autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Review My Resume (Peers Resume)

Lue Her
    Street Address
    Fresno,CA Zip Code
    Email: AutoGeek@yahoo.com
    Home Phone: (559) 111-1111
    Cell Phone: (559) 121-1212
    Best contact by Cell Phone (prefer text if possible)

Objective:
    Looking for a position at “….Company Name….” to increase my knowledge and skill of detailing vehicles and communication skills.

Experience:
    • Took auto collision repair and refinish class in Auto Geek College (2015)
    o Removing car parts (hood, fenders, door panels, etc)
    o Repairing dents (hammering, bondo, and sanding)
    o Spraying primer and paint
    o Hand car wash
    o Claying
    o Wet sanding
    o Compound/polish (by hand and DA polisher)
    o Applying wax by hand
    o Cleaning and vacuuming interior
    o Cleaning Window
    • Hmong New Year VIP Gatekeeper
    o Monitors passage through the VIP gate while standing most of the time
    • Basic automotive technician in Ammo High School (2013)
    o Changing engine oil, replacing and removing wheels, brake pads, shocks, and spring
    Personal Skill:
    • Active
    • Enthusiastic
    • Pay attention to visual details
    • Hardworking and honest
    • Rarely late or sick
    • Able to stand for a long period of time
    • Able to work in extreme temperature
    • Bilingual: English and Hmong

Education:
    o Graduate from Ammo High School in 2013
    o Obtain High School diploma
    o Currently attending Auto Geek for my auto body certificate and Associate Degree
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Other info that may help you review better
    -No Auto "Work" Experience
    -Applying to detailer position in Acura dealership and car washes
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't know where this belong in the forums so i just post it here. Any tips or advises are welcome and thanks in advance if u do.Don't just say "change this to this" and that it, at least explain why.Negative comments are welcome as long you have a reason or explain why.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review My Resume (Peers Resume)

I would change "rarely late or sick" to "very timely" or something along those lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Eliminate "to increase my knowledge and skill of detailing vehicles and communication skills." from onjective

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by larry33 View Post
    Eliminate "to increase my knowledge and skill of detailing vehicles and communication skills." from onjective
    I would agree that the objective should not be what they can do for you but what you can do for them.

Besides experience, you should be focus on a strong work ethic (dependable, professional, etc) as an assets.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Formatting needs a lot of work and very hard to do in a public forum. Here are some suggested changes. You need a online word process to ensure the formatting is perfect as well as the spelling. If there is a spelling mistake I wouldn't hire you. Also make sure it is one page and properly spaced. No need to fill it with non-sense.

Good luck in your search and please note this is draft one. Resumes that i have worked on have taken up to 60 hours to ensure every word is absolutely perfect.

Lue Her
    Street Address
    Fresno,CA Zip Code
    _________________________________________________ [this line should go accross whole page as a divider]

Summary

Dedicated Professional Detailer skilled in all phases of auto paint restoration and maintenance. Consistently finishes all projects on or under budget and ahead of scheduled timeline. Forward thinking client service professional that is committed to car clients and can effectively communicate enhancement correction services in a professional level detailing organiziation.

Experience:
    • Participated in the auto collision repair and refinish college and received certification (2015)
    o Expertise in the safe removal and replacement of various car panels.
    o Skilled in the removal and repair of auto body dents [need a better word here -dents doesn't work] including the steps involved (hammering, bondo, and sanding)
    o Paint repair experience including the primer and painting stages
    o Applied and have detailed knowledge of the best practices of auto body paint restoration and maintenance including car washing, claying, wet sanding and compounding and polishing (by hand and DA polisher)
    o Hmong New Year VIP Gatekeeper [no clue what this is]
    o Perform basic automotive technical services [again no clue what this is] including oil changes, wheel replacement and removal, installing brake pads, shocks, and springs.

Personal:
    • Detailed oriented individual that is bilingual in English and Hmong
    [add more but i have no idea of what - golf sports, fishing etc]

Education:
    o Graduate of High School [year]
    o Currently attending Auto Geek for my auto body certificate and Associate Degree

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I would agree that the objective should not be what they can do for you but what you can do for them.

Besides experience, you should be focus on a strong work ethic (dependable, professional, etc) as an assets.
    ah i see, will do sir

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbpress01 View Post
    Formatting needs a lot of work and very hard to do in a public forum. Here are some suggested changes. You need a online word process to ensure the formatting is perfect as well as the spelling. If there is a spelling mistake I wouldn't hire you. Also make sure it is one page and properly spaced. No need to fill it with non-sense.

Good luck in your search and please note this is draft one. Resumes that i have worked on have taken up to 60 hours to ensure every word is absolutely perfect.

Lue Her
    Street Address
    Fresno,CA Zip Code
    _________________________________________________ [this line should go accross whole page as a divider]

Summary

Dedicated Professional Detailer skilled in all phases of auto paint restoration and maintenance. Consistently finishes all projects on or under budget and ahead of scheduled timeline. Forward thinking client service professional that is committed to car clients and can effectively communicate enhancement correction services in a professional level detailing organiziation.

Experience:
    • Participated in the auto collision repair and refinish college and received certification (2015)
    o Expertise in the safe removal and replacement of various car panels.
    o Skilled in the removal and repair of auto body dents [need a better word here -dents doesn't work] including the steps involved (hammering, bondo, and sanding)
    o Paint repair experience including the primer and painting stages
    o Applied and have detailed knowledge of the best practices of auto body paint restoration and maintenance including car washing, claying, wet sanding and compounding and polishing (by hand and DA polisher)
    o Hmong New Year VIP Gatekeeper [no clue what this is]
    o Perform basic automotive technical services [again no clue what this is] including oil changes, wheel replacement and removal, installing brake pads, shocks, and springs.

Personal:
    • Detailed oriented individual that is bilingual in English and Hmong
    [add more but i have no idea of what - golf sports, fishing etc]

Education:
    o Graduate of High School [year]
    Thanks a lot! yea, this is my 4th draft and it take a long time to get a "good" resume. Hmong New Year is like an Asian festival. The basic auto is an auto class in high school. Thanks again, and this one look better than my old one. Back to more editing.

Post Thanks / Like

my question to you is are you trying for a body and paint guy,or a detailer.If so a detailer they more than likely won't care because of the high turn over,in the dealer world they start at entry level pay .Bodyshop position is more lucrative if your in the right shop.so the format you put together is more applied to seek out the repair position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    my question to you is are you trying for a body and paint guy,or a detailer.If so a detailer they more than likely won't care because of the high turn over,in the dealer world they start at entry level pay .Bodyshop position is more lucrative if your in the right shop.so the format you put together is more applied to seek out the repair position.

I agree with this. If you're able to repair, use body filler, prime and paint, you'd be far more valuable than the person they pay for new car prep. Unless it's a high end shop willing to compensate you for paint corrections and so on.

As for the CV, you have lots of good advice. One thing I would do is change Bondo to body filler. I try to avoid using brand names unless it's something specific to the job like a program or piece of equipment.

Is it possible to post Word documents on here? Is so, someone may be able to give some other good changes. It's hard to visualize your format on the forum layout.