autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 45 of 157 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's your weather currently like?

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    We have a long dry period here in Sweden. This will effect of the harvest to be very low. We are already beginning to import from other countries to get food for the animals over the winter. Around 80-85f with almost non rain since beginning of may. And water restrictions is in some areas too. An unusual weather for us without any rain.

Know I will continue to look at the second half of the soccer quarter final between Sweden and England
    Harvest of what, Swetm? What crops are raised over there?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joleyred View Post
    Harvest of what, Swetm? What crops are raised over there?

I've always pictured fields of insanely beautiful blonde women, but I digress........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Likes minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    A guy I know just moved from here to the Scottsdale area. He said when it's 110 there he doesn't mind walking out into the heat nearly as much as when it's 100 here. I know it's hot there, but there definitely is a difference when it's dry heat.
    Exactly Dave. Obviously when it’s this hot you don’t go out for a hike, but I did jog @ 102.
    But at 108 and above, I liken it to the blast of heat when you open the oven door to take the pizza out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    "Much cooler at 110". Oh Lord, Paul. I guess you have officially acclimated from New Hampshire climate!
    Our second AZ summer! We’re veterans now. Notice the AC was set to 72. Actually pretty chilly when it’s 116!

That same day I was about to pull down my street, I looked at the sky in-front of me and said “holy balls of hell fire!!” Our first sandstorm of the season was about to hit. As soon as I pulled the Stang in and closed the garage door, this monster hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I've always pictured fields of insanely beautiful blonde women, but I digress........
    Sounds like something that would make me become a farmer or at least a harvest hand!!

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Any of those fires near you, Allen?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Any of those fires near you, Allen?
    haven't had any fires real close to me, hopefully it stays that way...

11. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

supposed to to be in the low 90's and high humdity,,a good to day bring a lawn chair to the beach and sit neck deep in Lake Michigan
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

Post Thanks / Like

On the beaches we harvest those beutieful blond womens here LOL.

The dry period here in Sweden is still on. And the heat records has been beatened over this summer. It's the harvest of both hay and the crops that's low. A farming store near my place has imported hay from England to sell to other farmers. Not only did they beat us in the soccer game know we need to be buying from them jk LOL. We have not been prepared for this extreme weather. But something good has come out of it and that's is the cooperation between other EU countries and us. It's have been us who have been helping out the most with all kind of things and know beeing helped back. Our goverment helps the farmers with the economical they need. Cause they need to be buying food for the animals instead of what they harvest from their lands. We will see how it going to be with the food for us humans too when the harvest season is over.

The forrest fires has been the worst of it's kind too. Nothing like the those in california that I understand is very big. But we are a very small country with only almost 10 million people living here. I live in south and the worst and biggest forrest fires has been in the middle of the country. We have had help from Italy and France with theirs airplanes that holds alot of water to release over the fires. Then we have the helicopters we have and have help with more of those from Norway and Finland and Denmark. And fire departements from Germany and Poland and Denmark and more countries have been very helpfull.

There is one forrest fire on a practice field where they use fighter aircraft to practice and testing their weapons on. They did test out how effective it would be to bomb with missiles on the fires. And the results where great as I understand it. Not the best way in the civilation with people living. But in the wilderness it has become an option to use if necessary to.

It's have been 85F-95F in the last 3-4 weeks. And no rain to talk about as it's evaporate so fast the little that has come. It may not be hearing so extreme. But for our normal environment it's very extreme. We have a lot of forrest and it's a big export income for us. My stepfather works in the forrest industrie with logging timbers out of the forrest. They have not been working for the last 6 weeks because of the possibility to the machines can start forrest fires. The forrests is also very dry. Know they have been starting to work at nights and have guards out afterwards to see so no fires has been started.

The heat seems to be getting lower over this week and hopefully we get some rain next week. But we will see how it going to devolop.

You have also been haveing a higher heat than normal in the US as I have heard?

Hope my english is somewhat understandable.

/Tony

Page 45 of 157 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast