autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

RaceDeck updated slip test video (non-dramatic)

Because so many people went crazy about my "acting," I decided to make another video... The boring version

I posted it in the other thread but posting a new thread here so people who aren't following the thread see that there's an updated video.

Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RaceDeck updated slip test video (non-dramatic)

I considered racedeck for my new garage, but I was concerned about the soap residue and how slippery it might get I general. I believe it now.

(Sent via my mobile device)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I considered racedeck for my new garage, but I was concerned about the soap residue and how slippery it might get I general. I believe it now.

(Sent via my mobile device)
    If you watch my other video you'll see that sanding the tiles greatly improves traction.
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what all these people are thinking when they drive by. Thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?!"

Im surprised people kept saying all the things they were saying lol. Some people.... riding the bandwagon, too.

Post Thanks / Like

RaceDeck updated slip test video (non-dramatic)

I really do not like the idea and never understood the appeal of these "tiles".

First off, for the price of these "tiles", you could probably buy a mid rise lift that would prove infinitely more useful.

Secondly, these "tiles" are not an ideal surface of you want to use a jack... See this video:

http://youtu.be/MMkD-pETlMk

In fact, the jack actually damages the tiles. Why would any car guy want a floor in his garage that is damaged by a regular floor jack?

Third...If you ever do actual WORK on a car - you know oil / trans fluid / diff fluid / etc... spills. So, I'm guessing you have to pull up the tiles to clean it up? Seems like a complete waste of time.

These are prolly great if you are rich guy with a GT3 whose idea of working on a car is checking tire pressure. But, in the real world - I don't see how these are practical for any real car guy.

Fourth... These things seem like they would be horrible to roll a loaded tool chest over or move around with on a rolling stool (think polishing lower panels).

Fifth, as you can see the OP got an ice skating rink installed N/C after spending prolly $2k for tiles in his garage. No thanks.

I dunno. Concrete just seems better.

Post Thanks / Like

@swanicyouth

My shop is only used for detailing and after sanding the tiles they offer plenty of traction. And carts/stools roll perfectly fine over them. They make my shop really clean and attractive to high-end clientele.
    The floor paint in my shop was peeling up and the surface is full of horrible defect plus I'm leasing so coating the floor was not an option. I consider my brand image very important and especially being on the busiest intersection in town this will help that a lot.
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

This is obviously a fake video cause these tiles can not ever ever be slippery, ever.
    *Waits for doubters to come up with new theory*

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So stupid, how they was calling the first video fake, even if you did exaggerated a little, it was clear as day that it appeared you was sliding on ice.

And I don't see how you can fake that.

You can slide across pavement or concrete like that it's just so stupid how people were calling it fake.

Leave them there bro, there all idiots.

And

Post Thanks / Like

I've read through the Garage Journal thread - they've drunk the cool-aid and will never see your point.

Thanks for the PSA on your experience with the flooring. Good to know whe considering options. I'm glad your keeping it, makes your shop look nice and adds a level of professionalism.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    I've read through the Garage Journal thread - they've drunk the cool-aid and will never see your point.

Thanks for the PSA on your experience with the flooring. Good to know whe considering options. I'm glad your keeping it, makes your shop look nice and adds a level of professionalism.
    Funny that after the second video the biggest naysayer shifted from 'you're just acting and trying to get free tiles' to 'you're not wearing the right boots'. The same red tongued guy claiming they are not drinking the koolaid.

At least the thread wasn't shut down based on the forum sponsorship.

But the funniest is the Garageflooring LLC guy saying RD should do a DMCA on your video......all the while his signature reads:

"In a world of new technology, what our customers say about us through places like Shopper Approved, Amazon, and our A+ from the BBB says more than we ever could"

Of course it says a lot about you when you campaign to remove anything but glowing reviews. One more place I won't be buying from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast