autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 164 of 169 FirstFirst ... 64114154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169 LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1689

Thread: DK News

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DK News

Sorry for your loss Monica!

It's a grief period as always and it's necessary I think. Then you getting more to reminds the awesome times you and your man had with Sidney as time goes by. Awesome picture of Sidney where you can see his playfullness through the picture. It's so hard to let them go. But it's better than the alternative to see them suffering and in high pain any longer. You did what was best for him.

Condolences/ Tony

2. Likes Klasse Act, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    It’s with a lot of sadness that I post this...

We made the tough decision and said goodbye to our pup this evening.
    He was just getting worse and we didn’t want to see him suffer anymore.

He was a great dog... so sweet and gentile. Not a mean bone in his body. He even tolerated my cats swatting him.
    He was goofy and loved running and playing. He had the softest fur (like a bunny) and would howl at sirens.

Sidney will be missed terribly. Our house will not be the same without him.
    Monica, i went through the same thing with my two dogs and it's never easy. just know that You and your Husband gave both June and Sidney the best life that any dog could ever ask for and i'm sure they both knew it, so keep that comfort with you as well as the memories which will last a lifetime...

4. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Monica,

I am so sorry for your loss, dogs are one of Gods greatest gifts to man/womankind. Dogs "know" who has a good heart, good intentions, and who loves them...(and of course who feeds them) and they would always be loyal to them because of that. I feel pretty confident Sidney knew that she had the greatest parents that any dog could have!

You and your family are in my prayers.

Jay

6. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Monica, rest assure Sidney lived a good life with a loving
    family. Your decision, as hard as it must have
    been, was done with love and what was best for
    Sidney. God bless.

8. Likes PaulMys, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all again for the kind words/thoughts and prayers.
    It was a sad day. And it’s worse tonight... quiet in the house without any dogs.

Oddly the kitties are very social tonight... they either know we are sad or are happy the dog is gone.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

10. Likes PaulMys, Klasse Act, SWETM, Jim w liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all again for the kind words/thoughts and prayers.
    It was a sad day. And it’s worse tonight... quiet in the house without any dogs.

Oddly the kitties are very social tonight... they either know we are sad or are happy the dog is gone.
    That "empty feeling" after one our own goes to the big dog park in the sky is sobering to say the least.

I have felt this more than once unfortunately.

Hang in there, Monica. And revel in the good thoughts of Sidney's life.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Thanks DetailKitty thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought I would update you all...

The husband and I went to a greyhound event without Sidney a few weeks after we lost him since we were already signed up. We figured it would probably be therapeutic... well it very much was.

We decided after petting dozens of greyhounds, talking to rescues and coming home to a very quiet house that we wanted to adopt 2 more hounds sooner vs later. NOT to replace Sidney and June, but to open our hearts and home to more greyhounds who need a good life and someone to love them.

This weekend we are heading out to the rescue we got Sidney and June from and looking at adopting again. Hopefully we can be paired with 2 hounds that like and gel with us. Our only requirement again is they test cat-safe. We never care about boy/girl, color, etc.

So I will let you all know how it goes!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

14. Thanks PaulMys, VISITOR thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Diner, PaulMys, mc2hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you find your perfect matched greyhounds. Or usually they find you while you are there

Best wishes!

/ Tony

16. Likes DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought I would update you all...

The husband and I went to a greyhound event without Sidney a few weeks after we lost him since we were already signed up. We figured it would probably be therapeutic... well it very much was.

We decided after petting dozens of greyhounds, talking to rescues and coming home to a very quiet house that we wanted to adopt 2 more hounds sooner vs later. NOT to replace Sidney and June, but to open our hearts and home to more greyhounds who need a good life and someone to love them.

This weekend we are heading out to the rescue we got Sidney and June from and looking at adopting again. Hopefully we can be paired with 2 hounds that like and gel with us. Our only requirement again is they test cat-safe. We never care about boy/girl, color, etc.

So I will let you all know how it goes!
    SO awesome to read this Monica.

My wife and I are the same way with our big, dumb Pit heads. Lol

You are very right in stating that NO dog will replace the great Sidney. But adopting (saving) another great soul is more like honoring her and her memory.

Another chapter in you guys' lives as great and caring human beings that do everything in their power to overcome the careless abuse of lesser, even sub-human pieces of you-know-what.

Different breeds, but same minds between us, kid.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

18. Thanks VISITOR thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    SO awesome to read this Monica.

My wife and I are the same way with our big, dumb Pit heads. Lol

You are very right in stating that NO dog will replace the great Sidney. But adopting (saving) another great soul is more like honoring her and her memory.

Another chapter in you guys' lives as great and caring human beings that do everything in their power to overcome the careless abuse of lesser, even sub-human pieces of you-know-what.

Different breeds, but same minds between us, kid.
    Sidney and June will always have a place in my heart... like all our pets who have passed away.
    BTW- Sidney was a male. No worries, everyone makes that mistake... it was the name.

So many dogs in any shelter need good homes so why not make a difference again, right?

Thanks fo the support Paul

20. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
Page 164 of 169 FirstFirst ... 64114154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169 LastLast