autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Roll Call! Who drives a MANUAL transmission?

I'll jump in too, my last 5 cars (+/- 20 years) have been manuals. When the drunk woman totaled my Suzuki in December '15, I told my wife that whatever I picked as a replacement HAD!!!!! to be a stick. I only had 3 requirements in the new car: STICK SHIFT, at LEAST as much horsepower as the Suzuki and a 6-disc CD player ... well the Camaro only has a single disc CD, BUT it has 168 MORE HP that the 'zuki ... 323 VS 155, a 6th gear and a clutch pedal, so I call that a fair trade.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would if my car had it as an option.

Problem is I want a V8 RWD sedan with a stick, that's reliable..... Its hard to find.

My son picked up a 96 Bru Outback stick. Cool thing on the Outback's with stick's, they get a sweet full time 50/50 torque split. But a slushbox gets a 90/10 until there is slippage.
    Last edited by EyesofThunder; 09-20-2018 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Forgot...RWD is a requirement for me....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EyesofThunder View Post
    I would if my car had it as an option.

Problem is I want a V8 sedan with a stick, that's reliable..... Its hard to find.
    Very. That limits to to, what, the Chevy SS, Cadillac CTS-V, and possibly the rare Pontiac G-8 GXP with a manual? The way things are going V-8s in cars are vanishing as fast as manual transmissions...even cars are vanishing and being replaced by big soggy SUVs and trucks. Secondary to the "save the manuals" campaigns, we should start a "save the cars" campaign too!

My son picked up a 96 Bru Outback stick. Cool thing on the Outback's with stick's, they get a sweet full time 50/50 torque split. But a slushbox gets a 90/10 until there is slippage.
    I think this is standard across the Subi line. It's part of what makes the WRX and WRX STI so much fun to drive. Combine what you mentioned with the fact Subaru uses CVT's instead of traditional automatics in their vehicles, there is no way I'd ever get Subi without a manual transmission.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to whoever found this older thread! I've been daily driving a manual transmission continuously for 6 yrs and off and on before that since 2003. First time driving a vehicle period was my father's manual trans Nissan pick-up when I was 12-13yrs old. Also, I have never owned a vehicle with ABS or Traction Control, and I don't care to either. So, it will be sad day if i have to have a car new enough to where either of those were government regulated.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I searched for tree sap and found this thread, bizarre but that's ok!

The previous owner of my car was selling it to me because he wanted to row his own gears. I have to admit, this trans does a GREAT job, but I still like to be the transmission brain.

I like a manual in the snow because you FEEL the traction slippage and can take much faster control of the situation.

Post Thanks / Like

2004 Acura TSX 6 Speed manual, driven since 2008. My wife says my next car can’t be a manual, so I refuse to get rid of my current car.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Blast from the past!

Last June I celebrated 11 years of rowing my own gears.

Since creating this thread nearly 3 years ago, I've since sold my WRX and purchased a new Civic Si. Honda makes the best manual transmissions (Uhhh Subaru doesn't ). The moment I slid into the bucket seats of my Si and engaged first gear, I was sold!

Within a week of taking delivery of the new Si, I had a Ktuner installed with a stage 1 tune.

Since then I've added a PRL Cobra Intake, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, and upgraded the clutch to a Clutch Masters FX350.

Post Thanks / Like

Honda’s/Acura’s shift like warm butter.

Post Thanks / Like

I drive a 6 speed manual on my 2017 GTI. I've owned 6 cars since getting my license and 4 of those were manual, 2 automatic (one I had the option to get manual - a 2008 TSX - but chose automatic because I lived in center city Philadelphia and there was a ton of traffic). I get bored driving an automatic because my left leg has nothing to do. But if I lived in an area with lots of traffic again I'd prefer auto because it sucks to drive a stick using just 1st and 2nd gear for miles at a time.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT!!! Love the car and not looking back to automatic!Roll Call! Who drives a MANUAL transmission?-img_2163-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast