autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love Bugs!

Post Thanks / Like

Love Bugs!

Is it just me or does anyone else on this forum go this far to protect their paint during love bug season.

I love to see peoples reaction when ever I go somewhere with my car taped up like this, and when they ask what for I just say Im trying to keep my car looking good and not like most peoples who don't wash the bugs off the entire time during the season. I didn't tape off much, just the areas I have noticed over the years that seem to get hit the most, the bra does most of the work. I also drive really slow to prevent the bugs from splattering on the windpw.
    Some may think I'm crazy, but I'm just and AUTOGEEK!
    Last edited by Excessive Detail; 09-08-2007 at 08:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - they are pretty bad but I just try and rinse them off quick. They do have cement-like blood though...
    Paul
    2000 Corvette
    1965 Chevelle

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I can drive from Ontario, Canada to Orlando FLA with my car looking looking like that. I will give it two coats of EX-P and a coat of Collnite Insultor Wax on top of that and hope for the best. I may even have to go through some auto washes while I am down there but my new UDM can remove the blemishes when I get home. Its better then having those damn bugs embedded in my front end by the time I am back in Canada.

Pat.
    2006 Black Rav4.

Makita 9227C, UDM, Optimum polishes,Menzerna Power Finish, Pinnacle XMT polishes, Poorboy's Sealant, Collnite Insulator wax, various 4,6.5,and 8 inch CCS pads. Edge pads. Microfiber towels galore. And a big thanks to Meghan for shipping to Walt Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like
    We dont get love bugs here but I hear that they are the worst. Do you know of this product Diamondite Bug Blocker is the only product that provides an easy on easy off coating which shields impacted flying insect residue away from vehicle it might be better than that bra.

Post Thanks / Like
    I give you an A for effort. Sometimes bras can do as much harm and they can good. I have not noticed any love bug yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pricha00 View Post
    I don't think I can drive from Ontario, Canada to Orlando FLA with my car looking looking like that. I will give it two coats of EX-P and a coat of Collnite Insultor Wax on top of that and hope for the best. I may even have to go through some auto washes while I am down there but my new UDM can remove the blemishes when I get home. Its better then having those damn bugs embedded in my front end by the time I am back in Canada.

Pat.
    Unless you come down here in the springtime, you are safe. They don't show up until March or April and then only for about 4-6 weeks.
    Paul
    2000 Corvette
    1965 Chevelle

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in Florida last October and at least in the Orlando area the bugs were everywhere!!!!! We are going to be there in two weeks so I will be proactive and protect my vehicle!!!!

Pat.
    2006 Black Rav4.

Makita 9227C, UDM, Optimum polishes,Menzerna Power Finish, Pinnacle XMT polishes, Poorboy's Sealant, Collnite Insulator wax, various 4,6.5,and 8 inch CCS pads. Edge pads. Microfiber towels galore. And a big thanks to Meghan for shipping to Walt Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like
    I might steal you painters tape idea! I hate scrubbing off love bugs. We have pictures somewhere on here of a forum member who wrapped his car in plastic wrap when he drove down to Detail Fest in Feb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love Bugs don't seem to be too bad down in South FL durring season, central/northern FL on the otherhand are a different story. Driving up to the lakehouse in Lake Placid I think I encounter every flying bug species known to man lol. But I don't tape up or bra or anything, just wash them off when I get there.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    I might steal you painters tape idea! I hate scrubbing off love bugs. We have pictures somewhere on here of a forum member who wrapped his car in plastic wrap when he drove down to Detail Fest in Feb.
    I got the idea from some friends a while back who used to tape up their cars for the drive to car shows, so I figured that it could work for lovebugs. If you do it, make sure its painters tape, goes on easy and might leave a little residue if you leave the tape on for a long period of time, still I have been doing it for the past few years and havn't had any problems. I also do it if I'm going on a long trip. It may look tacky but its well worth it in the long run.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast