autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Step1paint inspection...

None here

None here...

A little thin here...

and here...

and here...

Oh...and back to none here...

And there are plenty of more spots like this. cups behind door handles, tops of the quarter panels are thin.
    GM quality control at it's finest. They are doing the right thing and replacing the car.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Step1paint inspection...

WOW! Didn't expect that.

I really like the look of the 16's. Took them a couple revisions but this is the best looking one thus far. Glad to see they are stepping up.

I'm sure you saw this: Comparison: 2015 BMW M4 vs 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Motor Trend

Good reads.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Did you just take delivery of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jordan
    -2009 Ford Focus SES Sterling Grey Metallic Coupe
    -2002 CBR F4i Silver/Red

Post Thanks / Like

That plug in the door has PDR all over it

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot, the painting robot must have been hung over!

They are replacing it...and selling that car to someone else without doing a thing, right?

Post Thanks / Like

39 years ago (1977) was my last new GM car that I bought. Back then it wasn't paint issues. It was mostly the same ol' mechanical problems over and over that drove me away from GM for good. Looks like I ducked a few large bullets along the way. 2 new Porsches and many new Hondas are all I've owned since. Very happy about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    WOW! Didn't expect that.

I really like the look of the 16's. Took them a couple revisions but this is the best looking one thus far. Glad to see they are stepping up.

I'm sure you saw this: Comparison: 2015 BMW M4 vs 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Motor Trend

Good reads.
    Yes it is a good read. Pretty impressive for 31K less.

Quote Originally Posted by FOCUS.FREAK View Post
    Wow! Did you just take delivery of this?

I took delivery of it. Guilty for not checking to see if there was paint on the hinges lol. This other stuff you can't see in bright light. Just around sunset when the sun hits it just right. Another guy same issue had to take his car into a regional GM guy. They were in the shop and the GM guy said there was nothing wrong with the paint. Took it to a little more shaded spot of the shop took out an LED light and the people from the dealership and the GM guy were shocked. Body shop manager said "we're not repainting that...we could but it would never be right"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    That plug in the door has PDR all over it
    I don't think so both doors actually have it. Car only had 12 miles on it when I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Shoot, the painting robot must have been hung over!

Right!! lol

They are replacing it...and selling that car to someone else without doing a thing, right?
    The sales manager at the dealership replacing mine said it would end up on their used lot. Some people would be happy to buy it at about a 5K discount. Someone who is going to put custom paint on it. Someone who just wants to track the car.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsc View Post
    39 years ago (1977) was my last new GM car that I bought. Back then it wasn't paint issues. It was mostly the same ol' mechanical problems over and over that drove me away from GM for good. Looks like I ducked a few large bullets along the way. 2 new Porsches and many new Hondas are all I've owned since. Very happy about that.

I'm here to tell you the mechanical end of this car is incredible. The 70's and 80's weren't good for many auto companies. Porche were talking about a different class of vehicle. The Camaro stood up very well to the BMW M4. And that was the M6, the A8 puts in better times.
    Just for grins go test drive a 16 SS with Magnetic Ride control dual mode exhaust...M6 or A8 either way and let me know what you think...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Another guy same issue had to take his car into a regional GM guy. They were in the shop and the GM guy said there was nothing wrong with the paint. Took it to a little more shaded spot of the shop took out an LED light and the people from the dealership and the GM guy were shocked. Body shop manager said "we're not repainting that...we could but it would never be right"

The sales manager at the dealership replacing mine said it would end up on their used lot. Some people would be happy to buy it at about a 5K discount. Someone who is going to put custom paint on it. Someone who just wants to track the car.
    I remember someone else posting about this.

So who is eating the $5K, GM or the dealer? I'm actually shocked, I figured the dealer would just turn around and sell it to someone who wouldn't notice. This is bringing back memories of a transit damage fight...

PS Did they have any idea how this happened?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I remember someone else posting about this.

So who is eating the $5K, GM or the dealer? I'm actually shocked, I figured the dealer would just turn around and sell it to someone who wouldn't notice. This is bringing back memories of a transit damage fight...

PS Did they have any idea how this happened?
    Mine isn't the only one. GM is giving the dealer some credit. The car has been titled so that's going to be a red flag to anyone buying it. I don't have an actual dollar amount.
    Has to be the program running the robots I would think. That of a rogue robot lol

Post Thanks / Like

Is the titling really an issue? I figure the dealer would just tell people the original owner didn't like the car and brought it back after a few days.

I mean it's not that bad, there's still e-coat and primer on there. I would imagine half of owners wouldn't notice.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast