soap helps to lubricate the surface as your sanding for smoother sanding experience.
    2. The soap helps to prevent the discs from loading up (they still load up).
    3. The soap helps the water to stay wetter on the surface longer instead of simply evaporating.
    4. The soap gives the water the ability to cling better to a vertical surface.

That's off the top of my head...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by davidk72008 View Post
    Hey Mike,

Thanks for putting on another awesome class. I took the 3-day car class in September and it was great, so I wanted to take the boat class to top off my training. I was not disappointed. This class was a great opportunity to learn about the differences in wetsanding/polishing gelcoat vs clear coat or single-stage auto paints. While a lot of the same principles apply, there are some difference in products and techniques that were good to see and do first-hand.

To anyone thinking of taking the class, I'd highly recommend this or the 3-day auto class. You get to put hands on all of the best tools and products in the industry so you leave with a good idea of what you prefer. This can save a lot of money when purchasing tools to startup a business by making sure you're getting exactly what you need. The discounts and credits you get also add up to quite a bit when placing orders after the class, so that helps justify the cost as well. And lastly, you get to meet a lot of cool people with similar interests to make friendships and contacts that hopefully will last a long time. Take the class!

Big thanks to Andre for helping with the class as well. He's a great source of information regarding different products and a good contact within the company to call when getting ready to order something. He's also just an all-around great guy.

Thanks again, Mike and Andre.

David Kendrick

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wow!

Now that's a great review because in my honest opinion - its' accurate.

I'm really glad you like the class David and just as important, I appreciate your trust to sign-up for, pay and take 2 classes from your truly. As you witnessed first hand in both classes, they are EXTREMELY on-your-feet and hands-on and there's for the most part, very little butt-time in chairs.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Boat Detailing class was great

Just wanted to thank Mike and Andre on a great boat detailing class; definitely a great training class

12. Likes MartinS liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Boat Detailing class was great

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn D View Post

Just wanted to thank Mike and Andre on a great boat detailing class; definitely a great training class

Thanks Shawn!

It was a pleasure to work with you over the course of the 2 days. I hope you agree, the class was EXACTLY as I advertised it to be and that is

100% HANDS-ON

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast